Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > All I want for Christmas...

B "Diddy" M

Is exactly what I recieved! More so in fact. I got Black 2 AND Pokemon Conquest so now I feel more up to date with everyone here. I'm currently in Driftviel City (Just got my 5th badge) and am riding the magnemite train like a mad man. I only played Pokemon Conquest for a few hours but that is also extremely fun.

On a side note, I also got Halo 4, the Bordlerlands 2 (xbox360) season pass and the God of War Saga. I don't know if ya'll dabble in such things, but hit me up if ya'll ever want to play!

I'm so thankful ;_;

--

December 30, 2012 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I really like PokeConquest.  It is one of my favorite Pokemon games released in a long while.  Of course, that doesn't mean I have played it recently.  Because I haven't.  Takes too long to grind up link %s...and I really want that Umbreon.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

December 30, 2012 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I actually finished my story campaign with my Eevee... I wanted an Umbreon too, never got the Link up high enough though. I also wanted to make my Dusclops a Dusknoir, but the merchant guy never showed up for me to buy the Reaper Cloth. And I think I read somewhere that your player character doesn't go back under your control until you beat every other aftergame campaign? So, yeah. I haven't touched that yet. I almost want to just restart my game... But I digress, aside from the frustrations of not raising what I wanted to, it is an excellent game.

--

The destructor has gone

December 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I wish I had more free time so I could play both. I have been focusing on Black 2, however. Between that and Halo 4, I haven't done any other gaming.

I'm very close to Badge number 7! I'm saved right outside of route 13 which, despite it being the "longest road" yet, I believe I'll blow through sometime today. Honestly, I probably would have beaten the game already if I hadn't been so focused on the join avenue. Spent about 30 minutes getting 16 trades last night... So addicting.

That being said, what is the competitive look for everyone? I know CJ / Nick have pokemon ready to go, but how about everyone else?

Also, I don't know if you knew this yet or not Nick, but if you link with a Black 2 version that has Challenge Mode, you can get it on White 2. Same goes for the key you can get to unlock Regice / Registeel. Its through the Unova Link (I believe) so I don't know if it can be done via wifi or not.

--

January 1, 2013 at 12:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Cool, what does your team look like so far?

Casey has about 20 guys, I think? They're a nice and diverse mix, enough to compete with anyone, certainly. I have about 50, but about half of those are lolbad, so pragmatically I'm in the same shape as her.

I did know that, and I happen to be playing through Black 2 now for an unrelated endeavor...

--

The destructor has gone

January 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

Right now I have a lvl 40 Stoutland, a 40 Arcanine, a 40 Samurott, a 40 Ampharos, and a 41 Heracross. I had a Lucario in my party (level 30) but dropped him after I figured out what a sweet pokemon Heracross is. The 6th slot is currently Sigilyph (lvl 19), but that is only cause I like having a pokemon with fly.

Currently, my Join Avenue has 3 Dojos, so once I beat the E4, I should technically be able to jump into competitive pretty quickly. Already planning out my team in fact. Here's hoping I can surprise you all with it  ;)

--

January 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

You know, I haven't built *A* team in awhile; for my entire competitive career I've focused on building up a pool of Pokes and selecting from them pre-battle. I think I'll do one too.

Maybe a few of us could get together with one team each, and do a "team reveal" like in the good old days, followed by a little battle series?

--

The destructor has gone

January 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Mm, almost like making a team to be known for. That could be fun!

I didn't get much in the way of games here. Just Pokemon Conquest, which I have already beaten. The game is fun, if a bit slow. I have to agree that training link is time consuming and boring.

I ended up with a Vaporeon, thing rocked. Didn't even loose it in the battle with Nobunaga.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

January 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Jolteon was pretty awesome too.  Really want to try out Umbreon though.  

--

January 2, 2013 at 9:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Know what the move is for Umbreon? Cruch I'd wager, but just curious.

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 2, 2013 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I know nothing about umbreon other then I want him and its difficult as hell to grind him out.

--

January 3, 2013 at 12:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Umbreon's move is Assurance. [Source]

So have we got three in on the whole building a single 5th Gen team thing?

--

The destructor has gone

January 3, 2013 at 2:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Hehe "grind him out."

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I just got the 8th gym badge last night so i anticipate "beating" the game today and going back to complete the pokedex / train up a team so... short answer is yes, I'm in on building a team.

Also, can the main dude use a pokemon that *isn't* Eevee? I mean, I love the thing but if I can have a Charmander....

--

January 3, 2013 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Yeah, I did the second half with a Dusclops linked to my guy. You can befriend up to 6, so that's 5 links aside from Eevee your character can have. That applies to every Warrior, too.

So for this team, we're just going with a banned list of Smogon Ubers, I guess? If so, please tell me no one wants to use Latios...

--

The destructor has gone

January 3, 2013 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I don't want to use Latios for sure. Really I kinda miss matches being a bit slower when it wanst all about being super fast and hitting super hard. You know, Gen 4 stuff.

Oh and the possibility of having a Stall team. I miss that too.

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Cecil-Jacobs at January 3, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I don't want to use Latios for sure. Really I kinda miss matches being a bit slower when it wanst all about being super fast and hitting super hard. You know, Gen 4 stuff.

Oh and the possibility of having a Stall team. I miss that too.

*^*THIS. And in fairness, I think Latios is largely responsible for this. I'd be very curious to see if with him gone, if the game reverts back to, if not its old self, at least back to a world where stall was actually possible. I hypothesize we would see a shift with just one simple ban; every argument Smogon used in 2010 to ban Salamence, save the physical/special element (although Latios can DD...), applies to Latios, and more drastically at that. He has no true counter, you can pretty much only avoid losing a Poke to kill Specs Latios with a Draco Meteor miss, and if they thought Mence "overcentralized" things? Latios has basically killed this entire thing called "defense," don't know if you've heard of it. I find it asinine he's still around.

--

The destructor has gone

January 3, 2013 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I'm a bit behind in the current metagame unfortunately, atll the battlers I am subscribed to on youtube have stopped uploading. good battlers with good commentary too so I could actually stand to listen to them.

So that said I do know stats well enough to believe what you are saying. Latios is pretty monsterous. It's like the only way to survive in this new metagame is to be really extreame (this sounds familiar to something irl too), either extreamly bulky or extreamly fast. Blissey could talk a Specs Draco Meteor no? Not that it would survive the switch. But what else could do that?
You know what the metgame really needs to make them think twice? A Sp.Defensive levatating steel type. Like Skarmory but Sp.Defense.

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Well, the fact that we all seem to be in agreement over the Legendary dragon makes me feel much better. So I don't have to build this entire team around countering him... I'm looking forward very much to seeing us play some defense in 5th Gen.

Ferrothorn almost gave us such a Steel type, though he doesn't Levitate. But I do hear Special Skarm is pretty nice these days.

--

The destructor has gone

January 5, 2013 at 4:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments