Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Zombies > Game Night?

Vesicant Lemur

So, Steam had their Halloween sale a while back and everyone should have gotten L4D & L4D2. I've been dedicating a good bit of time honing my zombie killing skills and now I'd like to play with some people I can actually talk to, instead of some random douchbags on the internet.

How about it?

A Left 4 Dead Game Night.

Currently, any night is good for me, but I often have shit pop up at the last minute due to my roomate.

---

And just like quitting cigarettes, I'm once again trying to be active here. Maybe if I set PR as my homepage...

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

November 13, 2011 at 11:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

^THIS.

This needs to get done.

Like the Lemur, I'm good any time. I know Diddy has L4D2 on Steam as well, so I guess the date will be decided by him. In this case, we have one opening remaining. Come on guys, don't make us play with a bot! Or worse, random internet douchebag (although I don't think anyone else here has Steam...)

Can't go wrong with a PR homepage. I am fully committed to making this work this time if I have ANYTHING to work with, which I definitely seem to so far. 

--

The destructor has gone

November 13, 2011 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

How about we try to get this thing going Thursday or Friday night?

--

November 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I agree. Seems as though it will be just the two of us. Oh well. Random douchebags are much more tolerable with even one bro. 

--

The destructor has gone

November 14, 2011 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator
I'd play Thursday
--
November 16, 2011 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I have a test Friday, so I really can't justify staying up Thursday night. It'll have to be Friday for me. Hell, Lemur, if you've got nothing else to do I guess you could go both nights?

Speaking of this though, I should probably go ahead and get all the latest updates now... I haven't played in months and every time I go awhile without playing, I'm always stuck updating stuff for like 2 hours... ugh. A nice Nintendo 64 does not have these problems -.-

--

The destructor has gone

November 16, 2011 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator
I'm at least 70% sure I could Friday, but I know I can 100% Thursday. So if Im right about Friday I could join you then if that's ok
--
November 17, 2011 at 12:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Lemur, you still good for Friday then?

--

The destructor has gone

November 17, 2011 at 12:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

I'm pretty sure I'm still good Friday. Roomate said something about getting a drunken DnD night going, but I'm fairly certain he won't remember in the morning. We'll see.

--

November 17, 2011 at 12:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Sounds like an interesting roomie to say the least...

--

The destructor has gone

November 17, 2011 at 12:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I'm in if someone can tell WTF is up with Steam. I haven't been able to get on in weeks. I can play tomorrow night for sure. I'm *always* up for some Zombie killing ;)

--

November 17, 2011 at 5:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Is your problem with getting on Steam or is it with loading Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam? Because I think I know what the issue is if the latter, no idea if the former. Best suggestion I can give you then is to delete Steam from your computer and re-download it.

--

The destructor has gone

November 17, 2011 at 6:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator
If its the game, you may have to uninstall the game itself and reinstall it.
--
November 17, 2011 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I deleted it and reinstalled it. I will be good for some zombie killing goodness whenever ya'll are. Just give me a time <3

--

November 17, 2011 at 11:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

For the time, how about 7-8ish? If you want to start earlier or later, just message me on Steam. Username's blueCartographer.

--

November 18, 2011 at 1:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I won't be on until about 10 at the earliest, but feel free to start without me. If you can tolerate a bot for a few rounds, you could make the game private to guarantee some random douche doesn't steal my spot. Honestly, bots are still better than almost every random person I've met online... Anyway, I'm Steam friends with everyone on here, so no matter who starts the lobby I should be able to easily join in.

--

The destructor has gone

November 18, 2011 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

I was just throwing a time out there. If 10 is more convenient, we can do it then.

--

November 18, 2011 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

10 sounds good, but don't hate me if I'm just a little late.

--

The destructor has gone

November 18, 2011 at 6:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator
My driver is being a dick all of a sudden, and I can't use the internet. I apologize guys, ill get it fixed and hopefully be able to play with you soon
--
November 19, 2011 at 12:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

So it turned out to just be the Lemur and me, but it still kicked ass.

We played Dead Center and Hard Rain on Normal, and we really didn't break a sweat. Probably could have done Advanced but with only two humans and me not having played in forever, didn't think that was a very good idea.

On the very first level of Dead Center, I got Jockeyed out the window for an insta-kill. You know how usually they lead you to the edge and you hang on for dear life? No. Not this time. Just a straight kill. Only time that's ever happened to me. Other than that though, neither of us were ever even so much as incapped.

On Hard Rain I set a new record for damage to the Witch in one level with 10305, but once you get over 9000 no one really cares anyway.

By far the coolest thing that happened tonight though was that we actually ran into the Jimmy Gibbs Jr. zombie model!!! I've been waiting two years for this day. Lemur was able to get a screencap, so look for that to be posted soon! It was glorious.

So yeah, in terms of participation it was definitely a far cry from the PR-rallying event I'm sure Lemur was hoping for, but it was still more than worthwhile anyway. You guys missed out! Hell of a good time.

--

The destructor has gone

November 19, 2011 at 2:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments