Forum Home > General Discussion > State of PR Address

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

06NOV11

Members: 2-5

Comeback Attempt No.: 4

Motivation: Sheer Boredom

Expectations: N/A

It seems as though there may actually be some chance of having something worth visiting here. I am interested in making this happen. Anyone, post anything you think others may want to see. You can write a story, you can play a Nuzlocke and narrate it, more simply than X is doing if you so desire (see my first couple of runs for an example of how to put no effort into it at all), you can post videos, you can start forum games, or just open up any topic of discussion on anything you desire. We just need content, of any and all descriptions.

For my part, this week I'll begin linking the FireRed Nuzlocke videos I've been posting on my DA account onto the videos section of this site. For those non-Pokemon fans out there, you've probably noticed I started a BioShock Let's Play that I will soon be continuing; look for a new video every weekday, alternating between BioShock and FireRed throughout the week. I'll spend this week getting PR up to date with FireRed; look for BioShock to continue next week.

Xelakian has promised to continue his Spiritual Superconductor Nuzlocke narration, and expects to be able to post an update later this week.

Captain F. Magic is around as always. If what you post is worthy of comment, expect one from him at some point.

Tamoria has been active in the well-being of this site since her arrival, and while I doubt she'll be bringing any new projects to us right away, I'm confident she'll be back to comment on and contribute to anything else posted.

The other members of this site, I have largely lost contact with. New content of any varitey from any person is welcome, though. 

I'm open to any ideas for how to make this place better. Any aspirations I had for this site have long since faded, and my ideal scenario is now for this to get back to what it was around December-January of last year. That is, a tiny online community talking about whatever they damn well please.

This is not and has never been a "Pokemon site." It just so happened that the site's primary contributors (myself included) were all huge fans of the franchise, and whenever a Pokemon-related topic did surface, it naturally got a substantial ammount of attention, so that by comparison, other topics seemed largely ignored. My BioShock LP is an attempt to provide content aside from Pokemon, and anyone else's non-Pokemon-related content is just as welcome as any additional Pokemon-related content.

On a Pokemon-related note, however, I am actively seeking any and all challenges to standard wifi battles, even in 5th Gen (Black/White). Understand that any battle may be recorded and posted here as a way to further generate content. I'll soon fix up the "pKmN BAT-AL ROYAL!!!!" section to include 5th Gen rules as well.

--

The destructor has gone

November 6, 2011 at 11:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Awesome, so we're making this happen? I was hoping PR would make a return! Yeah, I'm definitely not starting any sort of writing projects soon, but I'd be happy to just discuss and comment. So I guess, let's get this party restarted!

--

November 7, 2011 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

Well, well, well.. a PR revival huh? I am always up for that, my friend.

I've got a few friends up here at school that will probably be interested in the site and such.

Quick synopsis: You know Diddy is always up for another call-to-arms to improve the site!

--

November 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Been slowly working on a couple of projects of my own lately, whether or not those come to fruition there's no telling. All depends on my level of boredom. But I'm always here to offer my opinion/trollage.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

November 9, 2011 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Awesome, guys. I'd love to see new members and new content here. If we can just keep everyone posting, that's all we need. I can't stress enough that you call should post topics about whatever the hell you feel like whenever you can spare the time.

I have updated the page formerly known as "pKmN BAT-AL ROYAL!!!!" to both further clarify its purpose and include preliminary 5th Gen rules. I'd like to also stress that everything there as of now, including the banned list, is completely my own subjective opinion, and I would like to change that. If anyone has any issues with the rules I have in place, please post a thread where we can iron them out. Is there anyone else even slightly competitively-ready in 5th Gen? (at least one team of fully EV trained lv.100 Pokes with items) The rules I have in place currently feature major deviations from Smogon's bullshit attempt at an early tiers list current standard, so keep that in mind.

Regarding 4th Gen, there was so much dissent with the borderline choices for that banned tier that I went ahead and changed everything to Smogon standard. As much as I hate Smogon, this is because Salamence and Garchomp have been uber for so long now that they have gained a certain stigma among the general competitive community, and I fear their allowance would scare any potential newcomers. However, if you read the updated rules you'll see a blurb about breaking the ranks with the consent of both players. So, Diddy, for example, I've battled you enough to know you like to use Mence, and I don't personally object, so it is to be understood that when we battle, he's allowed (unless in a site-wide tournament or similar event that I never had luck organizing before). So basically, as long as you and your opponent communicate pre-battle, you guys can basically do whatever you want. Just please do read and be familiar with the site rules before battling. All rules are assumed in effect unless changed pre-battle; this is especially important for the oft-ignored "hax item clause."

--

The destructor has gone

November 9, 2011 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

Can't say I'm thrilled to have my Mence on the ban list, but I guess being able to use it in a few matches is better than none! I'll get to work on bringing a few of my friends into the mix. Are there any plans for some kind of 'Welcome back, PR!" party of some sort? BATTLE NIGHT!! or something like that would probably be good imo.

BTW- I *still* want to see progress on aPokelypse Now! I need to see what became of Diddy and Jivide! Also, I need a narrative of how much ass Zippo can kick ;)

--

November 10, 2011 at 12:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

B "Diddy" M at November 10, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Can't say I'm thrilled to have my Mence on the ban list, but I guess being able to use it in a few matches is better than none! I'll get to work on bringing a few of my friends into the mix. Are there any plans for some kind of 'Welcome back, PR!" party of some sort? BATTLE NIGHT!! or something like that would probably be good imo.

BTW- I *still* want to see progress on aPokelypse Now! I need to see what became of Diddy and Jivide! Also, I need a narrative of how much ass Zippo can kick ;)

I agree; I personally don't think Salamence or Garchomp should be banned. They just have too many counters, i.e. anything fast with an Ice move. When do you see Mamoswine and Weavile anymore? You don't, because their primary function was to counter those two dragons. Stupid. Anyway, fair or not, that is how the game is seen now, and I think we'd lose a lot of credibility by allowing him just because that's been the standard for so long. So even though I think it's wrong, because we HAVE to be as inviting as possible in order to survive, I think catering to that perception is the best move =/ Regardless, I'll never object to your Mence, and I openly encourage everyone else to raise a Mence too.

That's actually a great idea, although I think it may have to wait a bit. I'm always game and I'm sure you can work something out, Diddy, but for one thing, I'm not sure how many battling members we can expect to have back. Tamoria has actually become an excellent battler, but she has to leave campus to find compatible wifi as of now. So if we want her to participate (Trust me, we do. She's damn good), we'll have to find some way to fit that in. And as far as I know, Captain and Xerxes still don't play competitively.

So Winter Break sounds like the best time to me because I know we could easily fit Tam in too, but I only wonder if we can hold this reunion together for that long. Thanksgiving is a little iffy since every school seems to handle that differently, so some people have time to go home, some don't, etc.

I'm sure we can set up something where everyone can at least drop by the chat, but it may have to be the Nick and Diddy show. I propose we wait a few more days to see who all comes back (and who of your friends decides to join) and probably post a more formal thread about it next week. But I LOVE the idea. Those BATTLE NIGHT!!!!s were the best.

Ugh. I have to admit I've fallen really behind with that. I don't really have a good excuse either =/ This weekend looks like it'll be pretty light for me though, and if it stays that way, I'll force myself to get back on track. I think I kind of got stuck because I feel I'm dangerously close to spending way too much time in the gym. There's one more thing I wanna do with Vi before they leave, but I think it may take too long.

--

The destructor has gone

November 10, 2011 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

I'd love to get into competitive battling, but with work and everything the free time I do have gets spent on catching up on everything else. Eventually I'll dig into it, though.

Hopefully some time before gen VI.

--

November 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Captain F. Magic at November 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM

I'd love to get into competitive battling, but with work and everything the free time I do have gets spent on catching up on everything else. Eventually I'll dig into it, though.

Hopefully some time before gen VI.

If time is an issue, I can breed you enough guys for a couple of teams over a weekend, no problem. I can EV train them too if you want. If it'll help grow the site, I'll do it in a heartbeat.

--

The destructor has gone

November 11, 2011 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

That would be pretty cool, but training my first competitive is something I want to do myself. Sort of a pride thing, even if I fuck everything up and lose horribly.

I'm gonna give myself until the end of November to get done. Maybe I can hack it.

--

November 15, 2011 at 10:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Hell, if you hack it it'll only take ~30 minutes.

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2011 at 1:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Booo. The only thing I'd hack, if anything, would likely be the EV training items.
I kind of hate the Battle Frontier.

--

November 15, 2011 at 10:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

As vocally against hacking as I am, even I could not blame anyone who hacked to avoid Battle Frontier. Although a Macho Brace works just as well as the individual EV items, if you're training in the right hotspots...

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2011 at 11:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

I tried that for a while while playing on FR. Got bored with that pretty fast.

--

November 15, 2011 at 11:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

No, really, it's just as good.

Let's say you're training HP. The Power Weight gives you 4 additional HP EVs at the end of each battle. The Macho Brace gives you 4 additional EVs of whatever kind you just earned for defeating the opponent. So if you're training in an area where the only things that appear give only HP EVs (such areas do exist), then for all intents and purposes, Macho Brace = Power Weight.

And of course, if you're infected with Pokerus, those 4 additional EVs become 8 additional EVs, and filling up a stat only takes about 20 minutes.

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2011 at 11:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

I've never had the pokerus. It makes me sad.
Chances are I'll just hack the items into my game though, since I am lazy.
Action Replay Go!

--

November 16, 2011 at 12:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I could send you some Pokerus carriers, but for that matter it'd probably be faster to just get Rus with the AR...

--

The destructor has gone

November 16, 2011 at 12:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

I can live without it.
It's another thing I'd like to happen under my own power/luck.

--

November 16, 2011 at 12:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Then I do wish you luck with that, comrade.

--

The destructor has gone

November 16, 2011 at 12:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments