Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > BATTLE NIGHT!!!! 6

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Considering the activity on the site lately, I think another BATTLE NIGHT!!!! is only fitting. I am loosely planning one for the weekend of the 20th and 21st of this month; the exact day to be determined by the schedules of our participants. I don't want to wait that long, but I won't be around this weekend, and there's no way I'm missing this.

For those who've never attended one of these, basically, BATTLE NIGHT!!!! is any weekend night, usually starting at about 9:00pm CDT, in which PR members meet at our tinychat page (link featured prominently on the home page) in order to chat and watch streamed Pokemon battles. Assuming CJ and Diddy will both be available, and I know myself and Tamoria will be there, this accounts for all four of PR's active competitive battlers. If each of us plays the other once, that's 6 different matchups if we feel up to it (we may need to start a little early if we want that to happen).

However, don't feel like you have to be a competitive battler to participate! Most of us have non-competitively geared Pokemon available for a casual battle if you'd like, and even if you don't want to battle, all of our matches will be streamed live in the chatroom, so anyone can show up just to watch!

If Pokemon battling isn't your thing, and you like to play games on Steam, we can also meet for a game or two of L4D2 online after all the battles have been completed! I think Diddy streamed this once, but I'm not sure I have the capability to do this myself, so it'll be up to him if that happens, so this will probably be a when-everyone-else-leaves kind of thing.

Please post in this thread if you plan to attend, and if so, if you know you can't make it on either the 20th or 21st. Also, if you plan to battle, please say that as well, and whether you're interested in playing 4th or 5th Gen, and whether you want to play seriously or casually (this will allow us to go ahead and plan matchups). Also please check to ensure that you will have access to a wifi connection that will allow you to get online with whichever Pokemon game you plan to use (4th Gen games are real picky, 5th works with more encryptions. Also, having a DSi or later model helps). If you're interested in joining the afterparty L4D2 game, mention that as well. Also list your Steam ID so other members can go ahead and add you. Finally, if anyone else wants to stream something else for us to watch (for example, last year, I tried a Super Mario World no-death run and streamed it), mention that as well!

For all the talk about the activities, I want to make sure you understand that even if you don't want to battle or kill zombies, I want you to come! The conversation is the chat is just as important to the life of the party as the battles are, and I can honestly say there's no one on here who I don't hope can attend. I hope to see as many of you as possible two weekends from now!

--

The destructor has gone

July 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I'd probably be fine with either day as of right now, although Friday would probably be more optimal. If I can figure out how to get friend codes working on White, I'd be willing to battle someone with my Nuzlocke team. I'm gonna be loaning Soul Silver to a friend so he can try Nuzlocke, and I've been ignoring Platinum recently. Honestly, after getting halfway through White, I have to say that even though I'm not a fan of the BW story, the gameplay is great as always and after trying them out, I actually do like the new Pokemon.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

July 9, 2012 at 10:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Alright I'm down. Either day works for me. I'll do 4th and 5th Competative and Non. Although I'd probably make a tougher non-competative battler than most. (I'd just use a Nuzlocke or Monotype team for a Non-competative battle).

Alas, I don't own Steam so that won't work. Really I don't have any multiplayers games on my TV but if you ever wanted me to stream some old-ass games like King's Quest 1-3 or Fallout 1 & 2 I could. xD

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

July 9, 2012 at 10:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

BTW, semi-related, found this and thought of Apokelypse Now.

--

July 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I will be there, but I won't be participating in the games.  I don't own L4D2, though I would join in on that if I could.  I'm not interested much into Competitive battling with Pokes, so I'm out on that as well.  But I will be there for conversations sake.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

July 10, 2012 at 2:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Friday is more optimal for me as well, so we'll go with that for now.

X, on my Black, I have Hideki's LeafGreen Nuzlocke team, as well as Harmony's Pearl team and replicas of her Crystal team that CJ made for me (thanks again for those, by the way). Since I allowed legendaries, I can probably combine her two teams somehow to make more fair teams. Also, we'll wanna decide on level caps since 5th is just a pain like that.

CJ, I'd be happy to have a competitive battle in either or both Generations with you. I have to admit, a year later and I still have no clue what I'm doing in 5th, but I do have a full box of lv.100s I've trained myself now. Whether or not they're any good is another matter entirely, however...

And Mitsuo, I'd be glad to have you around just for conversation's sake.

--

The destructor has gone

July 10, 2012 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Doens't matter to me what we do. I'm going to be out of practice no matter what we do.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

July 10, 2012 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Honestly, I'd like to battle you in both games, if time will allow. And don't worry about the rust; save one battle with Diddy right before Christmas, Tamoria has been my only opponent in the past year.

I have a few new things in 4th, but I've finally retired from breeding new Pokes there. And of course, it's all new in 5th. I haven't followed the Smogon/YouTube metagame at all, so I have no idea what's "hip" at all.

--

The destructor has gone

July 10, 2012 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I've explored Smogon a little, mostly to learn about what certain mons are good for, their niche, why a move is used at all, etc. I've been discovering the terror that is Pursuit in my current Nuzlocke. Seriously, Unova hates Psychic.

--

July 10, 2012 at 11:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Smogon is a wonderful resource, just please take care not to worship them as deities. That's what got competitive battling into this mess it's in now...

Huh, I don't guess I recall having much of a problem with Pursuit. But, my maiden Black is still my only Unova run, and my only Psychic was Victini, so I can't really say. I really should Nuz White myself.

--

The destructor has gone

July 11, 2012 at 8:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

This is this Friday, guys, don't forget!

--

The destructor has gone

July 17, 2012 at 1:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Right, well, this should be awesome! And just so everyone knows where I stand, I'm prepared for a competitive battle in 4th gen, and while I'm no where near really being used to 5th, I do have a team or two I can use for it. I'm also more than happy for some non-competitive battles in either gen! My SS Nuzlocke team is always up for a match, with the reminder that some Pokes might be taken out of the RIP box to avoid spoilers. Or even my Emerald Nuzlocke team, why not.

--

July 20, 2012 at 2:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I might consider taking some dead Pokes out myself if we're doing battles with Nuzlockes. I don't think I'll be able to do the E4 tonight, as I still have about 5 levels for all of them. I did a practice run, just for the hell of it, and Shauntal slaughtered my team.

--

July 20, 2012 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Just a reminder that this is going on right now!

http://tinychat.com/prbattlenight

--

July 20, 2012 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments