Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Rumors Of My Return Were Greatly Exaggerated

Xelakian
So. In What Should Have Been Six Months, But Welcome To Life In The Navy, Right? In February I Got Married To The Girl I Despised In High School, And I'm Now In Washington, Across The Bay From Seattle. I'm Assigned To A Real Boat Now, So My Schedule Will Be Erratic At Best, So Don't Be Surprised If I Go Missing For Months At A Time. After Moving I Decided To Try Reinstalling Skyrim Only To Find Steam Failing To Work. As A Result, I've Been Playing A Lot Of Assassins Creed And Occasionally Oblivion. And Now That I'm No Longer The Elder Scrolls Minority, has Anyone Else Looked at Elder Scrolls Online? I'm Actually Super Excited For It. Also, My Apologies My Text Looks Like Kanayas. My Phone Apparently Hates Writing On This site.
--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

May 24, 2013 at 5:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I will admit, your update to >Be the other guy did get my hopes up quite a bit. Even with your crazy Navy life though, you are the only one who used to be active on this site who's even trying anymore, and you've been able to say that for better than a year now. For your effort to keep posting things to what I can only consider a failed attempt at an online community, I can never begrudge you for your absence no matter how prolonged it may be. Thank you for your time, friend, and I do hope you will keep trying.

Whatever became of the one I know as "Ninja4Hire," do you know? Battle the Beastmen was nothing less than inspired, and looked primed to compete with Diddy's Sapphire and Tamoria's SoulSilver as the greatest Nuzlocke narrations I'd ever read (and was certainly the most unique).

As for Steam, I trust you've tried uninstalling, deleting, and redownloading the program? It's strange to me to imagine Steam not working, I wonder what that could be...

Congrats on getting married, too. It's hard for me to wrap my head around all these people I went to high school with going and starting families...

--

The destructor has gone

May 24, 2013 at 11:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Ninja Is Still In Training, Last I heard. I Can Send Him A text, Asking Him To Rejoin And What Not. I Kinda Found My Copy Of LG again, And Am Working On getting Some Inspiration For, If Not A Nuzlocke, At Least An Interesting story. if I'm Going To continue My White 2 Run, I'll Need To Restart My Game.
--

May 24, 2013 at 1:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

If time to post is short for you, do you at least have time to read? Tamoria and I have gotten a pretty good ways into our BW2 Collab Nuzlocke, but haven't gotten started on the story yet because we've had no one to hear our tale. After we finish that, I'm also interested in doing a White 2 Challenge Mode run, possibly a Nuzlocke, if I can gather the gumption.

I'd love it if you could text Ninja, and Nuzlocke or no, you know I'd love a new story from you.

--

The destructor has gone

May 24, 2013 at 2:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I have plenty of time to read now. As long as things are posted, as long as things are read, as long as we maintain activity, this site shall not die. We need more people though. We cannot do it with just us three.

--

May 24, 2013 at 8:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Steam is now working for me again. Rejoice!

--

May 25, 2013 at 12:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Well said. Unfortunately, all I can really do is try to bring back those who have already been here. Most of them I can contact through DeviantArt, maybe we can get a small comeback going here again? For the seventh or eighth time now...

Rejoice indeed! Does this mean positive things for >Be the other guy or, dare I mention, Hrothstuck? The occasional zombie-killing night perhaps?

--

The destructor has gone

May 25, 2013 at 3:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Wow yeah I definitely read those first couple of posts in Kanaya's voice, that was pretty special. And congratulations on your marriage, I am so happy for the both of you!

And again, just welcome back! I'm glad to be able to come back to this site! 

--

May 27, 2013 at 2:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Good lord X, I just saw this thread has over 2000 views. We're getting a shitton of traffic from somewhere.

I like to think that over the past two years this site has gained a secret cult following of lurkers. Still, man, the numbers say at least SOME of them have to start being active... I'll be the first to tell you I'm an amateur admin, but this perplexes me.

--

The destructor has gone

August 3, 2013 at 12:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

2000 views is a hell of a lot. Like more than any other thing I've posted here. The only things on this site in that same ballpark are the things you've made. This is strange indeed.

Cult followers, we know you're watching. We know you're reading. Cease this lurking and come out of the dark. We have cookies.

--

August 4, 2013 at 1:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments