Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Xelakian's SS (Spiritual Superconductor) Nuzlocke Run

Xelakian

Yeah, it sure seems that way. I'm personally looking forward to getting either a Geodude or Zubat from Dark Cave soon though. Also, I hope to Arceus I don't get loaded with a Hoppip later on.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

August 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

But Hoppip is AWSHUM!

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

August 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Captain F. Magic at August 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM

But Hoppip is AWSHUM!

-generic post of agreement-

--

The destructor has gone

August 18, 2011 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Crimson DESTR0YA at August 18, 2011 at 12:09 AM

Captain F. Magic at August 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM

But Hoppip is AWSHUM!

-generic post of agreement-

We REALLY need a "like" function.

--

August 18, 2011 at 12:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

the way the site editor has been working lately, i'm lucky to be able to add links to the homepage. seriously.

--

The destructor has gone

August 18, 2011 at 12:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Does the "jump to the first page of the thread instead of the last" problem persist on Chrome?

--

August 18, 2011 at 12:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i just tested it and yes, sadly, it does.

--

The destructor has gone

August 18, 2011 at 12:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Damn.
It really bugs the shit out of me, but I guess I'll live.

In other news: I got bored and didn't do anything with that PokeROM.
As usual.

--

August 18, 2011 at 12:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Hey, sorry it's been a while since my last post. My roommate had the internet, and I'll be getting it back soon. There is a VERY large update coming though. Also, I have a few potential new members in the works.

--

August 31, 2011 at 9:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Xelakian at August 31, 2011 at 9:04 PM

Hey, sorry it's been a while since my last post. My roommate had the internet, and I'll be getting it back soon. There is a VERY large update coming though. Also, I have a few potential new members in the works.

this post excites me greatly, both because of the upcoming very large update and the potential new members. no need to worry about the hiatus, man. a lot of us have been gone the last week or so because of back-to-school stuff, but now i'm back in full capacity, Tamoria should be as well, and the Good Captain is lurking as always. we may finally have something here, if real life can butt out enough to allow us to do so.

--

The destructor has gone

August 31, 2011 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Waiting...waiting...waiting...patiently...waiting...

--

September 1, 2011 at 12:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

...my apologies for not updating sooner. We're preparing for comp, so deadlines are closing in all around me. I will this weekend with a super-mega-huge update.

...unless something goes incredibly wrong.

--

September 13, 2011 at 4:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

let us hope that nothing goes horribly wrong, then.

--

The destructor has gone

September 13, 2011 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Haven't been here in forever. Finals for nuke school suck. I need to take a look at what I did, and remember what all I did. Expect an update later this week.

--

November 5, 2011 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Whoo!

--

November 5, 2011 at 11:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Just when I'm resolved to giving up on this damn site, somebody has to come along and save it... Not that I'm really complaining, and not that I'm not really looking forward to your next update (double negatives ftw).

But you know... if you two will stay around, Captain and X, and I know I can bring Tam back in a heartbeat... maybe, just maybe, we've got one more comeback in us.

--

The destructor has gone

November 6, 2011 at 12:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

THIS.
We can do it.

Challenge accepted.

--

November 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Totally on board now. And looking forward to seeing this return!

--

November 7, 2011 at 3:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Day 3: The Long, Dark Silence

Though it's only been a day, it feels as though months have passed. Months since NePreyta died, months since I woke up, realizing I was a plaything of whatever god of time rules over me. Months since...

I make my way up to Route 31, where I find a Weedle I name Lusus. After much training, she evolves, first into a Kakuna, then a Beedrill. Looking at her, I can't help but be reminded of the noble sacrifice of Medicine back in Kanto. I could not let the same fate befall my Lusus.

After some exploration, I found an old shortcut I remembered. A dark cave that led from Violet City to Blackthorn. It used to be an actual tunnel, but after various sinkholes tore it apart, it was no longer quite as functional. I entered fully knowing that I couldn't possibly get to Blackthorn, but I did catch a Geodude, naming her Aradia, and leaving, knowing there was no way to navigate that place.

I finally decide to go into Violet City proper. I'd been avoiding it. Not the gym as much as the people. I seek solitude in the Sprout Tower, a temple at the north end of town. Unfortunately, a number of the monks were Pokemon trainers, seeking enlightenment through battle or some shit like that. I leave them that much closer to their goal and continue on my way, going in the only direction I can: up.

I find a Ghastly, naming him Gamzee. I make it to the top of the tower to find the elder doing battle with Alex. His Cyndaquil burninates the elders Bellsprout and Hoothoot as though they were kindling. After recieving his prize and a berration, Alex jumps out a window, sliding down a rope. I defeat the elder with ease, and he tells me that I obviously care for my Pokemon. I follow Alex out of the window, not knowing how to feel about the elders words.

I decide to finally head to the Gym. It's also a tower, very similar structurally to the temple. I soon remember why. Falkner, the leader, is fucking insane. He expects trainers, just starting out, to battle him three stories up on an open catwalk. I head up, much to my dismay. The catwalk is completely exposed to the elements, allowing wind to easily blow trainers and Pokemon off. And there, at the far end of the catwalks he stood, dressed in a kimono. He threw down his Pidgey and Pidgeotto. I had Aradia prove her worth to the team. I'm not certain where she materialized them from, but she rained down rocks on Falkners birds and sent them crashing to the ground. Falkner gave me the Zephyr Badge and I left the crazy birdman to his acrophiliac ways.

I head south, where I find a Bellsprout that I think is 2tupiid, putting it in storage, probably indefinitely. A little further along, I catch a drifting Hoppip that I name WywrdVgbnd (Wayward Vagabond didn't fit...). I store him for later as well. I enter the Union Cave, trying to get to Azalea Town with little to no incident.

Oh. Right. Zubats.

I catch one (S0llux) and have Lusus and Aradia clear a path through the rest of them. Goddamned bats.

Slowpoke Well, just outside Azalea, is being guarded by Team Rocket. Why am I not surprised? Oh, right, because I remember this bit. Kurt chases them down and leaves the rest to me. I thrash Team Rocket, and find the executive member in charge of this operation. Proton. I make short work of his Zubat and Koffing, telling him to leave Johto, or our next encounter will be his last. My words mean nothing to him. I leave him to explain his failure to the police, his underlings and the other executives. Maybe, just maybe, they'll have some burst of insight, realize that the great Xerxes, who destroyed their whole organization twice already, is tired of dealing with their shit, and leave. Probably not though.

As I was leaving the well, I found an egg. After picking it up, I find the thing was already hatched. A Togepi. Of course it is. And it thinks I'm it's parent. Of course it does. Nope, Paradox clones get put into storage until I need them.

I now stand in Azalea Town, waking up from a long, long sleep.

NEW

Lusus (Beedrill F)

-Timid Nature

-Somewhat of a clown

Aradia (Geodude F)

-Modest Nature

-Capable of taking hits

Gamzee (Ghastly M)

-Calm Nature

-Scatters things often

2tupiid (Bellsprout M)

-Quirky Nature

-Likes to relax

WywrdVgbnd (Hoppip M)

-Lax Nature

-Likes to thrash about

S0llux (Zubat M)

-Timid Nature

-Good perseverance

Paradox (Togepi M)

-Adamant Nature

-Sturdy body

--

November 8, 2011 at 12:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I'm not even sure exactly what it is, but I love this style. It's concise, yet filled with subtle details that let us right in Xerxes' head. This update was a quick and easy read but it made plenty of progress and wasn't lacking in any sort of quality. Great stuff, bro. Can't wait for moar.

--

The destructor has gone

November 8, 2011 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments