Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Video Games (Miscellaneous) > Thomas Was Alone

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

According to my Steam list, none of you have played this game yet. You all really should give it a look.

It's an indie minimalist platformer that involves controlling a team of artificial intelligences, represented by various quadrilateral shapes, through 110 short levels/tests. It has a storyline the depth of which is belied by its appearance and concept; the story gripped me, and it will you, too, if you'll let it.

The game is crazy short, and pretty easy. As in I 100%-ed the whole game in 4 hours of gameplay. And by that I mean I got all the achievements and everything, with no outside assistance whatsoever, completely blind all the way through. I would have loved for it to have been about twice as long, and just a little more difficult, but especially when you consider it's an indie title, you can't blame it for being anything other than what it is: an absolute delight to play, even if that delight is somewhat short-lived.

This won't be your next obsession; it's more of a great way to spend a lonely evening or two. Because of this and this alone, I'm not sure if it's worth the $10 it's usually listed at. However, I definitely think it's worth the $5 it will be selling for from now until January 5th. Also, if this is your sort of thing, both the music and the narration are absolutely fantastic. These two things make the game as much as the excellent gameplay and charmingly minimalistic graphics. Basically, I think everyone should play this game.

--

The destructor has gone

December 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Assuming I ever get the time to play, I might check it out. This is the first time in the last few weeks I've been on my computer for more than five minutes...luckily though, that should be changing. Also, I found my old copy of Leaf Green. Unfortunately, a new game was started on it. Xerxes Lawful Good Run is no more...

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

January 3, 2013 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wow. That legitimately makes me sad to hear. That run was right up there with Lemur's Ruby and Diddy's Sapphire as my favorite runs to follow.

--

The destructor has gone

January 3, 2013 at 4:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments