Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Xelakian's W (Weird) Nuzlocke Run

GlowingGardevoir

mmmm i dont know how much cobalion will help you to be honest. Yeah teach it Giga impact and keep sacred sword and iron head. yet for the final move you can tach him hyper beam also, have him as your ko machine. cause he wont do you much good except against Grimsley...

--

July 19, 2012 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Ah damn, I really hate that about Coldstone...

Totally disagree about Cobalion, though. As valuable as Fighting is, he'll be a huge asset. Besides, with your Ice user gone, you'll need SOME way to deal with that Hydreigon.

Cobalion-

Iron Head

Sacred Sword

Swords Dance

Quick Attack (Don't laugh; I only beat Ghetsis during my blind run because my Samurott knew Aqua Jet. You never know when priority will come in handy, and with a Swords Dance or two, it'll seriously hurt anything that doesn't resist it)

--

The destructor has gone

July 19, 2012 at 9:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Aw man, sorry you had to lose a Poke at this point in the game, that is the worst!

Just caught up with you Nuz here, sorry for having disappeared there, and wow I gotta say I am really loving how you're telling this story! And wow, the way you incorporate the Dream World is just incredible!

You've pulled together quite an interesting team here, looking forward to seeing how they handle the E4 and the battles after. Good luck!

--

July 20, 2012 at 1:31 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Day 13.

I enter the cave of Victory Road and immediately find myself swarmed by Durants. I have Big Daddy fight them off as we make our way up. I catch one, naming it Darkleer. Further on, I find a lone trainer. I challenge him to a fight, thinking he'll be good practice for Coldstone. He sends out a Stoutland. Should be interesting, I think. After exchanging a few blows, Coldstone is ready to destroy Stoutland. His is faster. He gets off a Reversal at barely any HP left, destroying Coldstone. I switch to Big Daddy who proceeds to annihilate his team. It's too late in my journey to lose another companion. I fly away from this mountain of death to contemplate what to do.

I decide to visit home once more, and discover a watery route nearby. I explore it, defeating trainers with ease, eventually finding some useful items and a Scraggy who I name Meenah. After a few hours I decide what to do. I withdraw Cobalion, changing its name to Inigo and seek to avenge Coldstones death.

With Inigo by my side, I ascend the Victory Road, eventually reaching the peak, where the Pokemon League is. It's nothing like on TV, where there's a great arena, packed with trainers. It's desolate up here on the mountain. Nobody comes here save those who've faced the trials that would make them worthy of a being called the Champion. It's truly a sobering place.

I know this is my destiny.

New Arrivals:

Durant (Darkleer) - Male, Lonely, Often dozes off

Scraggy (Meenah) - Female, Jolly, Scatters things often

Losses:

Coldstone. Data will be posted later.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

July 21, 2012 at 1:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

RIP Coldstone.

May Inigo wax those sons of bitches.

--

The destructor has gone

July 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

As far as Dream World stuff goes, I got a Voltorb which...might be good? It wasn't my first choice, but DW was crapping out on me constantly. It would definitely fill the electric void in my team, as well as anti-water. Also, between Aftermath and possible Explosion, I might be able to sacrifice-kill Ghetsis' dragon, if need be...I'm not sure though.

--

July 21, 2012 at 2:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

So, some notes. I taught Calmasis Hyper Beam to replace the low powered HP Ground. I figure that between his bulk and Special Attack, he's probably one of the best choices for it, and it fills in most of his offensive gaps, the only remaining one being Steel types, which I figure are more Big Daddy and Inigo's problems. Also, Eridan has the opportunity to learn either Brave Bird or (if I get him to L55) Hurricane. They both do significant STAB damage but at the price of recoil and accuracy respectively. The former might be able to be dealt with by Roost, the latter by The Miles' Rain Dance. However, these are both big ifs, and I'm wondering if it might just be better to keep the utilitarian Fly.

--

July 22, 2012 at 7:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Stick with Fly, especially if you pair it with Toxic and Roost. If you're trying to Toxic stall but you don't need to heal, just Fly up and it kills two turns, only one of which has potential for you taking damage. That's actually one of Articuno's best competitive strats, so surely it'll work for a Swanna too.

--

The destructor has gone

July 22, 2012 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Time for some good news. Pyralspite evolved, and her stats got a massive boost. She's only slightly slower than Eridan and Inigo now, and her Attack stat has skyrocketed from on par with Big Daddy's to far outclassing his.

--

July 22, 2012 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Yep. Haxorus ain't nothin' to play with. Its base attack is on par with Legendaries, far higher than even Dragonite's or Garchomp's. If it had probably 5 more Base Speed, it'd be firmly planted in Ubers.

--

The destructor has gone

July 23, 2012 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Okay, so, almost ready for E4, gonna get all Pokes to L52 before challenging. Unfortunately, it may be some time before I get around to arranging the actual challenge, as I'm currently up to my eyebrows in this moving out business. Will post updates as I can, but me and Ninja may be sans internet for anywhere from one day to one week.

--

July 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I caught up finally! Awesome work X, this was a really good read. I'm eager to see your E4 challenge completed.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

July 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

So, my Pokes are L52, and have been for a while. I've been preoccupied with moving and whatnot. I'm willing to make an E4 post Friday or Saturday, as long as my schedule will allow it. Gonna be starting 12 hour shifts soon, so expect less frequent updates.

Also, for those interested, I have renamed my Cofagrigus Caliborn.

--

August 6, 2012 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Day 14, Part 1.

Snow falls as I enter the League. I walk up the nearest set of stairs, leading into a darkened library. I can see wisps floating between the shelves. As I head down an aisle, I feel myself being lifted off of my feet. I'm levitated down the aisle, its bookshelves transforming into some sort of spiraling peak. I pass by a window to see that the weather has changed for the worse, lightning striking nearby. I'm soon deposited at the top of one of the shelves, where I stand face to face with the person who must be the librarian of this horrific library.

"'Eyes brimming with dark flame, this man rejected everything other than himself in order to bring about one singular justice...' That's part of a novel I'm writing. I was inspired by the challenger who was just here, and somehow I got a little sad... Excuse me. You're a challenger, right? I'm the Elite Four's Ghost-type Pokémon user, Shauntal, and I shall be your opponent."

She sends out a Cofagrigus. I send out Pyralspite. After two Shadow Claws, it falls. She switches to Golurk, which allows me to switch to Eridan. I have Eridan use Surf, nearly killing it in one attack. Her Golurk lays a Curse on Eridan, dying in the process. She sends out her Chandelure. I keep out Eridan, knowing that I probably only have one shot to take it down before this Curse and the Chandelures attacks kill him. I risk it, having Eridan use another Surf. Chandelure survives, allowing it to get a Shadow Ball off, killing Eridan, one of my oldest companions. I send out Pyralspite, who appears to have become a manifestation of my rage, as she tears through Shauntals Chandelure and Jellicent with ease. As I finish the battle, she leads me back out to the plaza, complimenting my skill as a trainer. She obviously missed how I let Eridan die. I place his ball on the statue of the Champion, resolving to pick it back up after this is all over. Now, where to next...

--

August 11, 2012 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Sorry about Eridan =/ But Shauntal should be the hardest one for you. Hopefully you'll have better luck with the others.

--

The destructor has gone

August 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Day 14, Part 2.

I head to the next set of stairs. It opens up onto a conveyor belt, leading to a martial arts ring. Inside stands a man at the pinnacle of fitness. I introduce myself to him.

"Greetings, Adam. My name is Marshal. In order to master the art of fighting, I'm training under my mentor, Alder. My mentor sees your potential as a Trainer and is taking an interest in you. It is my intention to test you--to take you to the limits of your strength." With that he leaps backwards and sends out a Throh. I send out Caliborn, knowing that his Fighting moves will be useless against my ghost. It manages to get off a few good hits before it falls however, and so I switch to Pyralspite when he sends out Sawk. Luckily, Pyralspite is faster and stronger, and so Sawk goes down with little trouble. Then Conkeldurr. Pyralspite fails to claw through its bulky form in one swipe, and suffers a painful Hammer Arm for her trouble. Not quite dead, but well aware of the speed drop that attack cost him, Pyralspite rips into Conkeldurr once more, defeating it. I decide to switch back to Caliborn, who, though weakened from Throh, should be tough enough to bide some time whilst I heal him. Marshal sends out his final Pokemon, Mienshao, who gets off an ineffective U-Turn. Caliborn, now healed, takes the opportunity to unleash his Hyper Beam. When the smoke clears, there's not even dust of the Mienshao left. He nods his head towards me.

"Representing the Pokémon League in the absence of the Champion has been my duty as Alder's student. However, there is nothing as empty as words not backed up by strength. A word in your ear, strong challenger... The other members of the Elite Four are far more powerful than I am. Do not underestimate them!" I thank him and return to the plaza, ready to challenge the next member. However, I decide to modify my strategy somewhat. I teach Pyralspite X-Scissor to replace Shadow Claw, give her a Dragons Fang instead of the Scope Lens which has proved useless this entire time (she's failed to get any criticals since equipping it), and heal my party, ready for battle.

--

August 13, 2012 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Sorry for my general slow rate of updates lately. I'll finish the story this weekend. I may start >Be the other guy up again, as working 12 hour days kinda puts a damper on my free time. But, seriously, we need more activity. Where did everyone go?

--

August 16, 2012 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Well, my summer job is over, so I actually have a lot more free time. Made a bunch of posts earlier that no one seems to have seen yet. I do know that Casey is spending an internet-less week at her grandparents', so she won't be around until next week at the earliest. That's all I know, I'm afraid.

Also a bit concerned to hear you're wrapping this up so soon...

--

The destructor has gone

August 16, 2012 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Eh, I might just do a hiatus. The level difference between pre and post E4 is at least 10 levels, and I've been struggling to survive some of it (so yes, I have beaten them). But trust me, I'll come back to Adam eventually. Also, yes, me and Ninja have both noticed your posts, it's just that he's waiting for me to update his adventure again, which I've delayed because of limited time issues.

--

August 18, 2012 at 12:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Right, understood. I may start a run of some sort here shortly just because I have time, and to make it not solely dependant on you and Ninja to give us content.

--

The destructor has gone

August 18, 2012 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments