Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Xelakian's W (Weird) Nuzlocke Run

GlowingGardevoir

i know >.< i've posted a few during the middle of playing, and basically i was focused on 2 things so they came out all -scratchy- XD and lol my Vanillish is perma boxed.. i mean.. >-< long term wise i dont see how he'd help and he'd probably just end up getting pwned at the elite four even if i had kept him.. i'm trying to make my team good for a clean sweep of the elite four.. yet >-> ~stares at Powa~ Some of us can barely beat pokemon 5 levels under us... So basically i'm just trainninggg

--

July 17, 2012 at 12:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Big Daddy-

Rock Slide is in Mistralton Cave. Definitely get it. I like Flamethrower and Heat Crash, for a choice of physical and special STABs depending on the foe. Brick Break for a reliable second STAB rounds it out. I like this set. You may want to consider using Heart Scales on Assurance if you think you'll have a hard time with Shauntal, and Hammer Arm if you want more power than Brick Break while lowering his already subpar speed.

Calmasis-

I still say Calm Mind is needed. Rest is nice too, on that set. I don't like status in-game, as when you really need it, it seems the CPU is always Full Restoring it away. So I would personally drop Will-O-Wisp even though I love it on Cofagrigus. Maybe Psychic in its stead, or see if he has a good Hidden Power.

Eridan-

I actually like his set, Tailwind and all, acknowledging the fact that he'll probably be your least valuable member. Maybe Ice Beam in case something happens to Coldstone? Because of a certain Pokemon on a certain final boss' team, one cannot have too much Ice...

Coldstone-

Definitely Flash Cannon, just to give him SOMETHING not Ice. Check his Hidden Power, too.

The Miles-

Drain Punch. Also cannot have enough fighting for the final boss. You may want to go Surf or Scald instead of Hydro Pump, for PP and accuracy reasons. Dig is as good as you'll get for STAB ground without EQ, leaving one slot open. Choose between Sludge Bomb, Rock Slide, Payback, and Grass Knot. I like Payback.

Pyralspite-

Here's something sneaky you can do. Since you can choose the order of the E4 in this game, take on Shauntal and Caitlin with Shadow Claw, then forget it for X-Scissor when you face Grimsley. I like the rest of the set. Dragon Dance > Swords Dance, and you don't need both.

--

The destructor has gone

July 17, 2012 at 12:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Calm Mind is also post E4. I believe Ice Beam is as well. I'll check and report their Hidden Powers tonight, but I know for a fact that the majority of them are meh.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

July 17, 2012 at 6:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

GlowingGardevoir

Also dont forget to train your poke, dont go into the elite four with just a batch of level 40s, make sure they are at least 51+ each poke.. to be safe.. i'm so worried about my little bunch, we're training right now and i'm all OMFG WE'RE GOING TO LOOSE, LOOSE, LOOSE, LOOSE D<! anyhow. i wish you luck :o after my black me and my friend are going to do a emerald nuzlocke.. and a friend of mine is going to make a comic of my run for me ^-^ :D

--

July 17, 2012 at 3:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GlowingGardevoir

Wtf.. you HAVE to catch Reshiram it wont let me just kill him and kick it to the side..

--

July 17, 2012 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Zekrom, actually. I'm doing White, remember?

Also, how does that work? Do I replace a Poke right as I get him, can I swap one out of my PC after the E4, but before N's Castle?

--

July 17, 2012 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Immediately after you catch Reshiram, the game gives you the option of sending something from your party to your PC to make room for him. Whether it FORCES you to do so is beyond my recollection, but as your guaranteed first encounter in a unique area, it's kosher with Nuzlocke rules unless you have a strict no-Legendaries policy.

EDIT: Zekrom, damn it. I did it too >.<

--

The destructor has gone

July 17, 2012 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Coolio.

Also, Hidden Powers:

Big Daddy: Flying

Calmasis: Ground

Eridan: Water

Coldstone: Grass

The Miles: Water

Pyralspite: Psychic

So, in other words, not particularly good from what I can tell.

--

July 17, 2012 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Coldstone's HP Grass is actually very good. It's x4 effective against Ghetsis' Seismitoad, and N's Carracosta too, but you'd better OHKO that one; it has a nasty STAB Stone Edge to punish you for anything short of a clean kill. Calmasis' HP Ground is a good counter for lots, too. Reshiram, Carracosta, and KIlnklang on N, specifically. 

I'm sorry for PR being down again too, btw. Whatever this is is out of my control.

And X, if you can be ready by Friday night, would you like to stream your finale during BATTLE NIGHT!!!!? That's how we got started doing those, actually. If you have a webcam you can just stick it in front of your DS screen and stream it through tinychat.

--

The destructor has gone

July 17, 2012 at 11:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Hmm...I'd have to really get to grinding, but I've got some time off so...possibly? We'll have to see. I'm gonna want to try to get them to 55, if at all possible, to make it as painless as possible. Also, after examining options, what are final suggestions for movesets?

--

July 17, 2012 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

A rare day of office work for me, so I can actually participate today! Huzzah!

Big Daddy-

Flamethrower

Heat Crash

Brick Break

Rock Slide

Calmasis-

Shadow Ball

Psychic Grass Knot

HP Ground

Will-O-Wisp

Eridan-

Fly

Surf/Scald

Roost

Toxic (If you have a tough foe who can't 2HKO Eridan, you can perhaps stall it out with Roost and Toxic)

Coldstone-

Ice Beam

Flash Cannon

Hyper Beam

HP Grass

The Miles-

Dig

Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald

Drain Punch

Rain Dance

Pyralspite-

Dragon Claw

Shadow Claw versus Shauntal, X-Scissor versus Caitlin and Grimsley

Dig

Dragon Dance

--

The destructor has gone

July 18, 2012 at 12:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Can't get Psychic til post E4, remember? Everything else seems fine though. Update will be posted tonight.

--

July 18, 2012 at 1:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
No, I didn't remember. Go Hidden Power and Grass Knot, then.
--

The destructor has gone

July 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Day 12.

The next morning, as I was having breakfast in Opelucid City with Fennel, we heard a commotion outside. We stepped out to see Ghetsis and Team Plasbad giving a speech to the crowd, telling them to release their pokemon, on orders from the new king, N. An older man with white hair and a beard broke up the rally, telling Ghetsis and his henchmen to leave. By this time, I had already stepped outside myself, prepared to battle if need be. Ghetsis turned to look at me. His right eye was covered by a weird red eyepatch. Pyralspite must've torn right through it. He grins, and then commands his group to leave.

The white-haired man takes me aside, telling me that Alder had already informed him of the situation with the Dark Stone. He told me a story about how Zekrom and Reshiram were once one Pokemon, owned by two brothers who came into conflict with each other. The Pokemon split when it was forced to choose sides. Because the conflict never truly resolved, ending in a stalemate, they remained split. Regardless, if I am to stop N I will need the final badge and get to the Pokemon League. He informs me that his surrogate daughter, Iris, is to be my opponent. I head to the Gym, and after navigating a longwinded puzzle, battle her. She proves challenging, but not enough to prevent me from winning the Legend Badge. I head out, only to find that a storm is brewing. I look up and see a figure racing through the clouds. After hours of chasing, I finally catch up to the figure, Thundurus. I've heard legends of this creature, finding fun in the destruction caused by the storms that follow in his wake. I end his rain of terror once and for all.

Continuing to wander around some more, I find Mistralton Cave once more. I decide to teach Calmasis Flash so that I might better explore this cave. I find a few useful items, and, after clearing a few avalanches out of the way, I find myself in a place known as the Guidance Chamber. I ascend to the peak of the chamber and find myself face to face with Cobalion, one of the legendary musketeers. After much trouble, I catch Cobalion, opting not to rename a legendary.

I return to Opelucid City, to find Professor Juniper and Fennel having an animated conversation. The professor congratulates me on obtaining my final gym badge and gives me a Master Ball. She leads me to the north gate of town, wishing me luck with the Elite Four and N. She then goes back to her discussion with Fennel.

As I begin crossing a rickety wooden bridge, Bianca and Cheren begin running towards me. They want a battle before I become the Champion. I oblige. Bianca's Pokemon have gotten tougher than the last time I'd fought her, putting up quite a good fight. Cheren's are even tougher, actually requiring thought and strategy to defeat. They also wish me luck, and I continue, up to Victory Road. On the way through the gates, I encounter a Rufflet that I name FREEDOM. As I finally reach Victory Road, I spiral up the mountain to find a Heatmor, Redglare, melting a Durant with its fiery tongue. I'm ready to enter the cave. With luck I shall succeed against the Elite Four and have my final battle with N.

New Arrivals:

Rufflet (FREEDOM) - Male, Careful, Likes to thrash about

Heatmor (Redglare) - Female, Lax, Very finicky

Cobalion - Serious, Proud of its power

Also, just so I'm not accused of cheating, Cobalion is found in Guidance Chamber, which is a different area from Mistralton Cave.

--

July 19, 2012 at 11:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Also, after testing it out, I'm pretty certain HP Ground on Calmasis is only 30 power.

--

July 19, 2012 at 12:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GlowingGardevoir

-Can i ask a question here-?

:o whats the hall of fame used for? Is it only really that many people that have completed nuzlockes?..

--

July 19, 2012 at 1:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I believe so. I've made two prior attempts, but both have been abandoned due to complications with the real world.

--

July 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GlowingGardevoir

Is my black run going to be put there?

--

July 19, 2012 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Probably. Talk to Nick. He's the one who's able to edit it.

--

July 19, 2012 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Shit. Lost Coldstone on Victory Road. Gonna replace him with Cobalion, I think. I'm thinking I'll have him keep Iron Head and Sacred Sword, possibly giving him Giga Impact and something else (Swords Dance?)

--

July 19, 2012 at 2:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments