Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > Lots of News Leaked about BW2

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Apparently next month's issue of CoroCoro has been leaked and scanned and posted online now. Bulbapedia has a well-organized list of all the information gathered from the scans here. I won't bother recapping, you can just click the link and see for youself, I'll just add some various thoughts and open the floor for you to say what you think, too.

-Very glad non-Unova Pokemon are added to the regional Dex, but... did I read that right? 300 Pokemon IN ADDITION to the 156 old Unova natives? If so, that's going to create an unprecedented level of party diversity in-game, and make Nuzlockes of these games REALLY interesting. Still hoping for some new evolutions, but doubtful, since these scans didn't even hint at that. I can't help but feel like 450 available Pokemon is overkill, though.

-I'm not a fan of the new player characters. I'll be playing as the girl, if for no other reason than I am NOT playing as the guy. Just, what were they even going for with that hair? The rival looks okay for a rival, I guess. At any rate, it's definitely not Touya and Touko again, so you'll wanna come up with a new in-game persona, if you're into that kinda thing.

-New gym leaders, huh? Okay, sure, why not. I like the fact that we're bringing back a Poison gym. Water gyms are necessary since the type is so widespread, but I'm kinda sick of them personally.

-I'm already pumped to explore this region-encompassing glacier. I imagine the rest of the world is still underneath it, just all frozen and stuff? That sounds like it has the potential makings of an awesome second-half of the game.

-On the last picture on the Bulbapedia page, look towards the bottom... See that picture, where Haxorus, Lucario, and Black Kyurem are in the White half, facing off against Zoroark, Metagross, and White Kyurem in the Black half? Does this maybe hint to version-exclusives, and really good ones at that? If Pokemon of Lucario's and Metagross' stature are version-exclusives, it might make the decision of which game to get a very difficult one, indeed.

--

The destructor has gone

April 12, 2012 at 1:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Dat Hair.

That is a pretty impressive Pokedex, but yeah, that does seem like a bit much.
Fingers Crossed for a Dark Gym Leader.
When I first heard about B/W 2 I was set on buying Black since I already own White, but now I'm not so sure.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

April 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Captain F. Magic at April 12, 2012 at 1:32 PM

Dat Hair.

That is a pretty impressive Pokedex, but yeah, that does seem like a bit much.
Fingers Crossed for a Dark Gym Leader.
When I first heard about B/W 2 I was set on buying Black since I already own White, but now I'm not so sure.

I wonder if we'll get 6 more brand new gyms and gym leaders, or if those two will just be replacing two of the old Unova leaders? If the former, then yes, for the love of Mew please make a Dark gym.

I am reserving all judgment on which version to buy until I see a full list of version-exclusives. But since these are "sequels," I'd prefer Black, since I got Black initially and I'd like to think of it as a follow-up to that run, which was simply the most fun I'd ever had in any Pokemon run other than my first Nuzlocke.

--

The destructor has gone

April 12, 2012 at 1:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

I'm pretty sure it's saying there are 300 total, not in addition.

Anyway, I think I'll wait and see what the version exclusives are before planning on which to pick up. Of course, between all of us here on PR, I'm sure getting exclusives from the other game won't be hard at all!

As for the protagonists... well, I'm definitely warming up to the girl's design, but for real, what are they aiming for with that guy? I don't completely hate it, but I have a hard time picturing a designer coming up with that and thinking, "nailed it."

--

April 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Tamoria at April 12, 2012 at 5:13 PM

I'm pretty sure it's saying there are 300 total, not in addition.

Anyway, I think I'll wait and see what the version exclusives are before planning on which to pick up. Of course, between all of us here on PR, I'm sure getting exclusives from the other game won't be hard at all!

As for the protagonists... well, I'm definitely warming up to the girl's design, but for real, what are they aiming for with that guy? I don't completely hate it, but I have a hard time picturing a designer coming up with that and thinking, "nailed it."

Ah, I believe the article has been edited since this morning when I found it. You're right, it's definitely 300 total, so 144 1st-4th Gen Pokes will be coming over, for an average of 36 per Generation. That sounds more like it. I really think it said "300 in addition to" this morning, though.

For me, version-exclusives are more about what you can get during your initial playthrough. So I only care as far as what it means for my team of 6 through the Elite Four (assuming traditional format is followed in these games as well).

The girl's a little goofy, but I don't hate her. That guy, though... he's got Gold's pants, Touya's shirt 2 sizes smaller, and a visor with palm tree hair shooting out the top of it. I think I actually do completely hate it, which makes this the first time I've ever even mildly disliked a male protagonist's model. Just, no. Please.

I saw a screenshot of Serperior, so I think it's safe to assume this means the three Unova starters are returning. Who are you guys taking, and who did you pick in Black/White 1? I went Oshawott last time, and I'll probably go Snivy this time.

--

The destructor has gone

April 12, 2012 at 5:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

I'll most likely go with Snivy this time, it's the last starter I haven't tried at this point. I'm also probably going to take the time from now until the game is released to think up the perfect name, only to be surprised when I finally get it and it's not the gender I was expecting. You know, for the third time.

Anyway, I found a beautiful haiku for this new game:

hair hair hair hair hair

check the leggings on that guy

where the hell is N

--

April 12, 2012 at 5:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

^Yes.

That pretty much sums it up perfectly, so far.

(We would both pick the same starter, after picking the same starter, and even coming up with the same nickname XD)

--

The destructor has gone

April 12, 2012 at 6:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Am I really the only one not bothered by the main male character's hair?  I really don't think it is that bad.  I've seen much, much worse.  I like both designs far better then the originals.

Oh, and Snivy all the way.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

April 16, 2012 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Looks like we're going to have ourselves a little gang of badass Snivies, then.

And yeah, I've seen people who feel the same as you do about the hair. I haven't seen anyone go so far as to say they LIKE it though, which should tell Nintendo something.

Then again, I haven't actually heard any Japanese opinions on the models, and it is their game before it is ours.

Still gonna be a girl.

April 16, 2012 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

That hair makes me think he is either REALLY REALLY gay, like...dreaming of MLP gay, OR he's got SERIOUS bed-head and doesn't comb it. But she reminds me of Princess Leia with the buns lol.

I'm not real big on the water-type gym. Feels over-done. Do like that the poison gym is back.

--
April 20, 2012 at 10:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Um, nothing about the male particularly says "homosexual" to me... But it's hard not to look at the girl and think of Star Wars. I've already seen a few pictures around the internet of her hair as wheels XD

Yep, Misty, Wake, Juan, Wallace, alright, jeez, enough water already! I actually like the poison gym leader's design, too, not just the fact that we're getting another poison gym.

--

The destructor has gone

April 20, 2012 at 10:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

The hair* looks gay, is my point. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of that when looking at her hair XD

I didn't check out the design of the gym. I agree that there should be a dark gym, for more variety. Now that I think about it, that's pretty much the only type they have Never made a gym out of, isn't it? Wonder why that is.

--
April 21, 2012 at 12:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Oh, hey!

Guys, don't take this wrong.  I am not trying to say you guys are wrong for having your opinions about the new male trainer's hair.  Opinions can't be wrong, and that is a fact.  At any rate, I found a (relatively small) group of people who actually (like me) think both designs are fine!  I was surprised, really, considering how much hate I found for it.  I literally thought I was the only one who didn't think his hair style was bad.  I proved myself wrong!

Again, not trying to say anthing about your opinion.  Just informing you guys that there are more people out there like me...I thought I was alone on this!

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

April 21, 2012 at 1:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

This is the internet, of course everyone's opinion is wrong!

But really, I'm actually warmed up to it now. It's not my favorite design at all, but I am starting to kinda like it. Haha, I went through this when the Black and White guys were released to, I really hated the first girl for a while.

--

April 21, 2012 at 4:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

New trailer released here.

Seeing the guy's overworld sprite, it isn't so bad, and the girl's hair looks less goofy, too (kind of like how Touko's overworld sprite makes her ponytail seem less ginormous). But the VS Sprite, not so much. 

More importantly though, it looks like they stepped it up big time, graphically, despite it being on the DS (a move I actually agree with, even though I have and love my 3DS). The battle scenes look more detailed, the sprites for Black and White Kyurem look awesome, and the cutscene clips look nice, too. Also, w00t for expanded Pokedex.

--

The destructor has gone

April 21, 2012 at 4:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

GlowingGardevoir

I GOT NEW SPOILERS FOR THIS GAME! for B2W2!

Eevee = Catchable. Same with Zorua, although rumors go Zorua is a horrible pokemon, Zoroark vs Lucario, Lucario everytime apparently.

Theres also some new tricks added to the game, i wont tell you though x3 just be looking forward to them! :D! and maybe you'll be surprised with some of the new characters who come into the storyline ~wink wink~

--

July 5, 2012 at 10:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments