Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > So, what's up?

Mitsuo-Dexl

A marginally uninteresting question, to be sure. A lot of things have happened lately, and I am just now truly getting an online presence back ANYWHERE. I have dropped out of college for at least one semester, I have dealt with my girlfriend of 4 years leaving me, and a whole metric crap-ton of self-realizations and improvements. These past few months have been volatile at best, and one hell of a rollercoaster ride

But beyond that, things have been good, and now that I feel I am able, I am gonna repair my online presence. Several other sites I just dropped off the map on...which sucks, because I'm sure I offended a lot of people by doing so. At any rate, what's done is done, and I am here. So tell me guys...what games have you been playing?

For me, its been XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Far Cry 3, Dragon Age 2 (don't ask why), and Guild Wars 2. I would personally recomend all except DA2 to you guys. Don't play DA2. Just...don't.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

December 16, 2012 at 3:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

You had that bad of a time and are punishing yourself with DA2? Times are hard.

Dunno what to tell you that I haven't already. That's still rough to be sure.

Mostly been playing Pokemon and Mass Effect, with a little bit of Minecraft added in. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

December 16, 2012 at 5:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Sorry to hear about all of that =/ My gaming life has been pretty spastic lately. Raising and training things in Black 2, a LeafGreen Nuzlocke that is now on the verge of completion, Left 4 Dead 2, spread out between my Steam friends and my Xbox Live friends, a Borderlands run with Casey, a Borderlands 2 run alone, and finally playing Super Mario Galaxy 2. Oh, and Scribblenauts Unlimited on 3DS.

--

The destructor has gone

December 16, 2012 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I have been wanting to try out the new Scribblenauts.  Is it any good?

I didn't like Borderlands 2 as much as 1, which is sad, because BL2 is a superior game in general to 1.  Don't know how that statement makes much sense.  But it does.  In my head.

--

December 16, 2012 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

No I agree completely. As a game BL2 plays better, but BL is much more fun. I don't know exactly what it was about BL2 but I had no fun playing it with my friend. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

December 17, 2012 at 10:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

If you liked the other Scribblenauts games, this one is an improvement. You "beat the game" very quickly, but if you choose to do everything, there's a lot to keep you busy. One change they desperately needed was that Maxwell now moves with the control pad/stick instead of the stylus, so you'll no longer accidentally walk when you just want to pick something up. It's very good, I think.

I agree about Borderlands, too. I just like the atmosphere of the first game better. One thing I didn't like about BL2 is that the beginning is too damn slow. It took forever for me to start enjoying myself. Also, Handsome Jack is too annoying to be an effective antagonist, in my opinion. I spent most of the game ignoring his taunts, and when I finally found out what he was really all about, I just didn't care. Granted, I haven't finished yet... I'm currently trying to motivate myself to get through the Eridium Blight, that's just a tremendously blah area to me... but as of now, I'm largely apathetic to the main story. Not that I cared much more about the original Borderlands story, I guess I just liked the "you are a pirate" motivation more than this one.

--

The destructor has gone

December 17, 2012 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Glad I am not the only one who felt that way about Borderlands 2.  It is admittedly more fun with friends, but even that fun is created by the friends themselves and not the game...for instance, me and my roommate play, and since I am playing Gaige, we have this running joke about how her robot hates snipers.   If you haven't done XCOM, I would suggest it.  I have considered doing a "Nuzlocke" of the game at some point.  I could journal the happenings here.

--

December 17, 2012 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I would be very interested to see how this goes. What, if ever you die, you "kill" all the weapons you had equipped, no matter how sweet they were? Or just the one you were using at the time of your death? That would be very interesting, although you'd have to keep thorough posts of your loot. Screencaps/pictures, ideally.

Speaking of, I think my next solo Nuzlocke will be largely visually-aided. If you've ever read that famous run of that god-awful Ruby hack where the kid redid all the Pokemon and everything, I'm thinking along those lines. Lots of screencaps, each with a 2-3 line description. I have a very nice DS emulator now, and I've been thinking of running Platinum or HeartGold.

--

The destructor has gone

December 17, 2012 at 11:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

That could be cool. I don't know the Nuz you speak of but I think it could be fun to see.

I feel like I should be doing a Nuzlocke now. Or doing something for the site.

--

Ask me about my waifus

December 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

X actually linked to it like a year ago... Ah! Here it is. Then click the elipses in X's first post to find the run.

Just your posts are enough. Do a run only if you feel like it. Forced runs are the worst.

--

The destructor has gone

December 17, 2012 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I think I am just unsure what to do with myself now that I have nothing I absolutely must do or create. o/

EDIT: Oh god, this Nuz looks bad. And I have played some bad ROM hacks in my time (Literally every Pokemon ROM hack I have ever played is bad. We were hating on Hoenn back on the PWT Post but damn Hoenn is a 10/10 compared to Pokemon ROM hacks)

--

Ask me about my waifus

December 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Can you post pictures on this website?  Easily, that is?  And since I don't think this site likes Opera, I have having trouble typing more then one paragraph.

--

December 17, 2012 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

The hack is bad, but the LP is so, so good. It isn't a Nuz though, just a normal run. As normal as a run of that hack can be, anyway.

Well, if you're using Opera, I wouldn't know for sure. The site also doesn't much seem to like Macs, either. It seems most users can just copy/paste photos into the reply box, but when I do that, no one can see it, no matter which browser I use. If the picture's on the internet somewhere, it's no problem; I can just paste the hyperlink using the little photo icon up there. So what I'll probably do for this is post my screencaps on Flickr and then link them to a forum post here. That would be what I'd suggest you try for Opera, too.

--

The destructor has gone

December 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I personally have been playing a lot of League of Legends and Mass Effect. I recently started White again, but thats kind of a side project. I got really far in Xcom but I have hit a brick wall in terms of progress. Those Psionic Commanders keep controlling my freaking snipers. Plasma Double Taps *destroy* my party.

I'm also sorry to hear the troubles everyone is/have gone through lately. Here's hoping for a brighter future for us individually, and here on PR!

--

December 18, 2012 at 3:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I always end up hitting a brick wall sometime before I get to psionics.  usually what happens is I get screwed over really badly in a Terror Mission, end up with a a team of Rookies, and from there on out get my ass handed to me until I give up.

--

December 18, 2012 at 4:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments