Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > Gen 5 Salvation

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Want to play Black and White competitively, but have both a life that doesn't allow you to spend countless hours grinding and the moral integrity that prevents one from Sav'ing?

PR, I have finally found the answer to this age-old (4 months old) conundrum. Just follow these simple steps to legitimately-trained, lv.100 Pokemon:

1. Breed and EV train the Pokemon as you would have in Gen 4.

2. Taking advantage of such tools as Cheren/Bianca/Cynthia/Morimoto/Royal Unova/Sports Arenas/wild Audino, level the Pokemon up naturally until it no longer learns moves, or at least won't learn enough to forget any egg moves. For most Pokes, this is around lv.60, and with the plethora of tools I just described, is quite easy and relatively painless to do. Refer to Bulbapedia/Serebii to know for sure on a case-by-case basis.

3. Depost two Pokemon that meet the above criteria in the day-care.

4. Fly to the Gear Station in Nimbasa City.

5. Position the player so that he/she is one tile away from the extreme outer edge.

6. Tape/clamp down the down and B buttons of the DS. Brotip: make sure it's charging as well.

7. Allow to sit for 18-30 hours, depending on the level the Pokemon you deposited were.

8. Remove tape, return to day-care, pay exorbitant fees, assure no vital moves were forgotten, and enjoy your two new competitively-ready lv.100 Pokemon!

For the record, this is not my idea, though I feel like an idiot for not coming up with this myself. I got this from a vid posted by Kooper Koushiro, a YouTube bro of mtgxerxes' and one of the few remaining players who doesn't Sav. If anything wasn't clear about my description, I encourage you to check out the original here. Also recommend subbing this guy; he's highly underrated as a battler and like I said, he does it legit.

All in all, this probably means I'll at least try this generation more than I have. Honestly, this removes any excuse not to. I still hate what it appears to be evolving into as Smogon has taken even more control, but maybe we can help change the culture, eh?

--

The destructor has gone

July 15, 2011 at 2:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I'm not going to complain about your method if it gets you to battle me!

Ultimately isn't that what we've always said? Create our own Metagame? I'm still very interested in doing that, even though there aren't many of us to create with. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

July 15, 2011 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

yeah, but we still need to get more people on board. two people a metagame does not make. my hope is that this little trick here will encourage more people to join in though.

--

The destructor has gone

July 15, 2011 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Indeed!

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

July 15, 2011 at 6:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

testing my first two Pokemon via this method... i'll check back in at appx. 10:30pm tomorrow night. i expect Harmony will have the legs of Usain Bolt by then, too.

--

The destructor has gone

July 15, 2011 at 7:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i've done this method enough to confirm that i love it. lv.60 is the magic number to strive for for pokemon that max out at 1,000,000 exp, and lv.70 for pokemon who need 1,250,000. after that, 30 hours of running in Gear Station gets you there.

i really, really hope this is enough to convince you guys to try to battle in Gen 5. it's not going to get any easier than this; they're not bringing back autoleveling and they're not getting rid of team reveal. this is just how Nintendo wants us to play now.

am i advocating dumping all your hard work in Gen 4 into Gen 5? absolutely not. please don't do that. i love Gen 4 leaps and bounds above Gen 5 still. in fact, i think it only gets better for Gen 4 from here on out. Smogon is shifting its Evil Eye of Sauron to the Gen 5 metagame, leaving US to take control of the poor, broken down Gen 4. so guys like Tam who are just getting into Gen 4, please do not change what you're doing.

i just hope you'll start doing this as well. it really is as simple as raising them as you would have in Gen 4, then taking them to 60-70 manually and clamping your buttons down for a day and a half for every two pokes. is it fun or easy? no way, but it's not Sav'ing, and that's your only other option, unless you want to battle Morimoto every day for a month just to get a damn Ferrothorn up there. i did that. my whole first team, Randy Moss, Slickback, Mother War, SUCCESS, Alcatraz V, and Queen Nimbus. i bred and raised them all from scratch by myself. i know what it's like, and it sucks, and i'm not willing to do it again just so i can battle Pokemon. i would rather play Gen 4 my whole life.

but this is a happy medium. you still don't have to cheat, you can still say you play the game legit, and you still have time to LIVE. i want us to take over this generation, guys. me and CJ and Diddy and Tam, and whoever the hell else wants to just on board, just so long as they aren't brainwashed by Smogon. we can create our own metagame, our own ubers, we can play the game how WE want to and we can do it just as well as that team of losers with the Koffing logo. we can do it better. we can do it without Sav, WITH the integrity of the game still intact. we can play the game the way we want to. the right way, whatever way we decide that is.

now, i'll help anyone any way i can. i think we're all past needing help EV training. i know Diddy and CJ are pros at breeding. Tam, i don't know how much breeding you've done but i can definitely help you with that if you need me to. if any of you really want me to, you can trade me two guys at a time and i'll level them for you. the downside of course is that i'll know what they are, but as long as you fix up the movesets beforehand so they don't forget anything important, i can promise not to look at them.

finally, if you need a little extra help getting there, take advantage of PotW. that's how i got my awesome Shiny Uxie; CJ made it for me as a birthday present. yes, i am against Sav'ing, but this is different. this isn't Smogon's brand of Sav'ing. CJ doesn't see straight 31 IVs as a god-given right like they do; not even for himself. it's true that i feel the purpose of the game is destroyed by hacking all your Pokemon, but one freebie a week from a friend? come on, it's not even sort of the same thing. this week will be Flygon, an excellent sweeper to get anyone started. i'll bow out of this one to give someone else a shot, and if you choose to take him to B/W, you'll be off to a great start with a lv.100, totally ready guy waiting for you.

anyway, that's about all i have to say about this. this method makes it doable, and PotW only helps that much more. let's take over this generation, PR.

--

The destructor has gone

July 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

Hmmm.... very interesting. I'll try this for sure. It doesn't really involve more than Gen 4 since I can just leave it on for an extended period of time. I'll see if I can't get in on the Gen 5 scene now!

--

July 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

YES exactly what i was hoping for! Diddy, your spice is necessary to the formulation of the PR Gen 5 Metagame.

brotip: don't use tape. my first two took about an extra day because my B button came undone while i slept. either use weak clamps like Kooper does in the vid or weigh them down with the corners of textbooks or something. i have a system involving a chess piece sitting on a watch and a wooden rhino.

--

The destructor has gone

July 20, 2011 at 10:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments