Forum Home > Pokemon > BATTLE NIGHT!!!! 4

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Thursday, July 14, tentative start time of 8pm

as always, these are the two places to know:

http://predictablerandomness.webs.com/pkmnbatalroyal.htm

and

http://tinychat.com/prbattlenight

i know this is like the third tinychat account we've had for this, but this one is final and permanent. i actually set up a legit account this time, so this will fix the problems we had last time, such as the whole moderator shuffle thing and not everyone being able to upload and stuff.

we can meet up on group chat like we always have or we can just go straight to the tinychat. whatever you guys wanna do.

also... just for this, i finally ordered an external webcam today! this means if it works (and it should; it's the same one mtgxerxes uses) not only will i be able to actually chat and stream at the same time, but it also means i can record all my battles live from now on! no more relying on VS Recorder, which means if an epic match is ruined by a D/C, it's not forever lost (and it makes narration a little easier). Amazon promises it'll be here tomorrow, so i'll mess around with it and let you know if it's gonna work.

one other note... this BATTLE NIGHT!!!! promises to mark the competitive debut of Tamoria! i've been helping her get started and wow. she may be new but she's legit, guys, trust me. with a little experience under her belt, she'll skyrocket to the ranks of elite PR battlers in no time. so let's help her get some of that experience in BATTLE NIGHT!!!!

HOO-AH!

--

The destructor has gone

July 11, 2011 at 4:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

So Creative BLATANTLY LIED to me about the camera i ordered being Macintosh-compatible. seriously, it just does not work, nor do the plug-ins provided (they also only work with Windows, ironically) and apparently i'm not the only one with this problem. i sent it back after filing complaints with Amazon and the Better Business Bureau.

tonight i'm having a practice battle and i'll experiment with a method involving two computers that will hopefully allow me to stream and chat at the same time. otherwise though, BATTLE NIGHT!!!! 4 continues as planned.

look for the return of Vesicant Lemur, who promised to drop by the chat and hang out for a bit. man i miss that guy.

--

The destructor has gone

July 12, 2011 at 2:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Good news on my side. I had more 4th Gen pokes than I thought. About 6 battleable teams + some randoms for Roulettes and Lulzlettes.

And, since 4th Gen is still the main battle form... I re-visited one of my most classic teams and changed it around. 8) 
So I'll be bringing new stuff even with my old.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

July 12, 2011 at 8:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

so after further review, it's not a Creative thing, turns out pretty much ALL external webcams don't like Macs. Creative is still wrong for saying it's supported on their box though; i would not have bought the damn thing if it didn't EXPLICITLY say it will work. so just for clarity, not saying the cam is a PoS. just that it's manufactured by manipulative liars. highly recommended to anyone running Windows.

so it looks like my options are to buy a Windows computer, figure out how to use Wine, or keep recording vids ghetto-style.

take a guess what i'm gonna do.

EDIT: in spite of myself, i did get Wine and i actually figured it out. however... Creative is one of the few Windows-based platforms Wine can't handle -.- God doesn't want me using this damned webcam. oh well. it's handy to know how to use Wine for other things at least.

--

The destructor has gone

July 12, 2011 at 10:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

BATTLE NIGHT!!!! is being pushed to Friday night (the 15th) unless anyone can't make it.

--

The destructor has gone

July 14, 2011 at 12:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I work late that night and am having company, so I will be absent.  Not that its a terrible loss, since I usually don't participate much, but just letting you know.

Don't push it more becuase of me, just letting you guys know I'm not there.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

July 14, 2011 at 1:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

It works just fine for me.
Best part is that everyone will have a chance to get one more PotW Pokemon before BATTLE NIGHT! Exciting!

Sorry you won't be there Del. o(

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

July 14, 2011 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

would Saturday work better for you, Del? i imagine that would be a good day for most of us too.

--

The destructor has gone

July 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I can't make it tonight myself. I had some stuff come up. I may be able to make it tomorrow or Saturday however. Depends on the time and everything.

--

July 14, 2011 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Saturday is as bad as Friday, for the same reasons, which is why I suggested you guys not to move it.  Its fine, no worries.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

July 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

okay, Friday night it is then. i shall update all the appropriate stuffs.

--

The destructor has gone

July 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments