Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Mitsuo-Dexl

Mitsuo-Dexl

I like the idea of naming threads after myself.  Its charming, really.

As for what I have been up to in my absence, that is really no secret.  Work, work, work.  I'm a maintenance associate (thats a fancy name for someone who cleans up your shit in public restrooms because you thinks its funny to shit in a urinal) at Walmart, and its a thankless and unfulfilling job.  I got more satisfaction out of any of the many useless things I participated in here on PR then I do even stepping foot in that Walmart.

On a happier note, I have managed to play a few games.  I have beaten Dragon Age II and Portal 2, with plans on beating LA Noire and Assassin's Creed II.  The plans on finishing up LA Noire and AC2, though, have come to a halt with the recent purchase of LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, which is a game my girlfriend herself (a non-gamer) nearly begged me to buy.  We've been playing almost three straight days, and 77% done with everything in the game.  We'll have it done by the end of the week....and as much as I would like to finish LA Noire and AC2 (so I can beat Brotherhood so my pre-ordering of Revelations seems less of a impulse decision), its far more likely that LEGO Harry Potter:  Years 1-4 and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga are my next targets, because what gamer doesn't enjoy playing a game that his girlfriend absolutely loves alongside her?

This brings me to my next point, and that is:  if you haven't played a LEGO game, you are really missing out.  They are amazing games, simple and yet full of depth (as much depth as Star Wars, Harry Potter, Batman, Indiana Jones, and Pirates of the Caribbean had) and provide a complete retelling of the various stories, not leaving out a detail but giving it its own humorous twist.  That, it its great fun to bring in any non-gamer friend/lover/thing you may have into the gamer world.  Lots for the gamers to enjoy and I'd even dare to venture more for the non-gamers to love.

Again, Nick, I'm sorry my presence here has dwindled.  Its just what time I do have open I'd rather spend it with my girlfriend and sleep then wasting long hours on the Internet as I usually do.  So its not just you I'm cutting off, its a lot of other things too.  Either way, I'm still pretty sorry about it.  This site doesn't have many active members as it is.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

June 13, 2011 at 3:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i get ya man. Walmart is my least favorite place in the world that isn't a government office, and i've never even had to scrub shit out of a urinal there.

even though i'm not exactly a social butterfly, it is fun to bring non-gamers into our world. i need to give LEGO Star Wars a try; been meaning to for years, i've just always had other things take precedence.

*sigh* as for the site... i don't blame you in any way, but i've pretty much given up hope for PR. mine and CJ's narrations plus yours and Tamoria's occasional comments have been the entirety of the action here for the past several weeks. add aPokelypse and your projects, Del, and that equals everything we've had since late March. we're getting traffic, we just aren't getting activity, and i don't know what else to do. i've done all that i can to get people to join and while plenty of friends have made quick accounts just to shut me up, no one aside from the names i just mentioned and Diddy even bothered to look at anything. Lemur and X simply refuse to return, and i've tried to sell this to my entire roster of internet and IRL friends with no success outside what we already have. i know you and CJ have been trying too and have had about as much luck as i have. 

so i guess if anything, i want to thank you for taking all the time you did take rather than being upset about the time you're unable to take now. i'd probably go so far as to say you'd be wasting your time to do otherwise.

--

The destructor has gone

June 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I wouldn't call it a waste of time, but I definately still check here every day even though I don't see much or post often.

It sucks that PR has never taken off, but hey, as long as we three (sometime four) still post, its still worthwhile, right?  Its not like it costs anything, right?

--

June 13, 2011 at 11:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

it only costs time, and yes, for me it's still worthwhile anyway. i enjoy doing all the things i do to try to keep things fresh here. i never wrote before, except for school, until i started my nuzlocke narrations, and i've discovered i really like it. it's slightly disheartening though, not having more support than i do at the moment.

i don't even want to "take off," really. back in january/february, when we had what, 7, 8 regulars? some people would come for an RP or aPokelypse or someone's nuzlocke or a battle night, we had multiple posts every day but were by no means swamped with activity. remember that? i was perfectly content with the way things were then, if we had never grown again from that level i would have been happy as a clam. i don't know, i guess it's just frustrating from where i stand because i'm really not asking for all that much, yet so many of my friends refuse to contribute at all, even my friends to whom this kind of thing is relevant.

negativity mostly aside though, you are correct, and i'll keep doing what i do until no one's left to listen.

--

The destructor has gone

June 14, 2011 at 1:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Sorry guys. I am here right now I jsut have limited activity time till the end of this week.

I do miss the days of a more active PR too. I dunno what more to sya because it looks like you two have said it all.

(I will add the Tammoria is gone this week. Or so she said on her Journal on DA)

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

June 14, 2011 at 9:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

it's cool. good to know about Tam too, i've been wondering where she went.

--

The destructor has gone

June 14, 2011 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

Make it five my good man. I always check here daily, I just don't always post. I don't always have time to say something but I keep caught up. On a side note- I'm working on a few things as you know. Finally done with med crap and such so I should be good to do a lot more stuff now. Here's to the future of PR!

--

June 14, 2011 at 4:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

THE DIDMAN RETURNETH!!!

i'm looking forward to next week then. if you can stay with us as planned, Did, and CJ and Tam get back, plus Mitsuo's contributions, we might be able to stay afloat after all.

--

The destructor has gone

June 14, 2011 at 5:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I've had an idea, as my mind wanders when I aimlessly wander the store pushing a broom, but this idea is still awesome.

Despite my other projects (which I have almost all but given up on, save for one...which is special)  I thought about in my spare time writing a story about the PR members (The current ones, Diddy, Nick, CJ, and I) getting sucked into a fantasy world filled with all of our favorite things.  It was supposed to be light hearted and funny, and episodic in nature...with no real over-arcing story.

My idea was that everyone could contribute, writing something from their point of view:  For instance, I write the first story, or episode, and its about us getting sucked into a Turn-based RPG, and then Nick contributes a story from his POV as we experience L4D.  Diddy then decides he wants to contribute a tribute to the Four Swords, and CJ follows up with adventures in Fire Emblem like world, and decides also to include Tammoria, who then adds another chapter about us in a Pokemon world.

What do you guys think?

--

June 15, 2011 at 12:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

So it is kinda like Abenobashi-style adventures?

It has the potential to be really freaking sweet! Although I'm not writing right now, I wouldn't mind trying to do this. I would need to see your post to see how to go about it, but I'm not opposed.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

June 15, 2011 at 9:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i love the shit out of this idea.

--

The destructor has gone

June 15, 2011 at 12:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

This sounds awesome!

I agree with CJ in that I'll need to see your draft to know how to write anything however.

--

June 15, 2011 at 12:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Alright, sounds good.  I can get a first draft post up...though don't think you have to copy my style.  I'd rather if each section was in your own particular style, so that its even easier to tell from who's point of view you that particular chapter is written from. 

This weekend (starting Friday and going till Sunday) I am off work, so I'll be able to contribute a lot then, but for right now, I'll get a draft up to give you guys an idea...feel free to post up a full-fledged chapter if before Friday, and in fact, I encourage that...because I want to see some of the awesome PR has in store for us.  Heh.

--

June 15, 2011 at 11:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i've been thinking about my L4D chapter since i read your idea this morning. i still think i'll wait to see what you post before writing it though,

--

The destructor has gone

June 16, 2011 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments