Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Webs is Whack

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

most of you have reported serious problems with the site here lately. i myself have noticed a few double posts, i've also noticed that the aPokelypse Now! thread (TWO new chapters posted today, btw) defaults to page 1, even when you click to it from the sidebar (which is highly inconvenient for such a large thread).

i'm convinced this is a problem with our host itself, because as the admin, i'm also having weird problems with the management functions.

i think you've all noticed how outdated the homepage is by now, but i just can't change it. what's strange is it's giving me different issues with different web browsers. when i try to edit the page in Safari, it treats me like i'm simply clicking a regular page, as in the typing cursor won't appear. i can highlight text, but i can't copy or cut it or add to it in any way. however, in Firefox i CAN do all these things, but when i hit "publish" it never saves my changes, even though i get the confirmation message each time.

this problem has persisted distrubingly long now, and i would really hope if this were a site-wide issue, a site as big as Webs would have fixed it by now. if this persists a few days, i'll email support and see if i can get any info. for now, i apologize for all the sucking the site is doing at the moment.

--

The destructor has gone

July 30, 2011 at 10:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

No problem, NIck, its only minorly inconvenient.  I mean, very few people actually use this site so its not like you are going to get the Interweb Suck Poll stuffed down your throat for it.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

July 30, 2011 at 11:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i found a way to edit the homepage, but i'm going to hang on for a couple more days to see if they fix the issue themselves, as this editor is very primitive and doesn't have the old fonts, or the clean hyperlinking capabilities of the one that should be working.

i contacted support and they were utterly useless. i'm confidant my note explaining the issue wasn't even read in its entirety based on the response i got. so basically, it's down to waiting until they fix it on their own, or accept the watered-down editor.

i am so glad i didn't give money to these people.

--

The destructor has gone

August 1, 2011 at 3:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

If that is the case I am glad you didn't give money to them too.  I mean, jeez...and I have a feeling they aren't going to fix it themselves anytime soon.

Have you checked the INternet to see if this is a local problem to you, or a wider problem to lots of Webs users?

--

August 1, 2011 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i can't find anything hinting to a more widespread issue, which concerns me.

--

The destructor has gone

August 1, 2011 at 4:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Have you tried the editor on IE?  I know you use a Mac, but maybe it'll work on that browser as shitty as it is.  There is also Google Chrome, which while not perfect, tends to work on things FF fails on. 

--

August 1, 2011 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i've asked my dad to bring his Windows-based laptop home tonight, and i'm going to try editing it on that. if that doesn't work, then i'll know it's on Webs' end.

--

The destructor has gone

August 1, 2011 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Chrome was the answer. I'm falling more in love with Google by the day.

--

The destructor has gone

August 1, 2011 at 9:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Google is pretty much awesome.  Its browser isn't the best ever, but its defnately useful.

--

August 1, 2011 at 10:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments