Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > Reshiram + Zekrom = ?

Mitsuo-Dexl

Okay, so the games talk about Zekrom and Reshiram being one Pokemon, once.  I also notice that part of their trio (I think its called the Tao Trio), Kyurem is never mentioned, once.  Not even slightly.  On top of this, there are elements in Kyurem's design that are very similar to either Zekrom or Reshiram.  Of course, I have no idea how a Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric form together to make a Dragon/Ice, but whatever.  This is Game Freak we are talking about, wierder things have happened.

This leads to believe that Kyurem is the Pokemon that Reshiram and Zekrom were before their split, and that if they make a third game for this generation, the story will reflect this.  I may be late to the boat, and you guys may have figured this already, but I thought I'd share it.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

July 28, 2011 at 2:47 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

this is the widespread speculation, but how a fire dragon and an electric dragon make an ice dragon is beyond me as well.

so yeah, the theoretical "Grey Version" will probably feature Kyurem as a mascot. but something's telling me they might radically deviate from their formula this time around.

--

The destructor has gone

July 28, 2011 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Well since the story was radically improved upon in this series it wouldn't surprise me if they take a 3rd game to new heights as well. 

I never thought of Reshiram and Zekrom together becoming Kyrurem. In my head Kyurem is the Precipitate of the split. The hollow shell left over. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

July 28, 2011 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

The troll came back. Everybody run.

I personally ascribe  to something similar to CJ's theory. That Kyurem is the shell left behind from something greater.

Zekrom and Reshiram represent yin and yang. Kyurem represents the absence of both. And since both yin and yang are necessary to a being this would explain why Kyurem is weaker than the others (at least in point totals).

At least that's what I believe.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

July 28, 2011 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

CJ and the Captain make some valid points, and since your idea is pretty close to mine, I'll go ahead and take what you guys say.  I'm not totally convinced a third game will be made, because the story will need a complete overhaul to fit Kyurem into the story, assuming he is in fact what Zekrom and Reshiram were when they were together.

This raises another question, if Reshiram is the pursuit of truth, and Zekrom the badas---I mean, pursuit of ideals, what does that make Kyurem?  The pursuit of both?

--

July 28, 2011 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Given that he could be the absence of both, he would likely be the pursuit of nothing.

Stagnation.

--

July 28, 2011 at 3:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Ooooh. He's good.

--

Ask me about my waifus

July 28, 2011 at 5:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Also expanding on this working theory, and in accordance with Pokemon lore, I would have to guess that the master for the Tao Trio would likely be original being that the three sprung from.

At least it would be really cool if that were true, and it didn't look ridiculous.

--

July 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

The only trio that has a master though is the Legendary Golems, unless you count Arceus being the master of the Creation Trio.

--

July 28, 2011 at 8:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Nearly every trio that I can think of has a master.

Lugia for the Birds
Ho-oh for the Beasts
Regigigas for the Golems
Rayquaza (internally) for the Weather
Arceus for Creation
Cobalion (I believe) for the Musketeers

--

July 28, 2011 at 8:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

You are missing the Lake Guardians and the Kami Trio, both of which don't have masters (that have been revealed as of yet).

While I see where you are getting the Lugia and Ho-oh thing from, thats a bit of a stretch, if you ask me.  I mean, the only connection between them is the in a movie Lugia and Ash stopped the Legendary Birds from fighting, and Ho-oh is what revived the Legendary Beasts, but that to me doesn't say they are the Masters of that group as much as Regigigas and Arceus are masters of their trio.

I also have a hard time calling Rayquaza master of his trio, since he is a part of the trio he governs (assuming I accept Lugia and Ho-oh in their roles).  I'm not too savy on the story of D/P/Pl, but doesn't Giratina do the same thing for Dialga and Palkia that Rayquaza does for Groudon and Kyogre?  If thats true, and Rayquaza IS  the master of that trio, then Giratina would have to share a role with Arceus.

I guess it could also be argued that Manaphy is the master of the Lake Guardians, being the Sea Guardian and all, but thats a real big stretch since Manaphy has never been connected to the Lake Guardians.

--

July 28, 2011 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

I'm just going with what I know to be canon for the universe.

And I believe that Arceus is also the leader for the Soul Trio (or whatever the name for it is), which is kind of cheap, but he is god.

Rayquaza gets to be the boss since he can effectively negate the powers of the other two in his Trio.

Arceus gets to be the boss because of the way he is summoned I suppose: with the respective orbs of the members of the creation trio. Also I suspect he gets both the Creation and Soul Trios because they represent the Physical and Metaphysical elements of the world he created. And he's God. So yeah.

As for the Gen 5 Trios, I don't know much, especially about the Genie Trio.

--

July 28, 2011 at 9:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Is the Soul Trio the Lake Guardians?

--

July 28, 2011 at 9:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Yop.

--

July 28, 2011 at 9:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

To my knowledge Regigigas is the only one who is named "Master" of his Trio. Otherwise, as I understand it.

The Anime Movie Pokemon 2000 lists Lugia as master of Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres. However, all 4 of these Pokemon aren't unique in the sense there is only 1, so I would imagine that Ruling is only regional.

Ho-oh and the Dogs are the same as Lugia and the birds above, they are unique and powerful Pokemon, but they are not the only one of their kind. (Go figure how there are more than one Dogs though.)

Arceus is Master of both Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina because each of those Pokemon is just a small piece for balance amongst the cosmos. Oddly enough (if the games are to be credited) then Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina are like the Birds and Dogs in that there is more than one. I say this because you watch Arceus CREATE a new P/D/G in HG if you complete the Arceus event.

Like P/D/G, Rayquaza is just another part of a Trio. I don't think he is actually the master of Groudon and Kyogre, just the most powerful. (But it has been a while since i played Emerald in English, so I may be dead wrong)

Never heard of a Master for the Lake Guardians, besides Arceus (who kinda rules everone since he is God)

The Musketeers... I don't know anything about the stories but what Captain says seems right. All I know is its NOT Keldo. 

EDIT: Damn, I was late as I wrote this.

--

Ask me about my waifus

July 28, 2011 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

It doesn't matter if you're late to the party.

All that matters is that you showed up.

I'll admit that there aren't a whole lot of hard facts backing up my arguments, but I do believe them to be true.

I also I believe I hate my spacebar.

--

July 28, 2011 at 9:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I don't think there are a whole lot of hard facts backing up anything we've said here, really.  I mean, I speak mostly from the games (since I have not seen any but two of the movies) and the games offer nothing about the legendaries other then the important ones.

--

July 28, 2011 at 9:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

It's obvious then.

WE MUST CREATE OUR OWN CANON!

Or just live with it.

--

July 28, 2011 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

CREATE!