Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > Found this a while back...

Xelakian

It's an LP of a hack someone made of Ruby called Pokemon Quartz. The hack itself is pretty complete, if a bit crappy, however what really stood out to me were the balance issues. Gym Leaders with 20 Full Restores? It's quite entertaining.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

November 30, 2011 at 6:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Read the first two pages, plan to finish up when I return this afternoon. This looks absolutely hilarious.

--

The destructor has gone

November 30, 2011 at 10:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Well, I've made it to part 24 (right after what replaces the Norman battle in the mind of this twisted hacker), and I've gotta say, I genuinely feel badly for Foxy! The bad English... and ALL the suggestive, er... suggestions... I really would not want to be there either =/ Some of those fakemons are hilarious too. Now excuse me, back to reading...

EDIT: Oh God, the Hopkin Green Frog reference on page 30 just made my day. I forgot all about that meme, I love it =D

--

The destructor has gone

November 30, 2011 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Col. Crazy is perhaps my favorite hacked Pokemon now.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

December 1, 2011 at 4:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Just finished the last update, and man, I loved everything but the ending =/ I'll explain why in scratched-out text below, so people know not to read it unless they've finished the story.

So, um....

SPOILER ALERT

Really have issues with the ending. I actually like that it was all a dream; I agree that the horrors of Baro's world were just too gruesome to be connected to the true world of Pokemon. I even thought the "incompatible TM" thing with the Ludicolo was brilliant too. I really don't think that it should have driven Foxy to go insane IRL, though. All he (I'm assuming he... still not sure of the gender of the actual player) had to do was just have Foxy wake up, then explain the Ludicolo bad dream thing, and then Foxy's all pissed or whatever and story over. But knowing that Foxy now spends her days in a state of semiconsciousness in an insane asylum... I just don't like it. Got a little too attached to the character to be okay with that.

Having said all that though, everything up to that point was epic. It truly made the hack seem like a Lovecraftian horror version of Pokemon Ruby. The player didn't even have to exaggerate much to make it seem terrifying! And oh my god, some of those sprites were just... especially that rapist bear! What was Baro ON when he made that???

In fairness, it answered A LOT to find out Baro was 15 when he started that hack. If I had tried to hack a Pokemon game at 15, I'm sure I would've come up with a lot of fucked-up shit too. Especially considering the language barrier, I thought he did a pretty good job. That doesn't mean the hack wasn't an absolutely hideous product overall, though.

SUPOIURA ENDO

Anyway, thanks a ton for posting this, X! The rest of you guys really do need to check this out.

Also, Lemur, if you're reading this, you played Ruby on an emulator last year, right? You should totally use the format this guy used if you try that Nuzlocke again. That is, mostly in screencaps, with short captions underneath. 

--

The destructor has gone

December 1, 2011 at 5:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

I've been reading this off and on throughout the day and I have to say. it's pretty terriawesome.

Makes me want to get back to that Ruby hack I was working on.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

December 1, 2011 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Please make your hack better than this. And try, if you can, not to include yourself in the game in the stalker/rapist role. Also, if your sprites could maybe not cause small children to have TOO many nightmares, that'd be great too.

--

The destructor has gone

December 1, 2011 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Tentacle rape plants 'round erah corner.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

December 1, 2011 at 9:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Everybody knows those only exist in Japan.

--

The destructor has gone

December 1, 2011 at 9:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments