Predictable Randomness

Forum

Post Reply
Forum Home > Elder Scrolls > >Be the other guy.

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Kennelstench Crapking

No. Just...just no. Despite being knee deep in sewage right now, this is not your name or any moniker you would ever, EVER hope to go by.


> Lance Jacobs

Ah, good, you guessed it.

As was previously mentioned, you are a Redguard, and right now you're in the Imperial City Sewers. This didn't used to happen. Back in Sentinel, you were everyones best friend. Anybody who knew you could vouch for your "upstanding moral character", and the guards were more than willing to take an arrow to the knee for you. And then you came to Cyrodiil.


Racist assholes. It's bad enough that the locals around here only respond to you when you flash some gold, but a dunmeri sailor tried to cut your kidneys out when you passed by her ship. Thankfully the guards here still have your back, in some respects.


>Go back to the part with the sewers.

Ah, yes. So you saw these red robed guys rushing out of some sewers. Curiousity got the better of you, and so you went in to find out why they were running. After killing a few rats and goblins, you found it. A trail of fresh blood leading out from a sealed door. You resolved to leave it at that, when you saw something glimmer in the filthy, murky water. You reach down, pulling it the rest of the way out of a giant rats throat...


>ITEM GET!

You find a ridiculously oversized ruby necklace. Or, more likely, a ridiculously oversized red glass necklace. You're pretty sure gems of this size don't exist. Still, it might be worth something. You hold onto it for now.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

April 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> Wear the Amulet, be the Emperor

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

April 13, 2012 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl
Member
Posts: 575

>Do what the other guy said.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

April 16, 2012 at 5:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Lance Jacobs: Consider being the other guy again.

You consider it. You also wonder how you managed to stop being the first guy anyways. You seemed to have only been him for a very brief amount of time...

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

July 17, 2012 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Resume being the other guy.

--

The destructor has gone

July 17, 2012 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Resume being the other guy.

You are now Ilmiru Domardi. You are exceptionally wounded from being attacked by a septette of bandits that were only barely beaten back by Keeta and a nearby Imperial Guard. You've spent the better part of the last hour healing yourself, hoping that you don't end up in a situation where that extra magicka would have saved your life. Thankfully, as you were not born under the Atronach, your magicka supply regenerates.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

July 17, 2012 at 11:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

> Remind yourself of the current situation. Your memory seems hazy, for some reason.

--

The destructor has gone

July 17, 2012 at 11:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

> Remind yourself of the current situation. Your memory seems hazy, for some reason.

Oh, yes, of course. You had just cleared out a necromancer cult to Molag Bal, Daedric Lord of Domination from a local Ayleid Ruin, and were on your way to Skingrad when you were ambushed by bandits. If it weren't for your trusty skeletal servant, Keeta, and the local Imperial Guardsman, you surely would've been beaten to death and taken to some sorta bandit camp to be...whatever it is bandits do to Dunmeri women.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

July 17, 2012 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Attempt Resurrection.


You are now Lance Jacobs. You're not sure why this thought occurred to you, as there are no corpses nearby, at least recently killed ones anyways.


You decide to leave the sewers, heading back to the Imperial City. You take a look at the amulet again. Though you've only had it a few minutes now, it feels special, like you shouldn't get rid of it. Besides, nobody would buy it. It's obviously a fake.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

May 22, 2013 at 12:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

Can this truly be? The return of the X at long last? Details in another thread, my good man, I must know if you are back among the living!


By the way, in the time between now and the last resurrection attempt at this, I actually got and played Skyrim. So now I actually know what the heck you're talking about here. Meaning I can now meaningfully contribute!


So


>Meaningfully contribute to the resurrection.

>Get yourself cleaned up. You smell like sewer. Then head to the inn for rest, mead, and potential scuttlebutt overhearance.

--

The destructor has gone

May 22, 2013 at 12:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria
Member
Posts: 234

Oh hey, activity! Good to see you back! And I've actually played some Skyrim myself as well since this last got posted, so I have a much better idea of what all is going on, too!


>Attempt to meaningfully contribute

>Attempt failed, end up agreeing with previous post

--


May 22, 2013 at 1:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Get yourself cleaned up. You smell like sewer. Then head to the inn for rest, mead, and potential scuttlebutt overhearance.


You head back to the Waterfront District and get a room in the Bloated Float Inn, an anchored merchant ship converted into a tavern. You order a bathtub brought to your room and clean yourself and your clothes thoroughly.


>Take inventory of gear.


Your primary weapons are a long, curved dagger, a kukri, a bow with a quiver, a set of leather armor and miscellaneous sundry goods. You'd rather not reveal everything you have just yet.


>Return to the common room.


You head back to the bar. After ordering a glass of Surilie's, you see a poster hanging up. As the barkeep returns with your drink, you ask about it. He tells you that that's the Gray Fox, a master thief and wanted criminal. He's never been caught, likely because the beggars are said to act as his spies. You tip the barkeep and leave to find a beggar. This shouldn't be too hard.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

May 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Get a little "charitable"

--

The destructor has gone

May 25, 2013 at 3:55 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Get a little "charitable".


You quickly find a beggar sitting on the docks, trying to get some coin. You kneel down and ask about the Gray Fox in a hushed tone.

"He's a fairy tale. The Imperial Watch pretends there is a thief king named the Gray Fox who controls all the thieves in Cyrodiil. Of course it's all just made up to give them an excuse to keep us down." Figures. You toss a couple of septims in his cup and turn to walk away, when he stops you.

"Are you looking for him?" Of course you do. At the very least, it's nice to have some friends who can get you out of trouble. Or, more likely, into it.

"I think I trust you enough to tell you this secret. To learn more about the Gray Fox, go to the Garden of Dareloth at midnight. Look in the Waterfront district of the Imperial City. I can say no more." Now we're onto something...


>Switch perspectives.


--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

May 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

Not a story update, but very reminiscient of Ilmiru Domardi. If you don't already read Prequel, I highly recommend it, as much of my inspiration was initially drawn from it.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

December 2, 2013 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

Oh my god no I hadn't already read Prequel but now I do. Thank you X, you always bring us nice things.

--

The destructor has gone

December 3, 2013 at 1:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments