Predictable Randomness

Forum

Post Reply
Forum Home > Elder Scrolls > >Be the other guy.

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

You are now the other guy.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 25, 2012 at 11:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> Assess situation.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

March 26, 2012 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Assess situation.

A young Dunmer woman is traveling by ship from Vvardenfell to Cyrodiil. Due to an excessive amount of deicide that recently took place in your homeland, as well as...personal conflicts with your House, you've decided it would be best to seek your fortune in the Empire proper. Before you're able to get off this ship however you'll need to fill out immigration forms...made slightly problematic, due to some...legal entanglements. As such, you'll have to lie a little. So, first order of business, what shall you put down for your name?

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 26, 2012 at 12:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> Try Ilmiru Domardi. That seems sufficiently Dunmer sounding.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

March 26, 2012 at 12:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Try Ilmiru Domardi. That seems sufficiently Dunmer sounding.

Indeed it does. Domardi sounds somewhat Redoran, which you can work with. The Redoran are on better terms with outlanders in general than some. Now, it asks what birthsign you were born under, as well as your profession.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 26, 2012 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> The Lover. Also Witchhunters are cool, yo.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

March 26, 2012 at 2:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Birthsign: Lover; Profession: Witchhunter

You fill out these portions. Being born under the Lover has gotten you out of more sticky situations than you'd care to count, which isn't terribly surprising considering you've basically made it your business to hunt mages. It then goes on to ask about your financial situation. Your House paid you quite handsomely for your services, so money was not a concern. However, you self-consciously answer none to the section about diseases. Two years ago you contracted Ash Woe Blight from a Cliff Racer. You got it cured, but your thoughts are nowhere near as collected as they once were, your mind nowhere near as sharp.


>Ilmiru: Sleep.

You lay down in bed. The rocking of the ship is at once disturbing and hypnotizing. You drift into slumber.


A man dressed in fine robes wanders through the sewer, surrounded by his elite guard. Assassins appear from all sides and strike them down, one after another. The entourage runs deeper into the sewers, panicking. The guards continue falling, and the man runs faster. Eventually, the man is in a room with no exit. The assassins close on him. The man draws his sword, only to find the very wall protecting his back is yet another adversary, holding a dagger. The man dies, his final words being "Jaufree, Chorrol". An ornate red necklace falls.


You wake up to find that the ship has moored in Anvil. You would have sailed to the Imperial City if it wasn't for the quarantine that was still halfway in effect on Vvardenfell. You had to sail from Khuul to Fort Frostmoth to Solitude to Anvil. You change into your green dress and head out onto the pier to collect the rest of your belongings.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 26, 2012 at 6:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> First things first. Find a job and a place to stay. Do we have any marketable skills?

I've been hogging the commands. Maybe someone else will show up. Being the voice of reason is boring.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

March 26, 2012 at 6:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>Free stuff always comes first. What are these "belongings" you spoke of?

--

The destructor has gone

March 26, 2012 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Free stuff always comes first. What are these "belongings" you spoke of?

Besides the dress you're wearing (mostly a disguise to make you appear as a reputable lady) and a change of clothes (a more normal outfit for you), you have about 400ish septims, 5 pearls, 10 wolf pelts and a couple bolts of cloth, along with some food. Growing up in House Hlaalu was basically a guarantee that you'd be trained in business, so you planned ahead and brought plenty of goods to sell. You also have an iron dagger that you snuck onto the boat. They confiscated your bow and sword back in Solitude.


> First things first. Find a job and a place to stay. Do we have any marketable skills?

 

Just off the boat is an inn called The Flowing Bowl. You make a mental note of it and move on. As far as marketable skills, you're proficient at alchemy. If you could find a mortar and pestle, you'd be well on your way to a fortune in cheap, nearly useless potions. However, you'll have to make do with gathering ingredients for now. You wander around the docks and find numerous outcroppings of Nirnroot, a rare and useful plant. Eventually you stumble upon an old, decrepit fort. You hear marauders arguing inside.


>STRIFE!

-ACT FAST==>You draw your dagger and ready a fire spell as the first one approaches.

-BRANDISH YOUR STEEL==>You realize too late that your dagger strikes are pitiful against his iron plate armor. He makes sure you remember by punching you in the face.

-'CINERATE==>You pelt him with fire bolts as you retreat. The maruader seems unaffected. Of course. He's a Dunmer.

-DEFEND YOURSELF==>As he gets within range, you cast a cold touch spell on him, freezing all the water in his skin at once. That's when you see the other marauder.

-EXTRICATE RANGED ARMAMENTS==>You take the iron bow and quiver of arrows from the now thawing marauder and riddle the other with arrows. His advance is not slowed.

-FINAL TECHNIQUE: HUNTER OF THE DEAD==>You summon a skeleton to distract the marauder while you get a better shot. Between the undeads axe and your arrows, you make short work of him.


After looting the campsite and their corpses, you decide to head back to The Flowing Bowl. It's getting dark, and who knows what monsters inhabit Cyrodiil...

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 27, 2012 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> Listen to local gossip. Lots of things can be learned from gossip.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

March 27, 2012 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

^This. Mayhaps a sidequest will emerge?

--

The destructor has gone

March 27, 2012 at 12:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

> Listen to local gossip. Lots of things can be learned from gossip.

You learn from the tavern owner, a fat Bosmer named Maenlorn, that there's an all female gang of thieves who lure men with their wiles and then steal everything they own. Apparently their last target, a man named Gogan, has more information. He points you in the direction of his house.


You head inside to find that not only is Gogan not here, but his wife is, and is more than willing to tell you all about his stupid mistake. She says that your best bet at hunting them down is to head back to The Flowing Bowl and wait for them to find their next prey. On your way out the door, you bump into Gogan. You ask him about the thieves. He says he's tired of hearing about it, and all he wants is his wedding ring back. You return to the tavern.


>Ilmiru: Wait

You don't have to wait. The sirens are already here. Luckily for you, all of the male patrons have turned in for the night. One of the women, an Imperial, asks you flat out if you'd like to join their gang, telling you all about their method of operation and their hideout, saying that if you're interested to meet them there at 11 tonight.


So.


Dumb.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 27, 2012 at 6:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

>Wait until morning when they're resting from all of their conquesting (?). Sneak in and steal all of the things they've stolen from the townspeople. Sneak out and set the place on fire. Go to the next town and sell everything. ???? Profit.

For bonus points, you can join them for a night and make even more monies.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

March 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

Captain F. Magic at March 27, 2012 at 10:23 PM

>Wait until morning when they're resting from all of their conquesting (?). Sneak in and steal all of the things they've stolen from the townspeople. Sneak out and set the place on fire. Go to the next town and sell everything. ???? Profit.

For bonus points, you can join them for a night and make even more monies.

Yeah, I was gonna suggest actually sticking with them for a little while to see what you can get out of them. If your conscience will allow it, that is.

--

The destructor has gone

March 27, 2012 at 11:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486
Update is made, unfortunately site is being stupid about formatting. Will try again tomorrow.
--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 27, 2012 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Member
Posts: 175

> Captain: Be a sad panda

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

March 27, 2012 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

>Wait until morning when they're resting from all of their conquesting (?). Sneak in and steal all of the things they've stolen from the townspeople. Sneak out and set the place on fire. Go to the next town and sell everything. ???? Profit.

This probably wouldn't be a bad idea, except that they've made it clear to you that they basically convince their targets to strip for them and then rob them of everything they own. There's no actual sex involved. The rest of the plan seems pretty solid however.

 

Except you're heading out tonight.

 

And you're not joining them.

 

You make it to the farm right around 11:30. You know trouble is inside. You have your dagger ready to draw and are prepared to summon a skeleton if things get too hot to handle. Which is often.

