Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Video Games (Miscellaneous) > Olympic Biathlon: The Game

Vesicant Lemur

Yes, they finally made this wonderful olympic event into a video game! But for some reason, they decided to call it Tribes: Ascension.

The basic premise:

1. Take Tony Hawk

2. Clone him between 15-31 times.

3. Give each of them a jetpack, frictionless boots and a gun that launches explosive skeet discs.

4. Enjoy the slip-n-slide explodey clusterfuck.

It's free to play on Steam. 

If you are intrigued, download it, add me on Steam (azrael1583) and KILL THE FUCKING FLAG CARRIER! That dude is just sliding all over the place. Goddamn, how do you even go that fast?

But seriously, kill that douche.

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

October 29, 2012 at 1:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Goddammit Lemur, stop making me want Windows-only games. Thanks to Wine Bottler, I CAN actually run non-Mac converts, but Steam won't recognize them, so no online play for me.

On this note though, I would like to mention Worms Reloaded. I don't have the game myself, it's kind of a steep 20 bucks and I'm waiting for it to go on sale, but I watched some Left 4 Dead 2 pros give it a shot a few months back and it looked absolutely hilarious.

If any of you have it or want it now, I'll get it to play it with you, otherwise I'll get it as soon as it goes on sale. But when it does, I've gotta get some of you guys to play it with me.

EDIT: Also, I just noticed, Left 4 Dead 2 is on a special Halloween sale for FIVE DOLLARS. If you don't have it and your computer is capable of running it, GET IT. GET IT NAOW. I will play it with you, and I'm sure the Lemur will as well. Speaking of, Lemur, we need to play again soon.

EDIT EDIT: And Plants vs. Zombies is an insanely low $2.49, seriously, get this game if you do not have it. Virtually any computer made in the last decade can run it, and you WILL get more than three dollars' worth of enjoyment out of it.

Alright, I'm done plugging Steam games now.

--

The destructor has gone

October 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

Dude, that sucks. I'm pretty sure there's some way to run dual-boot with a Mac. Then it's just a matter of getting a copy of the OS.

Worms is that one game that has been in my peripheral vision for almost as long as I've been a PC gamer that always looked interesting, but I just never tried it out for whatever reason. Maybe when I have disposable income again, I'll try it out.

I'm totally down for some zombie killing. Pretty much whenever, my classes don't take up too much of my time.

And thanks for the heads up on Plants vs Zombies. The internet raved about it for the longest time, but I never bothered with, simliar to Worms I suppose. But at $3, even I have enough money to get it.

--

October 29, 2012 at 4:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

The bad thing is that Mountain Lion overcomplicated everything. Like now, you probably see me spactically going in and out of L4D2? That's me trying to get a PS3 controller to work. My old 360 controller driver is causing a total system crash with Mountain Lion, and the guy who made it seems to be inactive now. Macs have a built-in PS3 driver, which works great except L4D2 only recognizes half of the joystick directions. Right now, I can move forward and left, and I can look up and left. Any clue how to fix this? Other than to get good with the mouse and keyboard, which is what I'm about to just give in and do.

EDIT: lol nevermind. Fixed it.

--

The destructor has gone

October 29, 2012 at 4:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Never mind all ^that. I fixed it! ^.^ I, too, am now down for some zombie killing pretty much whenever. Although Lemur, do you have Skype? I have voice disabled for Left 4 Dead 2; my girlfriend was having severe problems with Steam's voice chat, but on Skype she comes through clear as a bell. So since discovering that, I just always use a Skype call while playing. Helps avoid trolls that way, too.

Also, here is the vid I was referring to of those guys playing Worms Reloaded. It's probably the best advertising there is for the game, it makes me want in, badly.

--

The destructor has gone

October 29, 2012 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

Yeah, have Skype. Username's azrael1583 on there as well.
Imma have to redownload L4D (however long that decides to take), but I'll be ready after that.

--

October 29, 2012 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Works for me, I'm currently redownloading both Portal games, so my computer will be tied down for the next couple of days as well. I've downloaded it three times now, and in my experience, L4D2 takes anywhere between 20 hours and 36, depending on how your connection/their servers are feeling that day.

Also, I just added you to Skype.

EDIT: (Damn I'm editing a lot today) lol, Either I have the best Internet connection in America or Steam's eastimates are way too pessimistic (it's the latter), but I'll have Portal 2 done by the end of the night. I'm pretty much free to play L4D with you whenever, then. I'm usually not on Skype unless I'm actually going to call someone, so tell me on here or on G+ if you want to play. I'll try and get Casey to play soon too, she really enjoyed playing with you.

--

The destructor has gone

October 29, 2012 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

624 views - 0 comments
818 views - 4 comments