Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Original Writings > Time

Xelakian

I have none of it. I am back, but I'm currently working like 18 hour days where I also have to spend the night on the boat every three days. I have gotten a new Pokemon game, and started it, but my original plan of posting a blind Nuzlocke for it is probably not gonna happen. It's probably for the best anyways, as the overall setup of the game is a bit strange for a Pokemon game. I will post one of it, at some point, though.

I've also come to the conclusion that I have way too many projects. I am considering dropping some of them, simply because I have no time and not as much access to my computer as I would like. On top of that, many have been on "hiatus", which really means I dropped them, so here they are, officially.

Iocen: Not really posted much on it yet. Trying to figure out how/where to start the story that has been brewing in my head for years now. Originally began as an attempt to make an original fantasy setting (I alluded to it briefly here, which I reread while I was out and was part of my reason for posting it anyways), turned into an attempted D&D setting, turned into an attempt to make a video game, modified significantly over the years and attempted again to turn into a D&D setting. Another reason I haven't added anything new to it is that many of my references are on my home PC and I haven't had a whole lot of response. Which, to be fair, it does seem to be mostly just the two of us here most of the time...

The Past is Dead: I'm not giving this up. Don't worry. It's too awesome and I've built it up too much to end it now.

Two Years Later: Remember this? I got bored and distracted by other things for a while, but when we moved up to Washington in May, I started a new game and almost beat it. Honestly, I must say, Gen 5 was initially disappointing, but I feel strangely fond of it. There were some definite good things that came out of them. And some not so good things, but whatever. For now, this is discontinued. I may pick it up again at some later date. Or I may have Ikuno be a character in another Nuz.

Battle the Beastmen: I miss this. I introduced Ninja (my roommate through nuke school) to Pokemon via HG/SS, and after competing with each other for a few months, I convinced him to post a Nuz of Pearl, while I did a competitive one of Platinum. Unfortunately, our schedules stopped synching, and with other priorities on our hands, he stopped playing and posting. I've attempted to reestablish communications with him numerous times since I left, but he's never been very communicative. Consider this run, unfortunately, discontinued until further notice. I'd like to finish Xerxes' part, at the very least, but Ninja's narration was the real driving point of the story.

From the Dark, Light: I had written a full on update for this just before I left, but was unable to post it. I think I still have it, but it may take a bit to post it, again due to time. As far as the progress on this story goes, updates will probably be leaner from here on, as I'm getting to the harder parts of the game, as in the parts that I've not really beaten. I can defeat the next three bosses for sure, but it's a HUGE pain in the dick. There's a reason why Dark Souls is considered such a hard game. However, Dark Souls 2 is due out in March, so I may see about doing a run of that when I get it. From what's been hinted, the sequel is supposed to be set in the same time periodish, but in a completely different area of the world. So, we'll see.

Hrothstuck: Probably my most fun story. I'm not really sure what I want to do with Deekin at this time, as I'm kinda at one of the MOST MAJOR CROSSROADS OF THE GAME, but I feel as though our Reptilian Dragonborn is not through yet.

>Be the other guy: Ilmiru Domardi and Lance Jacobs. I really want to continue their stories, but these and Hrothstuck honestly need a larger audience to get the input they need. I made these with the intention of doing a Homestuck-like story and getting people to post, but with so little regular activity anymore...

On the Edge of the Heavens: Holy shit, I had forgotten about this. My attempt at a narrated run of Skyrim prior to Hrothstuck. Reading through it again, I give only the very briefest of details, and overall the character and storytelling style seem to very interestingly counter that of Deekin's. I may have to look into this again at some point. But for now, discontinued as it was before.

So, yeah. Tell me what you think. We need more people. I can't post much right now, but we need to bring people back again.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

November 10, 2013 at 8:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Nice to see you back, X, even if "back" for you is insane workdays and very little free time.

For my part, I need Hrothstuck to continue. I love Deekin and just the overall way you narrated that, and Skyrim is the perfect game to take that approach with. However, I also understand that if it's just you writing and me suggesting, it then becomes pretty much the lamest thing possible. You're right, we need more people. That's what it's always come down to, isn't it...

Battle the Beastmen was one of my favorite things to ever be posted on this site, but yeah, without Ninja there's really no point. I loved Xerxes' participation and I loved the passages you wrote every bit as much as Ninja's, but again, the story needs him to continue. That's really too bad about him, I loved his style. Even if it's not with us I sincerely hope he's still writing something, somewhere.

Iocen intrigues the shit out of me, and The Past is Dead is seriously fantastic. Those two projects are what I think you should devote what little time and energy you must have with that schedule into. I can tell how important they both are to you, and that always makes for the best read. As for your Dark Souls narration, I can tell from the writing that it's really good, but I just don't know enough about the setting to really get into it. If you're still feeling it though, by all means. Write what makes you happy above all else.

--

The destructor has gone

November 11, 2013 at 5:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

So. Upon defeating the second gym leader, I'm torn between trying to continue my current game and restarting with a narrated nuzlocke, as I've realized that EVERY ROUTE HAS DIFFERENT POKEMON. XY seems to be basically one big love letter to Pokemon as a whole. I officially love it. However, I'm hesitant to give up some of my mons. Like my awesome Mawile I finished Super Training. I think what I may do though, because there are so few routes and so many Pokemon, is allow two per route. What are your opinions?

--

December 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Because there are so many Mons, along with two starters, I think that makes this the perfect game to Nuzlocke the old fashioned way. You're pretty much guaranteed to get a good team with the single most vast regional Dex ever. Whatever you do though, I think you should have a rule banning Amie. The exp. gain you get from Amie absolutely breaks this game and would make a traditional Nuzlocke a joke.

And if you want to restart, you could always trade your Mons to me before deleting. I'd happily hang onto them until you beat your Nuz.

--

The destructor has gone

December 7, 2013 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

That would work. I've not had the opportunity to try Amie. The only thing I know it does is get you Sylveon.

--

December 7, 2013 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Like I said, when you Amie a bunch, you get a significant experience boost for that Pokémon; significant to the point of making the traditional single team of six quickly overpowered for the opponents the main game throws at you. However, if you can see yourself using two or three different teams, Amie is a great way to keep all of them on the same page level-wise.

Amie also causes "hax" that wouldn't normally possible, your Pokémon will dodge 100% accurate moves, cure their own status conditions, and crit at a higher rate out of sheer will and love for you. It really is adorable and it adds a ton to the emotional experience of raising Pokémon, but I don't recommend doing it until the post-game. Especially for a Nuzlocke, the exp. buff is just too much to keep the challenge.

--

The destructor has gone

December 8, 2013 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

624 views - 0 comments
818 views - 4 comments