 

The woman who invited you earlier tells you their whole plan, about how they lure married men who have money here so that they can rob them without having to worry about them telling the guards, as that'd bring up questions about infidelity and whatnot. She makes her final offer to you. You decline. She calls for her allies and then turns invisible. A Khajiit and a Nord come out of the basement.

 

>STRIFE!!

-GATHER ALLIES==>Well, one ally. You summon your skeletal protector, hopefully allowing you some amount of freedom to cast-gah!

-HATE INVISIBLE ATTACKERS==>Oh, you have no idea. Fucking s'wit mages. You back up and prepare to shock her to death.

-INSUFFICIENT MAGICKA==>Impossible. Unless...you see the characteristic sheen of enchantment on the bitches dagger. Just before it cuts you again.

-JUICE UP ON POTIONS==>You only have one potion of magicka. You quickly drink it and try to cast your spell again.

-KILL HER USING ANY MEANS NECCESARY==>Just as you're about to shock her, she gets another stab in, draining your magicka just enough to cause your spell to fail. Dammit!

-LUNGE==>You begin stabbing the bitch with your dagger. Just as you're about to pass out from blood loss, your skeleton comes up from behind and buries his axe in her back. Good summon, best spell.

 

After you recover some of your magicka, you heal yourself. A pair of Anvil Guards come into the farmhouse. It's Gogan and his wife. Apparently they were actually investigating the Sirens undercover and needed an unknown to be the bait. Great. And they couldn't have shown up earlier, could they? You swear that all guards do is cause problems. You loot the house, finding a ton of cheap alcohol as well as the head bitches dagger, Witsplinter. This could come in handy, especially if you pursue your old line of work further. In the meantime though, you need to find a bed to bleed in for a little while...

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 28, 2012 at 6:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator
Posts: 1888

>How about that old, decrepit fort where we kicked marauder ass? May not be a bed, but it's a roof, and it's better than showing weakness to Gogan.

--

The destructor has gone

March 28, 2012 at 10:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian
Member
Posts: 486

> Captain: Be a sad panda

You are now the Captain. It's so very, very depressing being the captain of a ship when there is so little adventure. You've often dreamt of going to some far away land where you could tame strange and wondrous beasts to fight for you. They'd be your best friends. But, then you imagine that some would inevitably die defending you, and that makes you sad again.


>Be the other guy, again.

You are now Ilmiru Domardi, again. Although, you wonder why you keep being referred to as "the other guy". For one, that'd imply that somebody else was the first guy and that you're just a side character at best. For another, you're not a guy. Despite the way you dress, you're most definitely female. Which brings up another point...


>Enough linguistic tangents. Proceed with the plot.

Actually, no. Linguistics are very important. It's what seperates mer (and men and argonians and khajiit and daedra and dragons and...) from the beasts that we must constantly struggle against. Linguistics are the foundation upon which Civilization is built, Speech the pillars upon which the roof of Knowledge rests. The House of Advancement is constructed from the stones of Logic and the wood of Science. Magic has no place here. Magic is the tent that the beggar pitches outside because he insulted Society's wife. Magic is the town whore that fools admit their love to without realizing that she's only interested in them for their money. You are thoroughly convinced that all magic is an attempt by the daedra to invade Nirn. This is why you've pledged your life to slaying those foul, wicked mages who draw this world ever closer to Oblivion...


...especially goddamn Telvanni, because fuck those guys.


>Wait, what about you? Aren't you a mage?

Well...yes. Kinda. You prefer to think about it as using their own power against them (only an assassin can kill another assassin, your father always said) for the good of mankind. If this eventually makes you a target for another witchhunter, so be it. But you won't go down without a fight.

Which reminds you...that skeleton you've been summoning has saved your ass in multiple fights now. It feels weird to just keep referring to it as "that skeleton"...what should you name it?

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

March 28, 2012 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments