Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Alpha session

Tamoria

Since several of us happen to read Homestuck, I figured we might want a thread to discuss it! Especially with all the craziness and random plot devices flying around in the Alpha session. So, what do you guys think of it so far? Enjoying the kind-of-new characters? Guesses for what will be prototyped? (I am personally really expecting/hoping for Poppopsprite. Old!John as a sprite just has to be wonderful.) Serious or crackpot theories? Just anything, really!

Oh, and one more thing! I ran into this theory: http://ahpoordogsbody.tumblr.com/post/17702479075/get-this on Tumblr, and at first it sounds pretty out there, but DANG if the explanation doesn't make a ton of sense! I mean, there's difinetly something going on with the Derse kids using Troll terms, and this is a pretty interesting idea on it, along with some other explanations.

--

February 16, 2012 at 8:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

First of all: Yay for this thread.

Second: Hopy shit that is a crazy theory, but one I would be willing to accept. I already had a feeling that Roxy and Dirk existed in a different timeframe, but I had chalked that up to the time shenanigans that happened with the first set of kids pre-session.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

February 16, 2012 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Agreed, ridiculous theory makes scary amounts of sense.

On the subject of interesting theories, mine is that UU is from Post-Sburb Alpha Earth. Basically, Alpha Kids enter game, Earth is meteor'd, Condesce takes over and turns Alpha Earth into another Alternia. UU finds a terminal from one of the Alpha Kids sessions and communicates to them through that. Which would then mean that Alpha Earth gets meteor'd twice. For bonus points, UU's session scratches into the Trolls Session?

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 16, 2012 at 11:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

So much paradox.

--

February 16, 2012 at 11:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

Considering all the crazy time shit that goes on on a regular basis in this webcomic, it's actually not all that hard to accept.

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

February 17, 2012 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

That would definitely fit with all of the Mobius double-reacharound madness, too. I'm pretty sure some Earth session creates the Troll's universe, at least.

And I ran into another thing I thought I'd share! Someone pointed out that Prospit and Derse are both missing prototype towers, and that the Queen's ring that the Condesce is wearing doesn't have those prototyping spheres, which were all apparent in the Beta session even before everyone had entered the game. Which would imply nothing gets prototyped (before entering the game, at least), and that the battlefield doesn't get formed. Not really sure what that would lead to, though. It does kinda make me doubt Alpha!Rose gets prototyped, though, which would mean she'd have to show up in some other way. If that weird timeframe theory is true, maybe she and Dave somehow hitch a ride with Jane or Jake?

--

February 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Update! Are we seriously about to get 12 more trolls? Is that really a thing that's about to happen? I don't know if I can handle a main cast of 32 characters, or I guess 33 with UU...

I'm guessing this is pre-scratch Mindfang? The one that played the first Troll session that failed? I don't know, "<????????" pretty accurately sums up my mind right about now.

--

February 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

Notice the necklace aroud her neck as well.

This Vriska is also female. I wonder if there wil gender swaps with them and what pattern, if any, it'll follow. For instance, with the human players, both Prospit dreamers are swapped, but not the Derse.

--

February 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

I doubt there'll be any gender swaps, since Nana and maybe even Grandpa were introduced before the idea of an Alpha session was conceived, so the Prospit dreamers swap was more of a coincidence than anything.

And in light of recent updates, I would like to point out that Jane has the best expressions. That is all.

--

February 21, 2012 at 6:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

I'm inclined to believe that this new troll-lady is pre-scratch Mindfang. The kids made it evident that it's not impossible to escape a scratch, though it seems they may have found a different, more lethal way to avoid being wiped from existance.

As for the missing prototyping towers, I think that has to do with the fact that the Beta Kids are bringing four planets, sprites, a functioning forge, and a fully prototyped, albeit damaged,  battlefield with them. It's possible that they can use beta battlefield to prototype the alpha one now that the "cancer" has been removed.

--

February 21, 2012 at 6:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

If I might direct your attention here, particularly to the speculation section. Also, upon rewatching the beginning of Act 6 flash, it seems unlikely that a time-displaced Roxy and Dirk are a thing that is true. As for Spider-troll, my thought process is Mindfang, i.e. the scratched troll session. Also of note is that the number of peoples that have played the game is already at 33 (4 Beta, 12 Trolls, 12 Ancestors, 4 Alpha, 1 Ophiucus Troll)...

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 21, 2012 at 8:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

The wiki tends to use some pretty weird evidence, but they bring up some nice points! Especially with the connection between UU and Calmasis. I mean, there definitely has to be something there, but I think it'd be hard to say what's up there until we see more of them. And yeah, the opening flash there does seem to make the future thing less likely, but I think it's still a distinct possibility. Especially now that exiled, starving carapaces are hanging around where Roxy is.

By the way, I'm sure everyone's already aware of this, but a couple things I thought I'd point out. First, just in case you missed it, there's a hidden flash at the end of the Frigglish update: http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=pony2

Second, in case you didn't know why there was that "Hello Dante" message beside the links on the homepage and the current "You're Doing It Man", this is due to the fact that Dante Basco is currently reading Homestuck and liveblogging the experience on his new Tumblr. Dante Basco is the actor that played Rufio in Hook. I think everyone is currently holding their breath until he gets to the panels with Hussie kissing his dead corpse.

--

February 27, 2012 at 11:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

Is there somewhere a list of all the loose threads still hanging in the story that we know of?

I'd check TVTropes, but class is in 20 mins and I haven't a strong enough will.

Not really related to the story, but I thought some might enjoy a list of ship names.

--

February 27, 2012 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Not that I'm aware of, but I'd guess there might be something like that burried somewhere in the official forums.

ngl, I love the weird shipping names that come out of the fandom. "kanaya/eridan: saw right through you" will never not amuse me. And since I didn't see it, I thought I'd include that I heard someone refer to Dirk/Jane as Portalshipping.

--

February 27, 2012 at 3:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Seems a certain someone was right.

--

March 8, 2012 at 7:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Hehe, the guy that posted that theory got a TON of followers after that update.

Anyway, wow, I am enjoying the HECK out of this intermission! As much as I am loving the Alpha session, it's nice to see everyone again.

And I just need to say, I really love the terrible fish puns from Feferi and now from Meenah. I'm just a sucker for their puns, you could even say they...

krill me 8)

--

March 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

GLUUUUUUUUUB!

--

March 25, 2012 at 3:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Shush, you're just jellyfish of my wit.

--

March 25, 2012 at 12:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

I'm just going to sit here and listen to fish puns all day. That's my plan.

--

March 25, 2012 at 12:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

What, just for the halibut? I mean, you've got to have something better to octopi your time! You know, just go out and hang out with the buoys or meet a nice gull. Sure, it can be a beach trying to find consructive things to fillet your time, but you really ought to get trout and experience life!

--

March 25, 2012 at 1:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments