Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > X's Coronation

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Today, I start a new tradition.

As some of you may recall, back in early 2011, Xelakian started his first ever Nuzlocke run, of LeafGreen Version. During this run, he encountered a shiny Meowth. It was not his first encounter in the area. The Rules clearly prohibited its capture.

I have been in this position. I found a shiny Shroomish in my first attempt to Nuzlocke Emerald. I caught it illegally, deeming the run over and restarting the game as soon as I transferred it. Tamoria found a shiny Magmar in her SoulSilver Nuzlocke. She caught it and never used it, continuing the run.

Both of these reactions are, in my view, acceptable. Most who play Nuzlocke view this 1 in 8,192 chance as the sole exception to The Rules, the one thing so rare that it can be overlooked.

Xelakian is a unique man, however. He did not capture this Meowth. He did not attempt to capture this Meowth. He killed this Meowth and continued his run.

To you, Xelakian, I award the PR Medal of Integrity, for an act above and beyond what was expected of you as a Nuzlocke player. I'm sorry this is such a late award, but well, I just came up with the idea. Feel free to put your medal in your signature, or otherwise display it somewhere nice:

medalofintegrity

I think I may do this in the future, too, if a medal is ever warranted again. Anytime a member does anything unbelievably incredible, basically, deserving of a medal, I'll make them one. I shall be ineligible for medals, because come on, making myself a medal is just silly.

Congratulations again, X.

--

The destructor has gone

July 10, 2012 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Thank you, Sir Nick. Your timing is impeccable, by the way, as I have just posted an update to my run. Another will be posted tomorrow morning, as I'm trying to limit the posts to about once a day.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

July 10, 2012 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

You can add me to the list of men that, while on a Nuzlocke  I ran into a Shiny and caught it illegally.

Happened 4 times I think? A Geodude in FireRed, a Cottonee in White, and a Herider and Liepard in the same Black game.

Slow clap for you Sir X. You are stronger than I.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

July 10, 2012 at 11:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Dang man, seriously, just, all of my respect for that. There is no way I could ever pass up a shiny, as proven by my fabulously pink Magmar in my Nuzlocke.

And CJ, HOW. GIVE ME SOME OF YOUR LUCK, MAN.

--

July 20, 2012 at 1:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I have no idea how it happened.

But man was I glad it did. Gave the Herdier to my Sis for Christmas.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

July 20, 2012 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments