Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > Good News for Competitive X and Y

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Wifi level capping is back. This means no more grinding to level 100 after EV training your Pokémon. This means, with the infinite TM usage carried over from Black and White, raising competitive Pokémon without hacking is even easier than it was in 4th Gen. In addition, it appears Nature-passing with Everstone is now 100% effective, so even breeding good Pokémon from scratch is super easy. I'm only about halfway through the story in Y Version, and I haven't encountered EV-boosting items yet but I'm sure they're here. My whole point is competitive battling without cheating is easy again... No. It's easier than it ever has been.

Let's battle, y'all. I know Casey and I can start producing videos for the site the second we beat the game; I would love more battle partners in addition, though.

--

The destructor has gone

October 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

A month old? Well I can still post right. I'm sure you've found out the other goodies about breeding Pokemon by now so I won't elaborate but yes, breeding for competative play is super-duper easy. So much that even the hacking I used to do seems lengthy by comparison. 

So you've got a battler friend in me!

And hey, I know I get lost easy sometimes. Nick had to contact me through DA and I only logged into that because I needed to read a tutorial yesterday. If you guys have a tumblr follow me there phantommilkman.tumblr.com ! I'll still come by here but that is a good place for me too.

Anyway I look forward to talking to you guys again!

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

November 20, 2013 at 10:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

When your site peaks at 3 or 4 active users at any given time, there's no such thing as "necrothreading." Feel free to revive any and every post that interests you, no matter its age.

And yay new battling friend! Except you were pretty much my first battling friend so "new" probably isn't the right word. But still. I'll get right back to work on that competitive team, then. If I hurry up, maybe I can get it completely done before Thanksgiving holiday when hopefully we can all make time for at least a couple of battles! Arceus knows this site needs a fresh new battle vid or two.

I don't have a tumblr, but so many of my friends do I almost feel I have to at this point.

--

The destructor has gone

November 20, 2013 at 3:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

It is a nice social media site imo. You have to be preapred to handle the strong social justice activity and the hordes of screaming fangirls but if you can the world of creative sharing is wide open. 

Anyhow, I dunno how prepared I will be to battle you during Thanksgiving. I am competativly breeding but it is for taking on the Maison, I barely have any of the good items yet. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Hey, I just happened to be updating the homepage when you posted. I just today bred my first member; my plan is to take one team and stick with it until Bank and Transfer become available, where I can take some 4th and 5th Gen guys to bolster my roster. But yeah, Maison is pretty much the same old thing as always for getting good items, but at least it seems a little more friendly than the dreaded Battle Tower and Subway.

Anyway, I'm still going to push to have my first team done by Thanksgiving, but if you can't it's not a problem. It'll be semester's end in just a few more weeks, I'm sure we'll all have more time by then.

--

The destructor has gone

November 20, 2013 at 11:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I think my problem is that there are so many Pokemon at this point that I am having a hard time choosing what Pokemon to use anymore! That's not such a bad problem I suppose but it does make creating the initial team a challenge haha.

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 21, 2013 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I started with tried and true team anchors from previous Gens and filled in the holes with things that just seemed fun to use. My team has three Pokes I'm very familiar and comfortable with, and three things I've never used competitively before, two of which are 6th Gens.

--

The destructor has gone

November 22, 2013 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Welcome back, CJ. Good to see you still exist. I may see about starting up a competitive team at some point as well. I have recently discovered that I have far too many irons in the fire though.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

November 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Hey Calvin! How's the boat?

You guys should catch me up on what is happening in your lives independant of Pokemon haha. Here are some bullet points for me;

I'm about to graduate college with my Digital Art and Design Major. It is this December!

I just held my exit senior show and I'm exhausted from it. I had to frame and hang 13 pieces of my best work rigrously choosen through a 3 professor committee. I left it up for a week and just took it down last Wednesday. Whew! I'm putting the pieces up online soon though so people who couldn't make it can still see my work.

My girlfriend and I are still going strong and have been for the past two years. He name is Taylor, dunno if I ever have mentioned her before.

Speaking of, ,Taylor is interested in an Animation degree which is something not offered in Arkansas. If she's diligent I could be in Cali or Florida within a year (I'm hoping for Cali over Florida )

Still have most of the same interests as I always have, Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Animal Crossing. I'm still interested in working on videogames as a career but my options have opened up to different paths as well. Right now my current job is with a T-shirt design company. It is small time but I like the work and wouldn't be opposed to moving to a bigger and badder versioni of that in Cali. I've also considered Professoring.

I dunno if any of you still have my number or not but I'll happily send it to you in a message or other place not publicly available. You guys can text me or call me anytime.

Anyway what about you two? 

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 23, 2013 at 11:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Dang, you've been busy. I'm still in school, padding my transcript for a transfer that in all likelihood is never going to happen. My construction "career" is also put on hold until my recovery from upcoming shoulder surgery, but there's never much work in the winter anyway. I'm fortunate in that my family is willing to support me while all this goes down, but in a nutshell I'm basically going to be a useless lump for the next several months, even more so than usual.

Casey and I are still together, we're coming up on two years as well. With all my friends around here having left to go do bigger and better things, she's about my only source of fun these days, but we still have plenty of it. Lately we've been playing lots of Borderlands, both the first and second, and of course we still make time for the occasional Left 4 Dead campaign and Pokémon battle. A couple of weeks ago she flew up and we got to spend a nice weekend together in which she got me hooked on Final Fantasy XIII and Crystal Chronicles.

Classic literature has become a major hobby of mine as well, as has philosophy. As a result I now have way too many books on all sorts of topics that interest no one I know except for myself.

--

The destructor has gone

November 23, 2013 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I finished Nuke School in mid-march and am now an Electrician's Mate on the USS Ohio. I'm currently living in Washington state, across the bay from Seattle. I got married in February. I'm struggling to get qualified Submarines as well as qualifying in my job. In what little free time I have, I spend it either trying to unwind or, if I can get on my computer, play games and post stories. In particular, I was invited into the Elder Scrolls Online Beta for this weekend only, and today has been my only chance to play. While not bad, it's still pretty buggy and the story hasn't really engrossed me as of yet. It seems too similar to too many MMOs from a structural standpoint, and though you can find quests anywhere, they aren't really personal. At least not yet anyways. I'm still in the tutorial area (Bleakrock Isle for the Ebonheart Pact), so it may be different further along. Gameplay wise, they've taken the number buttons for powers thing that every MMO does, gotten rid of cooldowns and made it run purely on magicka or stamina. Dodging, blocking and attacking are all manual, which is interesting. First Person view leaves much to be desired, as due to constantly respawning enemies makes it difficult to see if something is coming up from behind you. Overall, I'm curious, but no longer super-psyched about it. However, I still love the Elder Scrolls series, so expect more Hrothstuck soon.

--

November 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Interesting to hear about ESO. I'd hoped that if anyone could break the MMO mold it'd be them, but it seems even they couldn't. I probably won't play it even if it turns out to be unbelievable, MMOs just aren't my thing, but I do like the franchise and I hate to see it take a misstep.

Also YES MOAR HROTHSTUCK

--

The destructor has gone

November 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Awesome, you stuck with Nuke School. That is a very pleasing to hear.

I have to admit, I wanted to play ESO myself for lore reasons but little else. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

So in the interest in competative battling in X&Y I've started breeding for 5V Pokemon and thought I would share with you my list of planned and completed projects. I figured if we all compile our work together we can quickly get some good Pokemon together and start battling.

So far I've breed 5v: Modest Vulpix w/Drought, Modest Larvesta, Adamant Fletchling w/gale Wings,Timid Oddish w/Chlorophyll, and Timid Exeggcute w/Chlorophyll

I'm currently breeding for a Jolly Tangela with Chlorophyll

From WonderTrading I happened to get lucky and recieve some Pokemon with their Hidden Ability or with some IVs already perfect. So here are the things I have a headstart on;

Adamant/Timid/Modest/Jolly Froakie w/Protean, Adamant/Modest/Jolly/Timid Pichu, Timid Lotad, Adamant Scyther w/Technician, Timid/Modest Gastly, Adamant Belly Drum + Aqua Jet Huge Power Marril, Adamant Contrary Inkay, Bold/Admant Gible with Rough Skin, Jolly Immunity Gligar, Adamant Tyrogue, Jolly Swinub, Modest/Sassy Gooey Goomy, Bold Chinchou, Timid Magician/Blaze Fennekin, Jolly Speed Boost Venepiede, Adamant Dlibur, Modest/Timid Espurr, Jolly Kangaskan, Admant Absol, Bold Solosis, Bold Klefki, Bold Stunfisk, Calm Blissey w/ Seismic Toss, Bold Chansey w/Seismic Toss and Admant Shuppet.

You are welcome to ask for an egg of the ones I alread have or are breeding. With the ones I have a Headstart on either ask to get one when I get to them or you are also welcome to take the Pokemon off my hands and give me a 5V Pokemon later when you breed them.

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Wow, that's a LOT of headstarts. I missed my deadline by a good bit, as my team is still only half bred and not at all trained.

I'm curious as to how you've gotten Seismic Toss Chansey, I thought that was a transfer-from-3rd-Gen thing exclusively, did they add a new way to give it to her this time?

--

The destructor has gone

November 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Yes you can breed Seismic Toss onto Chansey from Mankey now. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 28, 2013 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I apologise, I looked it up and you learn it through Chian Breeding from Mawile not Mankey.

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 29, 2013 at 8:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

That is AWESOME. I had just about given up on ever using S-Toss Blissey.

--

The destructor has gone

November 29, 2013 at 1:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Hey CJ, good to hear from you again! It's been quite a while! Glad things are going well in your life! 

Anyway, quick life update from me: I'm still studying biology, but I'm kinda losing focus of what I actually want to do with it. At least I am really enjoying it and I'm sure I'll find the right career path with it. As Nick mentioned, we're still together and it's going really nicely! 

Pokemon update: I've only really got one Pokemon ready, a couple I'm sitting on to EV train, and that's kind of it, I need to decide on my team already. This also marks the first time I'm really putting together, breeding, and training a team mostly on my own judgements, so it's anyone's guess as to how it will go. Not well, I'm sure, but it'll be nice to get the experience and make 'em better later on. I've also gotten the pokerus from a nice soul on tumblr so I can help spread that, and I've been wonder trading a good bit so I might have some nice stuff to offer there (I'm arewedancestor on tumblr btw, just followed you!). 

And seeing as we've never traded friend codes, mine is 3695-1264-9473! My friend safari type is ghosts, so hopefully that'll be helpful

As far as project plans go, I'm not sure. I've not been getting too much free time, so I don't want to commit to anything until I'm sure I can do it, but I've been tossing around the idea of narrating a run of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. It would be a light journal style thing, nothing too serious, more for fun than anything. So hopefully that will pan out and I can actually contribute something! In the meantime, I'll be glad to provide support, chat about whatever, and in general just try to be active on this site.

--

November 30, 2013 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

So, I'm actually pretty happy with how my party in Y is turning out. I just beat the second gym, and I've got a pretty sweet Nuzlocke going.

Hippopotas: Gentle, Sturdy Body with Sand Stream

Mawile: Naughty, Impestuous and Silly with Intimidate (looks to be fucking terrifying)

Furfrou: Lax, Hates to lose with Fur Coat (surprisingly effective thus far)

Floette: Quirky, Somewhat stubborn with Flower Veil

Charmeleon: Hasty, Sturdy body

Frogadier: Brave, Thouroughly cunning

I also had a few others, like Honedge, Meditite, Snorlax, Electrike and most recently a Golett. Should be interesting.

--

December 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments