Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > Good News for Competitive X and Y

Tamoria

I'm a bit behind on my team too, but it's getting close! I've got three ready, two bred that need training, and one more that I'm about to start breeding for. Shouldn't take me long at all!

--

December 13, 2013 at 4:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Let's talk team reveal. Casey knows my team and I know Casey's. I'd like to let CJ in on the loop, too, and anyone else who may be interested in starting up a pioneering Gen 6 battle community with us.

I don't care about beating anyone just for the sake of winning; you're my friends, and the reason I prefer battling friends is so that it's more about the knowledge gained from the battle than the actual outcome (we can always host small tourneys if anyone desires a more competitive atmosphere from time to time). That attitude combined with the fact that team preview is now a part of the wifi game leaves me less concerned with maintaining secrecy than I would have been in 4th Gen.

I just want to know how far you guys want to go in disclosing information. Case and I both plan to use our teams for a little bit (all through the break, at least). But do we stop at revealing just the six Pokes we choose, or do we go all the way with EV spreads and movesets? Whatever level of disclosure you guys are happy with is good by me.

--

The destructor has gone

December 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Team disclosure is fine, I completely agree about the learning and fun of battling aspect now. I've chilled out a bunch since I was younger (at least reaguarding battling) so winning doesn't matter as much to me anymore.

That said, it might take away some of the fun if we disclose everything right away. Maybe we only talk moves and EV spreads until after a few battles a piece?

I have to be honest as well, I have maybe half a box of bred and EV trained Pokemon but nothing makes a cohesive team. I'm still a week or more away from a group of Pokemon with some synergy.

Truthfully finding synergy within my Pokemon is getting hard. There are just so many to think about! 

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

December 14, 2013 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Also if anyone wants a 5-6IV Modest Vulpix either with Flash Fire or Drought either male or female I have tons! I've been trying to breed a shiny for a friend and I have nearly a box full of perfect vulpix as a result.

--

Ask me about my waifus

December 14, 2013 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Also thinking about it this morning

Smogon quickbanned Deoxys N, Gengarite, and Kangaskanite. Is that something we will adhere to as well or are they on the table right now?

--

Ask me about my waifus

December 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Personally, I agree with all those bannings. However, I figured we'd ignore Mega Evolution altogether at the start of this process. Get some sort of foundation laid and then figure out where Megas fit in. There are some (namely the defensively-oriented ones) that I'm convinced won't be too OP'd to flow with the metagame, others (Gengar and Kangaskhan included) that I'm convinced will wreck it. But that's something I'd rather figure out a little later on.

My team is now fully bred and EV trained. Half of them are also trained up to have all the moves they need, the other half will probably take me the rest of the weekend. If Maison is kind to me and I'm able to grind up a set of basic battle items quickly, I should be ready to battle by Monday or Tuesday.

--

The destructor has gone

December 14, 2013 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

My first team is now officially ready. The items aren't ideal, mostly due to only having access to one Leftovers, but I wouldn't be ashamed to take this team to anyone as it is right now.

--

The destructor has gone

December 16, 2013 at 6:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I've got my trainer card set together too now. Once I can get ahold of a second Lefties I'm good to go.

--

Ask me about my waifus

December 16, 2013 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

This seems like a competitive Pokemon / update on life thread, so I thought I'd post here! 

I have beaten Pokemon Y, have the Ground Type (?) pokemon safari (haven't played in awhile) and was trying to catch some 5IV Dittos when I last played. My fiance beat Pokemon X, but I don't think she is too into competitive play. She is a shiny hunter, however. I could totally make a team though, seeing how easy it is now. I got a Wii U for christmas with the Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD controller / game, the new Legend of Zelda game, Diablo 3, and all of the Assassin's Creed games on Steam. I also nabbed the Borderlands 2 GotY edition on the steam sale for $15.

In my personal life update, seeing as I seem to give everyone an update every holiday season, I now have a wonderful Fiance who I proposed to on Christmas. Her name is Megan and she is going to graduate with a degree in Biology. I saw that Tam is also getting that degree and, just like Megan, is also struggling with what to do with it. A pretty crazy coiencidence, no? Last semester was supposed to be the last one, but I began struggling with seizures again and to a smaller degree, ADD. So, I have been diagnosed with generalized epilepsy and ADD, so that's neat. Nothing to worry about, of course. Both of the conditions are rather mild compared to what they could be. Next semester I should be graduating with my B.S. in Psychology and then will be going to a masters program for Social Working, since for some silly reason it is the best degree to go into Therapy with. It has been kind of a crazy few months, but I think it has been pretty awesome overall. Here's hoping to kick off the annual Pr Revival in style!

--

December 31, 2013 at 4:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Oh hey, awesome to hear from you again, Diddy! Haha, and it really does sound like your fiance and I would really get along.  I've been doing a ton of shiny hunting myself! And hey, if you've got Borderlands 2 on Steam, you should totally play some with me and Nick! 

Congrats on proposing, and good luck with the upcoming semester!!

--

January 2, 2014 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Yeah Diddy has come back! Awesome man, good to hear from you.

Just wanted to let the people interested in battling know that I have 4 leftovers and I can spare one possibly two if anyone else needs it to complete their team. 

So I am ready and willing to start battling.

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 6, 2014 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments