Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Original Writings > Adventures of PR's Members

Mitsuo-Dexl

((I'll start.  This 'episode' of sorts is going to kind of be a pilot episode...sets up everything, but in the long run, may not be very important.))

THIS EPISODE OF 'Adventures of PR's Members' IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE TIME WHEN RPGS WERE PERFECT!!

So, after PR's recent...development...I decided to record our adventures.  You see, PR is a website developed by my friend Nick, and...well, it only has three active users (not counting  Nick).  I'm one of those users, and my friends CJ and Diddy are the two.  Its probably really good that PR has so few users...because recently, it has started sucking us into these random worlds based on the games, stories, and activities we love.

An interesting note is I'm recording this from inside one said world.  Today's world was not based on any game or world in particular, but it was based on the old turn-based RPGs.  We are currently imbroiled in battle with a group of thee goblins.  Now, you might be wondering why exactly I am writing during a battle...but as I said before, this world is based on turn-based RPGs.  So, we are taking turns attacking each other, and are powerless to act out of turn.  Right now, its CJ's turn.

Goblins are so easy to kill.  This world is kind of tilted in our favor, as the good guys (us) all get to go before all the bad guys get to go, and goblins die in one hit.  SInce there are three of them, and four of us...they won't even get a chance to attack.  Free XP and gold for us.  And to be honest, I don't even have to do anything.  I'm the last to go on my team.  SO while they attack, I can write.

Through previous adventures in this world, we have discovered several things in common with all worlds.  For one, death isn't permanent...in fact, death is one of two ways to escape any world.  The other, of course, is to 'beat' the world in a sense, as one would beat a video game.  Every world has its own goals, its own rules...so it always takes a little bit to figure out what we are supposed to do.  The other thing we've learned?  It does not matter how long we take in any given world.  Time doesn't pass in the real world.  We could live full lives in a particular world, die, and then wake up and find out that not even a single second has passed in the real world.  We all feel this could be problematic.  We try not to worry about it to much.

Oh, look, 10 experience, and 15 gold.  Diddy and Nick just leveled up, which is good, I guess.  But this means I can't write anymore right now.  As soon as we all find a way out of this world, I'll actually write about our adventures here...rather then just kind of setting things up.

((I'm not re-reading this to find errors or correct flow problems, and I encourage you to not do so on your chapters either.  This is meant to be laid back and fun, and I feel correcting errors and making your chapter perfect kind of takes that out of it.))

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

June 16, 2011 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

perfect intro. tying it into IRL PR was brilliant and masterfully done, pointing out the logical flaws of the turn-based RPG system was hilarious, and yet i love the genre so much that i got warm fuzzies just thinking of myself INSIDE that genre.

you have no idea what you just started.

--

The destructor has gone

June 16, 2011 at 12:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

This is awesome! So we pretty much just make a story to staple on to this a suppose? Filling in the personalities of people as we go? Hmmm... Interesting. IDK if I'll do Four Swords exactly (although I probably will since it makes the most sense) but it will definitely involve the Zelda Universe. Or should I say Link? o.O

--

June 16, 2011 at 6:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Feel free to do whatever universe you want.  I don't care if your chapter is set in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers universe.  This is supposed to be a fun way to write a story, with out any real rhyme or reason except to entertain your friends with how you think they'd react to appearing in different worlcs.

--

June 16, 2011 at 11:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

POWER RANGERS FANFIC FTW

--

The destructor has gone

June 17, 2011 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

No one else posted....?

--

June 21, 2011 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

started mine today after noticing the same thing. still not entirely sure where i wanna go with it yet, but it should be ready soon.

--

The destructor has gone

June 22, 2011 at 12:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I'm still not entirely sure what to do so I have been waiting for an example. Is this supposed to be a chapter based story or a one-shot?

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

June 22, 2011 at 8:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I don't think you'll like my responce, CJ, but thats up to you.  I was intending for a more episodic feel, so one-shot would fit that description better, but "To Be Continued" aren't a bad idea either.

In short, one-shot was what I was imagining, but if you would rather otherwise, go ahead.

--

June 22, 2011 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i'd like to make mine two or three episodes, but not if everyone else is doing one-shots.

--

The destructor has gone

June 22, 2011 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Do what you want, Nick.  I was expecting it to be more like a series of stories based on one central theme, but not necesarrily interconnected.  But if your story doesn't fit into a one-shot, then expand it into multiple chapters.  Cliff-hangers are always infuriatingly good.

--

June 23, 2011 at 12:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

oh... i think i finally see what you're trying to do here. that's a lot more doable that what i thought you were envisioning.

--

The destructor has gone

June 23, 2011 at 12:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Yeah I gotcha now. I'll get to work on a plotline!

--

Ask me about my waifus

June 23, 2011 at 11:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I'm working on mine as well, its just I have a lot of things going on right now!  And btw, I am now awesome.

--

June 24, 2011 at 12:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

if i ever pick Snivy in a future B/W run, i'm naming him Link now just because of your picture.

--

The destructor has gone

June 24, 2011 at 1:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

You haven't used Snivy yet?  If you've only done one run, this is marginally acceptable.  Otherwise....

Smugleaf looks down upon thy soul.

--

June 24, 2011 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Part 1 of my 2 Part series in the world of Fire Emblem! I took some liberties with the story and assumed we had been traveling around worlds for a while already. If anyone wants to write the stories I refrence go ahead. If not they will probably become my next projects. 

“Aww what the Hell man! I liked that last world!” Del exclaimed.

“Save it. Not everyone was lucky enough to be the main character in a Dating Sim you know.” Nick retorted.

“Alright guys, enough. Let’s just figure out where we are now.” Diddy said looking around.

We found ourselves in a peaceful green meadow surrounded by calm mountains. We could hear invigorating background music, but otherwise the area was silent.

“Oh god…” I whispered.

“What?” Nick said turning to face the way I was.

“Ohmygod. Omigod, omigod….” I squealed.

“Seriously CJ, what is it?” Del asked. The rest of the team followed my gaze curious as to what had me so riled up. Through some nearby trees, when the squinted, they party could see a group of adventurers gearing up.

“Oh man.” Del said planting his hand to his forehead.

“Dude don’t keep us in the dark! What are you guys seeing?” Nick said growing impatient.

I walked over and pointed to a girl closest to the party through the trees donning a bow. “That girl right there… that girl is Rebecca. One of the Best Snipers in the game.”

“Rebecca?” Nick said confused. “What game is she from?”

“The original Fire Emblem.” Del said un-enthusiastically. “Which means…”

“Oh god no.” Diddy shuddered.

“Yep.” Del added.

Together, Del, Nick, and Diddy gave a collective groan.

“Turn based strategy.”

“Hurry guys, while they are still in the Preperationg phase. Check your inventory, maybe we can figure out what class we are.” I said getting very excited.

“What button is that?” Del asked looking through his pockets.

“Start I think.” Nick answered, his eyes glazed over as he rummaged through his inventory.

“I have… a Steel Sword and a Vulinary.”

“So that means you are either a Mercenary or Myrmidon.” Del mused.

“Probably a Mercenary.” I added. “Most Myrmidons come with Killing edges or Iron Swords.”

Nick’s eyes regained their color as he left his inventory screen. “Whoa, nice skirt Diddy!” he said laughing.

We looked over at Diddy who was now dressed in Mage robes.

“Aww sweet! I always loved Mages!” Diddy said grinning. “Look I am even packing Elfire!”

“Um guys… since when did I have a horse?” I whined looking down at my feet that were now dangling from a stirrup.

The rest of the party looked back over from Diddy to see that I was now dressed in armor and riding a Powerful Brown horse.

“I just opened my inventory and then.. POOF! I was on a horse.” I added.

“There is an Old Spice Joke in there somewhere. “Nick said snickering.

“Um guys, I have a bigger problem.” Del said his voice filled with concern.

The group looked over to see that Del was perched on a terrifying-looking Wyvern.

“Dang, we are a nice team. Mage, Mercenary, Wyvern Rider and Cavalier.” Nick said smiling.

“Yeah, except I have NO FUCKING CLUE how to ride a Wyvern.”

“I don’t know how to ride a Horse, but I don’t think it matters. You didn’t know how to use V.A.T.S. in that world two levels ago but you still killed those Raiders in four shots!” I retorted.

“Hey guys, where is Tamoria?” Diddy asked his voice dripping with concern.

“Damn, forgot about her once she turned me down for that…” Del coughed. “I mean since the Dating Sim.”

“I’m here.” Tamoria called out weakly.

The party followed the voice over a close hill and found Tamoria at the bottom.

“Oh Wow.” I said laughing.

“Wow” Del said shaking his head.

“Dude no way.” Diddy added.

“Holy-ie Shit.” Nick said in his best imitation of Ellis.

I scratched my face. “I didn’t think you could have female Knights till Sacred Stones.”

“Can you guys just help me up? I fell and this armor is sooo heavy.” Tamoria grumbled.

Diddy and Nick walked over and helped the Blue Knight stand back up, both going red in the face with the strain.

“Wait. Where is my Top hat?” Tamoria said looking around on the ground.

“Nick… could you get that for me?” She asked, pointing to the Top Hat that lay at her feet. “I uh… can’t bend down.”

Nick scooped up the Top Hat and placed it on her head. “I don’t understand how that thing keeps following you around. No one else here has an item unique to them in each of the worlds”

Tamoria attempted to shrug, but ended up only causing her armor to clink.

“So how do we get out of here?” Tamoria asked.

“We defeat the boss I assume.” I answered. “I’m not familiar with this map though, so I have no idea who that is.”

“He’ll probably show up once they get out of Preparation phase.” Diddy answered.

“Hey guys, I got a question.” Del asked while still trying to keep himself steady on his Wyvern. “Why are we all green? Shouldn’t we be blue?”

“Hmm, they must need to recruit us first.” Nick said with a sigh.

“Do you think anyone can recruit us or only certain characters?” I asked sounding worried.

“Beats me.” Diddy answered with a shrug.

“Oh hey, they are coming over here. Everyone grab their weapons, it’s fighting time!” Nick shouted, hurrying over to stand with the rest of the group.

The Fire Emblem characters, one by one, slowly approached the place where the team was standing. When the tactician finally moved Eliwood, the main character, next to Nick the recruitment began.

“Good day. Are you the Random Mercenary troupe that we were predicted to see today?” Eilwood asked.

Nick broke into a cold sweat. He looked behind him to the others and mouthed “What do I do?”

“Agree with him.” I hissed. “What can go wrong?”

“Ah-hem, yes. Yes we are the Mercenaries.” Nick said quickly trying to make up for the previous pause.

“Excellent!” Eliwood said with a smile. “I appreciate your help in guiding us through these Mountains. With luck we won’t…”

Eliwood was cut short by an arrow whirring out of the bushes. He was barely able to dodge the blow in time.

“Watch out! Ambush!” Eliwood shouted drawing his Rapier.

“Oi! Lordling! You’re trespassing in Black Falcon territory! Prepare to pay with your life!” a voice shouted out of the bushes.

The area quickly poured with red enemy soldiers that filled the Mountainous regions in front of the Party. The Voice in the bushes, a Squirrely-looking Warrior class with shaggy hair and a wispy moustache, darted from his cover and ran into a group of his fellows which hid him from any easy attempts to end the map quickly.

The words “PLAYER PHASE” passed across the sky so that all of the PR group could read it.

“Come on guys!” I shouted. “It is our turn to attack.”

“Just remember, I’ve never played this game before. I need your help.” Tamoria added drawing her lance.

“Just stick with me and Diddy.” Nick said smiling. “We’ll need you to draw attacks for us.”

The other characters of Fire Emblem swarmed across the field like an angry army of blue ants, crushing everyone they ran into. The party however, remained where they were.

“Uhh.. Why aren’t we moving?” Nick asked looking around.

We all shrugged.

I looked down at my horse to try and will him to move and realized we were still green!

“Guys we never got recruited. We don’t get to move till our phase.” I said.

The group let out a collective groan.

The party waited around until each of the Fire Emblem characters moved, attacked, shopped, and chatted and the sky above changed to read “ALLY PHASE”

I nudged the sides of my horse and he rushed off into the battlefield, leaving the others far behind me. I spotted a lone Fighter hefting an Ax within range and drew my sword. In one fluid motion my horse ran at the Fighter and I slashed him across the chest, drawing no blood but causing him to fade out of reality. My horse then turned right around and placed me at a square across from where the Fighter was standing.

“How did you do that??” Del shouted.

“I kinda just visualized where I wanted to go and he went there.” I said giving him a shrug.

“Huh.” Del said. He kicked the sides of his Wyvern and it took flight and then landed next to me.

“That was terrifying yet also exhilarating.” He said giving me a big smile. “Leave one for me next time okay?”

I nodded.

“Pah! You guys go riding off and leave us to push Tamoria along.” Nick said his hands firmly on Tamoria’s armored back, pushing her with all his might.

“Next time you guys should move first.” I said haughtily, my inner tactics-nazi flaring up.

Diddy strolled up next to Nick and Tamoria. “At least we aren’t short of enemies. Look!” Diddy pointed up the hillside to the fort and all the red units crawling around it. Even with the party of 8 Fire Emblem units combined with the PR team, they were outnumbered at least 2:1.

The music drastically changed as the Sky label became “ENEMY PHASE”

Like an angry flock of birds the red enemies descended on the Fire Emblem cast. Luckily the Tactician was a decent one and no one received any critical injuries. The same couldn’t be said for us.

The way that we were arranged made Del and his Wyvern closest to the upcoming horde. As was the case in many of the Fire Emblem maps, the enemies often wielded Axes. These Ax-wielding brutes didn’t hesitate to go after him with his weak Lance.

“Goddamnit! This is why I hate these games!” He shouted as he took another ax hit to his Wyvern.

“In a bit of a bind?” A gruff voice asked.

--

Ask me about my waifus

June 27, 2011 at 6:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

So, for continuity purposes (and my OCD) a Fallout and Dating Sim level need to be written.

As for your chapter CJ, all I have to say is "Hol-iee shit!"  This is going to be much better then I ever imagied, assumig more people post.  I'm working on my story, I promise, its just not going very fast at all, what with OoT and all.  lol

Keep it up guys, and feel free to reference any adventure you want (whether its written or not) just as CJ did.  THis is going to be so awesome. O.O

--

June 27, 2011 at 8:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Here's the pilot episode in its entirety (minus the introduction)  Hope you guys enjoy.  And yes, CJ was the one who convinced me to put down OoT long enough to type this up.  Its been waiting for some time, haha.

Turned based RPG!!   Part 1 of 2.  Not intending to split this up initially, but typing it up showed me it was longer then I thought.

Beat one level and you get a mouthful of grass as a reward.  Oh, well.  Guess its time to figure out what this world is.  As I stood up, I noticed what my clothes had changed to: a long white robe, red half-diamonds adorming the cuffs and bottom hem of the robe.  Lying in the grass beside where my head had been was a deep emerald green crystal.  Almost instantly my mind put two and two together....

"Final Fantasy."

"What?" said a voice, coming to my left.  I followed the voice to find three out of my four companions, Nick, Diddy, and CJ, also spread around the clearing in the woods.  CJ was now wearing red plate armor, with a axe strung across his back, NIck was wearing a brown tunic with brown pants, no shoes or weapons around.  Diddy was wearing a deep blue robe, and a large straw hat that shadowed his face, his eyes glowing yellow through the shadows.  The voice had come from CJ, who was currently messing with the white crystal he had found beside him.  Nick's crystal was red, and Diddy's was blue.

"This is the world of Final Fantasy.  It looks like the first game, to be specific.  And that probably means the battles here are turn based."  I said, sighing as I looked down upon my robes.  "And I'm the white mage.  Yay."  There was no excitement in my voice.  Yet again, I was the guy who sat back and healed.  This was probably going to be as boring as the WoW-based level.

"Dude, I'm a mage!!"  Diddy said, the excitement in his voice apparent.

"You're always the mage." Nick responded, shaking his head.

"Yeah, well...its still exciting.  Shut up!"  Diddy retorted, his expression unreadable except by the changing shape of the yellow glow of his eyes.

CJ unstrung his axe, holding it in front of him, weighing it out, and giving it a few practice swings.  "This is kind of neat," he said, looking my way.  "Now to find something to fight, see if it really is a turn based strategy."  Nick stepped forward, holding his hands up.  "Hold on," he said, "Where are my weapons?  And my shoes?"  CJ and Diddy shrugged.

"You may be a monk," I offered, also shrugging.  Nick sighed.  "Great.  Its the Super Punch-Out level all over again."

"At least you were the star of that one," I replied, rubbing my jaw at the memory.

CJ and Diddy sniggered, Nick smiling.  "Anyway," I said, "Where's Tammoria?"

Before anyone could reply, a resounding "STOP RIGHT THERE!" rang out, and we all spun around to see several knights stepping out from behind trees and bushes.  The one with the most ornate armor stepped the closest to me, his expression suspicious.  "How do you know the princess' name?"

I looked around at my friends, my expression confused.  They all shrugged, so I turned back to the knight and also shrugged.  "I don't know," I said, "Isn't it common knowledge?"

The knight glared at me, and I took a few steps back.  "No, of course not!  Most people don't even get names, and those who do are very important!  If a Royal Family member gets a name, of course we keep it secret!  Important people attract a lot of attention, and we didn't want to put her in any danger."

"Oh." Was all I could muster.  Thankfully, the knight had more to say.

"The only way you could know her name is to be a castle guard, or..."  His glare deepened, and he drew his sword.  The rest of the knights followed suit.  "Whoa, whoa, whoa!"  I said, taking a few more steps back. Diddy, Nick, and CJ took steps forward, closer to me.  "What's going on?"  CJ asked.

"The king's best knight, Garland, kidnapped the princess two days ago.  The only other way you could know that name is if you worked with Garland.  That makes you traitors to Cornelia!  Men, attack!!"

The Knights rushed forward, but before they got close enough to strike, the world seemed to fade away in blackness.  When everything reappeared, the PR group was lined up, side by side, at the end of the clearing opposite of the end the knights had appeared.  The 5 knights were also lined up, three in front and two in the back. 

"Hol-ie shit," Nick said, his impression of Ellis near perfect.

"It is a turn based battle system world."  Diddy said.

"ANd its my turn?"  CJ asked.  I looked down the line, and CJ was indeed the furthest to the right.  Nick was next, followed by Diddy, and then me.  Great.  I was the last person on my team to go.

"Yeah, I guess," Nick said, and CJ nodded.  "Alright, then," CJ said, "How do I move, let alone attack?"

"I don't know.  Is there a menu?" I asked.

"Wait, yeah, hold on."  CJ responded

Everything went quiet for a little bit, then CJ yelled "ATTACK!", and took two steps forward, bring his axe down as hard as he could, on absolutely nothing.  The knight directly across from CJ flashed, a 36 flashing above his head before the knight faded from existance.  No blood, no yells of pain, no nothing.  HE had just...died, I guess.

CJ's attack had been powerful enough to fell the entire PR team, also, as Nick, Diddy, and I were all doubled over in laughter.  "What?" CJ asked.

Nick was the first to pick himself up, wiping tears away from his eyes.  "Nothing, CJ...that was just hilarious."  Me and Diddy recovered shortly after, but were topple again at hearing Nick's own "ATTACK", two steps forward, and punching thin air.  Another knight faded, and shortly after Diddy took his two steps, holding his hands in the air and crying out, "FIRE!".

The three knights burst into flames, but they didn't cry out in pain.  They didn't even react.  The flames disappeared, and a 20 flashed above the heads of all three, but none of them faded.  As Diddy stepped back in line, he shook his head.  "I thought that would be more powerful."

I smiled, "It would have been the funniest one of them had I not been laughed out by Nick and CJ."  I quickly took my two steps, yelling, "ATTACK", and swinging the hammer that had mysteriously appeared in my hands.  A 10 flashed above the head of the knight across from me, and he faded away, leaving only two knights left.  But now it was their turn.  The first knight raised his sword and brought it down, and suddenly CJ staggered back, calling out, "WHOA!" as he did so.  A 14 flashed above his head.

"Are you okay?" I called.

"Yeah, I just got pushed back by something.  There is no pain, even though that halved my HP." CJ answered

"How much HP do you have?" Nick asked

"30."

Well, that was great.  The second knight repeated the exact same motion, except nothing happened.  The word MISS flashed above Diddy's head.  Diddy sighed, saying, "I only have 20 HP.  That would have nearly killed me."

The battle ended quickly, with CJ and Nick killing the remaining knights easily.

--

June 27, 2011 at 9:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Hmm, but if everyone was in that Dating Sim level... Wouldn't you be forced to hit on CJ and the others as well? :0

But yes, this is very awesome so far! And thanks for the inclusion (Hells yeah, top hat XD)! Now I'm kind of tempted to do one, but I don't know you all well enough yet, so I'll just lurk and comment  for now ^.^

--

June 27, 2011 at 9:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

624 views - 0 comments
818 views - 4 comments