Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Music

Vesicant Lemur

Something seems to be missing. It's a very important thing, but as far as I've seen (which, admittedly, is not very far. Damn my short-sightedness), has not been discussed very much.

This thing, my friends, is Music.

So I give birth to this thread for the general discussion of music.

Rave about your favorite artist, rant about the band you hate or just share some cool music you found.

-----

Enjoy throwing back vodka shots like a Norseman, but feel the experience is lacking something? I believe I have just the thing:

Korpiklaani

Vodka, Happy Little Boozer, Beer Beer

You can't wrong when half the band's discography are drinking songs.

-----

Getting bored of the same old shit? How about OPERA METAL!

Diablo Swing Orchestra

Lucy Fears the Morning Star*, A Rancid Romance, Bedlam Sticks

*If you don't like this one, just skip to about 4:30. The song just completely switches gears at 4:45 into an all-out Salsa breakdown that simply must be heard.

-----

Depressed? Having a crappy day? WELL GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER WITH SOME INSPIRING BATTLE METAL!

Turisas

Stand Up and Fight, Take the Day, The March of the Varangian Guard

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

November 15, 2011 at 2:10 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Holy shit Lemur, I think Korpiklaani might be my new favorite band. All of that was really good actually, bravo.

To contribute, I give you Nick's List of Underrated Bands/Songs I Was Introduced To By Sports Video Games.

Starting out, games like MLB: The Show and EA's college baseball game were too small to afford to license any "cool" music, so they got some kind of under-the-radar stuff and a lot of it was really good. However, after about 2007 these games were either cancelled (the college baseball game) or took off commercially (MLB: The Show) sooo nothing on here is newer than that. Typing out this list makes me feel really old .____. Also, I apologize if the quality of some of these YouTube links is a little bad, it's really hard to find good quality uploads of some of these... a good pair of headphones and you'll be fine though.

The Audition - Approach the Bench

City Sleeps - Prototype

Action Action - Paper Cliche 

Boy Sets Fire - Handful of Redemption

Stab the Matador - Low Rider

Also, I'd like to call your attention to the work of Duane and BrandO. Their Mega Man 2 rap is the best.

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2011 at 1:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

That rap is amazing. I think I've only ever played one Mega Man game and quit after 2 mins because of the difficulty. The story is really interesting though, especially The Protomen's interpretation of it.

As much as I hate EA, some of their games have some really good soundtracks. A few songs on the Burnout 3 soundtrack I thouroughly enjoyed, The F-Ups Lazy Generation being one of them.

So many good memories of trashing the fuck out of cars to that song...

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

November 15, 2011 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I gotta admit, I've never played them much either... most of what I know about the franchise actually comes from watching mtgxerxes' Let's Plays of the early games... Maybe once I finally get myself a decent controller for playing emulated games, I'll give one more of a shot. 

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2011 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator
Peer pressure got me listening to *some* techno.
--
November 16, 2011 at 11:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments