Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Original Writings > Trapped

Xelakian

The sea is vast and endless. I am miles from anything resembling a home. Trapped in a broken metal tube, floating above the waves, for how long?

For weeks now I have served these strangers, strangers who care naught for me but to comment on my stupidity, my ignorance. I have served them all that they asked. I have cleaned the food from their plates, the dirt from beneath their feet. Still they demand more. I have spent long nights after longer days staring at dials and books, trying, desperately, to learn, that they be appeased by my knowledge. I have slept barely a wink, trying to prove myself as one of them. Still they are dissatisfied.

I spend what precious little time I have away from these strangers talking to my wife, to someone who cares for me, to someone who loves and misses me, who I love and miss. I receive no sympathy from the others in the tube. I try to appeal to their decency, their humanity, traits they apparently lack. Their only concern is their own sleep schedule, and unless I am doing something to supplement that then I am wrong.

Rumors stir in this enclosed environment. Schedules are modified and shifted. Something breaks and home is within sight. But not for me. Not until I am able to let the others sleep. Not until I am no longer a non-useful body.

The sea is vast and endless. I am miles from anything resembling home. Trapped in a broken metal tube, floating above the waves for too long.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

September 2, 2013 at 12:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Your mind is far too good to be squandered on the likes of the United States military, X.

Vast the sea may be, but it's far from endless. The end may not be in sight, but it does exist and you will find it. Until then, use this time to become even stronger, and I don't mean that in the way the fellows in your tube mean it. Pain is the greatest artistic fuel there is. The beautiful prose poem you posted here is proof of that. They may be burning you out now, but that doesn't mean you can't gather the embers and use them to ignite something even better.

Above all else, do not let them change you.

--

The destructor has gone

September 2, 2013 at 1:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Trapped is all I ever am. Trapped in this artificial circle of need, so carefully handcrafted to extract the most use out of children with more potential than they know what to do with. They tempt us with promises of riches and a future, of travel and knowledge. They deliver riches, on condition of continued obligation in an uncertain future, one that can't be guaranteed after we leave or even while we stay. A future that They decide without any regards to us. A future where we are used up until all that is left is a broken, soulless husk. They deliver travel, but in the belly of an ancient beast we must keep alive to continue our own existence. This is also where our knowledge comes from. The other prisoners will teach us, but begrudgingly. They want us to take their place, but don't want to do so with experience.

Trapped is all I ever am. Trapped with my fate controlled by people whom just a few years earlier I had held feelings of contempt for, whom I had considered rebelling against. These masters of lies who control the world in which I live, the world in which I swore my life to. Were these liars not so clumsy to knock the shroud off the masterful web of deceit they had woven so well, I might not have seen that they held the twisted strings of this puppet I had become. But now I see the strings and the shackles they have bound me with. I shall bide my time for now, for the bonds are still tight. But give them time. They will slacken, and then we might see who truly pulls whose strings.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

October 15, 2013 at 3:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

If ever I can assist you, X, you know how to contact me. Stay strong.

--

The destructor has gone

October 15, 2013 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments