Predictable Randomness

Forum

Post Reply
Forum Home > Elder Scrolls > >Be the other guy.

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Keeta.

--

The destructor has gone

March 28, 2012 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> Mitch.

It occured to me that my current Skyrim character would not get along with Ilmiru in any way, shape, or form. Just thought I would mention that.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

March 28, 2012 at 11:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

Yeah, I'm kinda going for one part paladin, one part assassin, three parts hypocrite. It's interesting writing her, because I usually love the daedra and she pretty much hates all but a very select few. As much as I am not a fan of the Divines, she's probably going to worship them rather than the traditional Dunmeri Tribunal. Especially in the wake of the Nerevarines adventures.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 29, 2012 at 6:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Can we continue with the plot?

Oh, yes, of course.


>How about that old, decrepit fort where we kicked marauder ass? May not be a bed, but it's a roof, and it's better than showing weakness to Gogan.

Yeah, it's a bit closer anyways. Plus, it's getting late and you want to find something to sleep on besides the cold, hard ground, especially after that boat ride over.


Fort Strand's exterior is nearly destroyed, but it seems to have quite the extensive underground network of tunnels. You hear voices echoing up the corridors. This might not have been a good idea. You peek around the corner and see another marauder up ahead. You summon Keeta, and between your fire and his axe you make short work of him. You encounter a handful of other marauders and some rats, but you manage to easily dispatch them. Unfortunately there are traps everywhere. The further you delve into the tunnels, the harder it is to concentrate on your spells due to blood loss. Your healing magic is only enough to keep you alive. Once you make sure this fort is empty, you're going to want to sleep for like a day straight.


You finally get to the final chamber. There are three Marauders up ahead. You summon Keeta.


>STRIFE!!!

-MELT THEIR FLESH==>Your flame spell hurts one of them, but it looks as though his armor absorbed the majority of it. While Keeta is busy handling two of them, this one charges you with his sword.

-NOCK AN ARROW==>You fire a few arrows at the marauder, which slows him down enough for you to retreat around the corner. You hear the telltale crack of your conjuration spell ending. Shit.

-OHM'S LAW==>As the marauder's just about to cut you down, you sidestep his blow and shock him to death. His iron armor works as a fabulous conductor.

-PARALYZE==>You run up to the last two marauders. You place your hand to your lips and then touch it to the bare face of one of them as you run past. He falls to the ground as all of his muscles seize at once. You, however, are out of breath. You stare down the last remaining marauder.

-QUARREL WITH YOUR ANCESTOR==>You, like all Dunmer, have an Ancestral Guardian. Yours always shows up when you're in trouble. Usually to berate your choice of profession and ask why you couldn't have grown up to be a nice merchant and marry the owner of an ebony mine instead of risking your life to kill off potential trade partners. You've explained over and over again, no grandma Vedelea, the Telvanni are no longer allies, in fact they're pretty much all absolutely horrible. You also say it'd be a damn shame if you died because your ancestor decided to try to guilt you while you're dodging an electrified mace, which, by the way, is a thing that's happening. Could you help me out a little?

-RETREAT IN THE MOST TACTICALLY BENEFICIAL MANNER==>While your ancestor is distracting the last marauder, you back up, take a potion to restore your magicka and begin chewing on some aloe vera leaves, allowing you to better recover from using the Lovers Kiss on that last guy. You also cut his throat, making sure that he won't get back up.

-SEND HIM TO OBLIVION==>Your ancestor vanishes, temporarily banished from Nirn until she can regain the strength to bug you again. The last marauder barrels down on you. He strikes at you with his mace, sending electricity arcing through your body. You grab the head of the mace and his shoulder, channeling the electricity through you, amplifying it with your own shock spell, and sending it all into him. After a few seconds, when you can stand it no longer, you let go. All that remains of the poor bastard is his iron armor, blackened with your handprint, the mace, also blackened, and ash.


That.

HURT.

You pick up the mace. It appears to be Dwarven, which by itself is worth a lot of money. On top of that, it's also enchanted. Upon closer examination, you see an inscription on the haft: "ROCKSHATTER: To Maeva and Bjalfi in honor of your union." Huh. You've heard of crossbow weddings, but apparently the Nords have different traditions...


>Find a bed to bleed in for a little while.

You search the rest of the tunnels to make sure they're secured. As you walk over a bridge, you feel it giving way beneath you, nearly causing you to fly headlong into another trap. You make your way back up to where the majority of the marauders were camped. You crawl into one of the bedrolls and drift to sleep.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 29, 2012 at 8:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

The quarrel with the ancestor was very well written, sir. I lol'd.

--

The destructor has gone

March 29, 2012 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria
Member
Posts: 234

Yep, the bit with the ancestor was pretty dang great. And gotta say, I always enjoy hypocritical main characters, I just find it interesting to see their reasoning and rather or not they ever reconsider.

--


March 30, 2012 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Ilmiru: Dream

Your vision is clouded by swirling ash. Past its burning red haze, a pair of ebony gates open. A menacing looking siege engine lumbers towards you, along with hundreds of daedra. You stand no chance against this many. Nobody does. You do what any sensible person would do. You run.


You turn and see a gargantuan fiery portal blocks your path. You feel it pulling your very essence in, all the while the monstrous daedra drawing ever nearer. You find yourself faced with a certain death or an uncertain oblivion. You are incapable of moving, incapable of thought. All you know, all you can feel at this moment is fear. The portal draws you in and the daedra charge...


>Ilmiru: Wake up.

You are now Ilmiru Domardi once again. As was mentioned previously, you camped in the recently marauder free Fort Strand. Your wounds are mostly healed and you SHOULD be incredibly well rested, but after what you just saw, it'll be a while before you get anything resembling a good nights sleep.


>Sell your shit.

That sounds like one of the most sensible thoughts you've heard in some time. You walk back to Anvil.


Anvil is a fairly small city but is nonetheless quite busy. You start at one of the dockside shops, Lelles Quality Merc(h)andise, to sell your goods. He gives you a fair price for them. Continuing on, you find a smithy and a pair of old, familiar guilds: the Fighters Guild and the Mages Guild. You never really dealt with the Fighters Guild back in Balmora (too many rumors of Camonna Tong involvement), but the Mages Guild were...alright, you guess. Mostly they provided some useful services, and on top of that they were at least willing to act civilized, unlike some OTHER organizations (you REALLY hate Telvanni). You restrain your magicidic tendencies and decide to investigate.


Inside you learn that this particular branch specializes mostly in restoration and alchemy. You decide to purchase a few things while you're here (the better to hunt their kind with, of course), and learn the Absorb Health, Absorb Magicka and Absorb Luck spells from a strange Bosmer named Thaurron, who had apparently tamed an Imp. Moving on, you meet another Dunmer, an alchemist named Felen Relas. You purchase a mortar & pestle, an alembic and a calcinator. Finally.


>Make a fortune in cheap, nearly useless potions.

You mix some apple seeds and potato plant leaves together in the mortar and pestle, heat it with the calcinator and then run it through the alembic, producing some very concentrated, very pure potions of restore fatigue. These can be useful, but more often than not they're forgotten at the bottom of your backpack. Besides, the raw materials to make them are cheap and plentiful. You sell them for 50 septims total and buy a few potions of sorcery instead.


You wonder what else you should do...

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

April 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> The Emperor has been assassinated by a cult of Daedra worshipers and the Dragonfires are out! Are you a bad enough [Dunmer Female] to find his heir and defend Nirn against the onslaught of Oblivion?

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

April 4, 2012 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninja4Hire
Member
Posts: 23

>Resist urge to find significance in your dreams.  The idea that your dream is a prophecy is absolutely ridiculous.  And the thought that some cult could arrange the assasination, not just of the emporer, but also all his known heirs?  Seriously, just take a sleeping potion tonight.  Get on with your day.

April 5, 2012 at 6:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Is there anything really awesome for sale around here that we can buy with potion manufacturing monies?


Also, welcome to the site, Ninja. X has been recruiting, I see.

--

The destructor has gone

April 5, 2012 at 10:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

I have indeed been recruiting. We should have another sometime member posting (Sketzer) as well as possibly more...


>Is there anything really awesome for sale around here that we can buy with potion manufacturing monies?

Not really. There are a few magic items here and there, but all are either of minimal use to you or overpriced for their minimal benefit. However, while exploring the shops you do find a rather disturbing bulletin.


>Read.

Oh. Oh shit.


>Resist urge to find significance in your dreams.  The idea that your dream is a prophecy is absolutely ridiculous.  And the thought that some cult could arrange the assasination, not just of the emporer, but also all his known heirs?  Seriously, just take a sleeping potion tonight.  Get on with your day.

You fail to resist the urge. You fail immensely. The only thing you got out of that block of common sense was the fact that it was a cult. And, judging from your dreams, a daedric cult.


> The Emperor has been assassinated by a cult of Daedra worshipers and the Dragonfires are out! Are you a bad enough [Dunmer Female] to find his heir and defend Nirn against the onslaught of Oblivion?

The Dragonfires! You completely forgot about those. If those are out, that means the worst may already be on its way: an all out Daedric invasion of Nirn. This is what you've prepared yourself to handle your whole life, this is what you must do. You must seek out and destroy the cults of Boethiah and Vaermina!


>Boethiah?

Yeah, hero to the Dunmer, Daedric Prince of deceit, treachery, murder...it's really pretty obvious, isn't it? It'll be hard taking down one of your own races gods, but the temple is on the decline, what with the death of the Almsivi...


>Vaermina?

Daedric Prince of dreams and nightmares, of course. She's probably trying to spur you into action against her old enemy Boethiah, before he takes over Nirn and assaults her realm.


>Where to start looking?

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

April 5, 2012 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> First you'll need to recruit a small team of elite peoples. Taking out some bandits is fine and all, but you'll be going up against two groups with trained warriors and powerful mages. You'll need some help. Even if it is just to carry your loot.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

April 5, 2012 at 11:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

(DOUBLE UPDATE ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE SITE!)


> First you'll need to recruit a small team of elite peoples. Taking out some bandits is fine and all, but you'll be going up against two groups with trained warriors and powerful mages. You'll need some help. Even if it is just to carry your loot.

Maybe. Unfortunately, you haven't had a whole lot of luck convincing people to join your cause in the past. In fact, that's actually part of why you're here. Your house thought you were a little too...overzealous. You personally suspect bribery from sorcerous scum, but that's in the past.

No, probably the best first step would be to seek out daedric corruption in the nearby area.


>Ilmiru: Explore the Gold Road.

The Gold Road is a rather peaceful, scenic route that leads up to Kvatch and eventually to the Imperial CIty itself. A sea of tall yellow grass covers the landscape as the sun sets behind you. You barely notice a wolf in time to shock it to death as it leaps at your face. It occurs to you how dangerous it can be, and how it'd probably be beneficial to have something (a pocket sized monster, mayhaps) for your own protection. Then you remember that you have Keeta, and promptly abandon this train of thought.


You reach the top of a hill to find an ancient Ayleid Ruin. A courier is fleeing the ruin on horseback.


>Be the courier.

You are now the courier. Your job is to deliver copies of the Black Horse Courier to the Brina Cross Inn in Anvil. What you didn't expect were those ominous storm clouds and fiery portal at Kvatch. You did what any person working for a newspaper would: you investigated. That's when the Scamps started pouring out. You were hired to deliver papers, not fight daedra. You are now fleeing from one that's followed you halfway to Anvil. That's when you saw this dunmeri woman with a bow approaching a ruin. Well, her problem now!


>Ilmiru: It's your problem now.

You can no longer be the courier because she's a bitch. Instead, you are now Ilmiru Domardi again. Fire erupts from the tall grass. You dodge and see a pair of just barely visible pointed ears.


>STRIFE!!!!

-THUNDERPUNCH==>You rush the Scamp and electrify it with your fists. Unfazed, it claws at your face and then runs away, throwing another fire spell at you.

-UNLEASH TORRENT OF ARROWS==>You fire arrow after arrow as the two of you circle around each other, missing attack after attack.

-VOLTAGE==>Once more, the two of you slowly approach, and as you close the distance you swipe the palm of your hand against its forehead, grounding the electricity out through the scamp. Apparently the first hit did significantly more damage than it appeared, as the second shock was more of a love tap.

Now, about these ruins...


>Investigate ruins...

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

April 6, 2012 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Keep Keeta by your side, of course. SOMETHING unfriendly has got to be in here.

--

The destructor has gone

April 6, 2012 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

 >Keep Keeta by your side, of course. SOMETHING unfriendly has got to be in here.

You head inside, ready to summon Keeta at a moments notice. You wander about the ruins, finding all sorts of strange things: glowing bluish crystals, steam vents and...


...necromancers.


>STRIFE!!!!!

Okay, seriously, enough of that.

-USE ALL OF YOUR SPELLS!==>Um...no. You do however summon Keeta, throw a flame spell at the necromancer and prepare to fire an arrow for good measure.

-VERIFY CASUALTY==>You look past Keeta to see the mage casting a healing spell, followed immediately thereafter by raising a zombie. It may not be banned here, but that's pretty much sacreligious in Morrowind.

-WITHDRAW AND ASSAIL FROM AFAR==>The necromancer, using the fighting undead as cover, begins firing lightning bolts at you. You can barely get a shot at him. Keeta collapses under the zombies attacks. It's now heading for you.

-EXIT POST HASTE==>You cast turn undead on the zombie, buying you a little time as you fire a few well placed shots at the necromancer. Just as you're sure he's about to succumb to being full of arrows, he casts a healing spell on himself. That's when you see three more necromancers running down the hall towards you. Though you pride yourself as a witchhunter, even you have to admit these odds are not in your favor. You rush towards the exit, blasted by steam on your way out.

-YOU CAN NOT ESCAPE==>What are you talking abou-OH COME ON! One of the necromancers followed you out and insists on casting lightning at you, forcing you to heal while running away. Before long you find yourself near the Anvil city gates. They're closed for the evening.

-ZOMBICIDE==>You turn to face the witch. She's Breton, most likely, meaning resistant to magic. Has summoned a number of zombies and ghosts, all of which will be dispelled if you can kill her. You run towards a pair of large boulders near the road to use as cover as she casts another lightning bolt at you. You begin taking potshots at her with your bow, while she continues missing you with spells. After a particularly well placed arrow, she heals herself, giving you the opportunity you need. You rush at her, paralyze her with the Lovers Kiss and place an arrow right between her eyes. Her undead minions dissolve. She may have been the only one to follow you, but the ruin is still full of evil, an evil you must cleanse. This isn't over.

 

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

April 7, 2012 at 1:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> Take a breather and then file a complaint with the Anvil City Guard.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

April 7, 2012 at 2:04 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Take the night off to lick your wounds. Figuratively. Literally, that's really gross. Ponder this for the night, and see if you can find anything in Anvil to aid your quest for zombie conquest in the morning.

--

The destructor has gone

April 7, 2012 at 2:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Take a breather and then file a complaint with the Anvil City Guard.

You wander around the walls of the city until you reach the docks and find a couple of guards standing watch next to the other gate. They seem unphased by the fact that you're covered in blood and scorch marks. You ask them why the fuck you couldn't get into town from the road. They explain that they lock up the gates at night to prevent bandits, thieves and ne'er do wells from getting in and causing trouble. Oh. So, are these gates that you're currently standing guard at locked? They say that they are. But why are you two stationed here if the gates are locked, you ask? In order to let travelers in at night. You ask why nobody is standing guard on the roadside gate? Because it's locked.


>Resist urge to turn the city guards into living Tesla Coils.

You succeed, mostly because their armor is not coiled and because you don't really understand how electricity works. On top of that, you like to think you have enough common sense not to try and murder the fuck out of some city guards. One of them notices the mad look in your eye and tells you that regardless of what you say the gate is closed for the night and to leave. You ask why they can't just let you in. Please miss, don't make us use force. Wait, what? We explained it once already to you. We don't want bandits, thieves and ne'er do wells causing trouble. Move along.


>Take the night off to lick your wounds. Figuratively. Literally, that's really gross. Ponder this for the night, and see if you can find anything in Anvil to aid your quest for zombie conquest in the morning.

You storm off to your camp in Fort Strand. Who do they think they are? Not since dealing with the Temple Ordinators have you heard such slanderous, imperious, bullshit accusations, and they at least had the decency to call EVERYONE scum. You bandage yourself up and lay down. You're done with this town. You're heading to the Imperial City tomorrow...after you take care of some unfinished business.


>Ilmiru: Dream

Sleep does not find you well this night. You spend most of your time thinking about how to go about killing the necromancers. Eventually, you do sleep.


You see a circle of crimson robed figures. One of them holds up the Emperors head. The crowd begins cheering. The red sea of cultists begins moving about, crowding the one with the head. The colors blur, and it becomes a large ruby. You see a muscular, bronze arm stab downward at its center with an ornate ebony dagger, shattering it into thousands of pieces. The pieces fly across an open map of Tamriel, turning into flaming discs from which daedra of all varieties spill forth.


You wake up in a cold sweat. You silently curse Vaermina and prepare to kill some necromancers.


>Ilmiru: Take care of unfinished business.

You head back inside Garlas Agea. You have a plan.


STRIFE!!!!!!

-SKIRMISH==>You take an alternate path and see a necromancer at the other end, reading in the barely adequate light. You fire an arrow at him, getting his attention. He summons a zombie and begins firing lightning at you. You duck around the corner with a turn undead spell ready, waiting. You then hear the telltale whoosh of a swinging blade trap. Oh, that makes things easier. You look back and see six blades between you and your foe. His spells keep getting interrupted by blades. Luckily, your arrows find their mark relatively easily.

-TAKE ANOTHER ROUTE==>Yeah, those blades aren't stopping anytime soon. You go back through the steam room and find another target, unaware of your presence. You freeze his arms together, preventing him from casting spells before freezing his face, killing him.

-RID THIS PLACE OF CORRUPTION==>You finally meet the head necromancer. He summons a ghost. You summon Keeta. His spells are well placed and powerful. It's becoming a liability switching between firing arrows and casting counterspells.

-INVENTION IS THE DAUGHTER OF NECESSITY==>Your arrows are iron. Electricity is a touch spell. The necromancer is at range. Your magic lasts long enough to find its target and arc through his body.


>Ilmiru: Cleanse the Ayleid Ruin.

You search the place a little more and find a small shrine to Molag Bal, Daedric Prince of Domination and one of the Corners of the House of Troubles. You freeze it, break it and burn it, ensuring its destruction. These are not the cultists you're looking for. Your assassins are in another ruin.


>Travel along the Gold Road.

You leave the ruin and begin walking down the nearby road. An Imperial Guard trots by on his horse. You can see numerous ruins just over the horizon. You're almost to Skingrad when you find yourself stopped by a trio of bandits who demand you pay them a toll. When you refuse, four more appear, flanking you from all sides...


>Be the other guy.

You are now the other guy. Well, to be fair, the other other guy. You are a redguard entrepeneur, a procurer of goods and a vagabond. Or, to be more accurate, if less tasteful, a bandit, a thief and a ne'er do well. Which brings us to the real question: what is your name?

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

April 11, 2012 at 12:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria
Member
Posts: 234

SHRINES DESTROYED: 1/1000

> Lance Jacobs

--


April 11, 2012 at 7:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ninja4Hire
Member
Posts: 23

> Kennelstench Crapking

but more seriously:

> Antel Dredori

--

April 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments