Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > PR News with Diddy

B "Diddy" M

Hello ladies and gents! Welcome to Diddy's first ever PR News update! (applause track here)

Week of April 4th, 2011 - April 11th, 2011

To start things of I'll throw a shout out to Mitsuo-Dexi's "Your Story Begins Now." This is a storyline / RPG synthesis that anyone and everyone can join into at anytime. He has already given plenty of explanations on how the story works but for those who are curious: Just jump in on the latest question! Read the previous posts to see where the story has been before and when you get caught up, feel free to jump right in with responces. If your storyline post isn't what drives the story further you can still continue to post. It can be funny, serious, or whatever you want it to be. Even if your new to stories like this you should give it a try. I'll give this my new patented, "Weekly Diddy Stamp of Approval." I highly encourage everyone to go check it out here.

Antwan has made a lot of progress on aPokelypse Now! Currently, he is considering taking a break from the series (making what is currently posted Part 1) and moving to a small project while he takes a break. If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or conspiracy theories feel free to post them there. I'm sure he would appreciate any and all comments as well as ensight into what people think of his planned break. If you are new to the site or are just now checking out PR, read and comment on any and all of the chapters here.

Cecil-Jacobs' "Pokemon of the Week" is, as it as been for the past few weeks, this Friday. This series takes a random Pokemon each week and Cecil does a very detailed and well written review on the chosen Pokemon. He discusses detailed battle strategies as well as giving some fun facts about the Pokemon. If you're quick and find his secret word in his post, you can post a reply with the word used in a sentence there and win a copy of that Pokemon! For those who are interested in Pokemon, competitive Pokemon battling, or getting a chance at an awesome reward, tune in! He updates every Friday but you can catch up here.

Also this Friday or Saturday night, yours truly (Diddy) and Antwan will be playing Left 4 Dead 2 and Pokemon for a while. Anyone with a Steam (PC or Mac) copy of L4D2 or that wants in on some fun Pokemon battles (Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, or SoulSilver) is highly encouraged to come. Anyone that plays L4D2 or battles against me will probably have a video recorded and narrated by me and put up on PR to show to your friends, family, and enemies.

The PR Pokemon Black/White Tournament is still going on as planned! Any that is interested in the tournament can read more here. Whenever you get your team ready for the Tournament, send a message to Antwan to confirm you are ready. Again, this is open to ANYONE who is interested. If you're brand new to the site, a veteran, or someone who hasn't even registered yet, you can praticipate so don't be shy!

The Elite Four Pokemon Challenge here on PR is also still going on as planned. We are wanting everyone's input on how to make the setup work the best and people's level of interest in the Challenge. Even if you don't "have much to add", posting a quick reply stating that you would like to participate would be great. We welcome all challengers and any ideas people may have! Go read up on current development, post questions or comments, and other news here.

If you're reading this and you're not signed up or you are new to the site then I encourage you to (well.. first sign up if you haven't yet) get into at least one of the activities here. Everyone is friendly and no one is going to berate you for anything you post. We all just want to have fun here. No matter how far along a story is or if there aren't many posts, feel free to jump right in. Chances are you might just revive a great thread or even spark an idea for an addition to the site. Also, feel free to invite your friends to the site as well! We're open to anyone!

If you are planning on doing something for the week or would like something posted in the Weekly News Update. send me a message here on PR and I will put it in next weeks edition. If there is something new or something you would *like* to do this week, send me a message and I will update this post accordingly.

This is Diddy signing off for the week. You stay classy, PR.

--

April 4, 2011 at 2:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs
This is awesome. Great going!
--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

April 5, 2011 at 11:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I was thinking you should post this as a note on Facebook, so that your friends who are interested in the same thing as we are can see, realize we are awesome, and join in with us.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

April 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Mitsuo-Dexl at April 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM

I was thinking you should post this as a note on Facebook, so that your friends who are interested in the same thing as we are can see, realize we are awesome, and join in with us.

--

Ask me about my waifus

April 6, 2011 at 12:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Mitsuo-Dexl at April 6, 2011 at 1:20 AM

Diddy MAH BOI, this post is what all true warriors strive for!

--

The destructor has gone

April 6, 2011 at 12:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I posted last weeks on Facebook and would like to know if there is interest in me posting it here on PR still. I probably will either way since it's just a simple copy/paste but input is always welcome.

Either way: Here is the PR News update!

Week of April 12th, 2011 - April 17th, 2011

It occured to me last week that putting Week 4th-11th actually covered Monday's news so from now on the days will cover Monday-Sunday for each week! I know, obvious mistake is obvious but cut me some slack! This is my first news station >.>

ANYWAY many of the activities going on last week at still going on this week, Mitsuo Dexi's "Your Story Begins Now" and Cecil-Jacobs "Pokemon of the Week" are still going on strong. Dexi is currently internet-less but he will soon be back and ready to continue the adventure! Antwan's "aPokelypse Now!" is currently in a transition/break period between the end of Part I and the beginning of Part II. In the mean time, Antwan should be adding some new projects to keep us all entertained!

Normally, I would keep this news update contained to PR but currently, a group of people from Britain are doing a stream of Pokemon for donations to help the Japan relief effort. They are essentially auctioning off parts of the game for money to be donated to help Japan with it's current crisis. For example, someone donated money for them to keep Magikarp from evolving until level 40. People donate for them to catch certain pokemon, nickname pokemon, give protaginists / antagonist names and pretty much anything else you could think of. One guy even donated to watch 3 of them webstream them singing the Pokerap from the old TV show. It's a very good cause and will be continuing until Friday so I encourage you to at least drop in and watch for a few minutes. You can watch here.

I don't want to speak too early with this, but I believe Antwan will be doing some Narrations on pokemon battles to be posted up soon. At least one of them is more of an "educational" narrative of one of his battles against me so if you want some pointers on Pokemon battling, feel free to watch! Also, I am considering starting a Noobs Guide to Pokemon Battling to fit in with Cecil-Jacob's Pokemon of the Week. I may not to this because Pokemon is more his thing but we'll see how it pans out.

A special thanks for anyone who came to BATTLE NIGHT! last Friday night from PR! It was a lot of fun and we hope everyone comes out again next time. If you have steam L4D2, you can join in on the LiveStream of Antwan / myself clearing out some undead. Also, on BATTLE NIGHT! we Pokemon Battle, stream challenges, and pretty much anything else people want to do.

The PR Elite Four Challenge is going to start very soon. If anyone is interested, please post in the PR thread HERE. Positions will be assigned and if anyone prefers a certain spot, it can more than likely be provided for you since this is our first attempt. Since this is a fun challenge and not competitive play, we will Pokesav Pokemon for use for this event. Come and join in on the fun! Trust me, we have made this as balanced as possible!

This is Diddy signing off for the week. You stay classy, PR.

--

April 12, 2011 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

excellent update again Diddy! i agree you should definitely post the updates on both places.

yeah, i should have three new battles up fairly soon... one is done, completely narrated and edited and stuff. still trying to do a decent job on the two battles we had, Diddy... the one with the surprise finish and the one where we both played like real pros. especially that second one... there is SO much going on in that battle and i never do seem to capture it all when i try =( may have to go back to regular speed to do it, even though people hate that... i used to be able to narrate! i swear.

we definitely need to play some more L4D. soon.

--

The destructor has gone

April 12, 2011 at 10:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Post it in both places. 

Also if you do want to attempt to write a Bit on intro to battling, PM me. I started a project just like that (but haven't finished) and I would be happy to give you the bones I worked out for you to expand opon!

--

Ask me about my waifus

April 12, 2011 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I'm looking forward to the battle vids being posted! Those were intense battles for sure. I'd be ok with regular speed if it was necessary but then again, I don't speak for everyone haha

I'll definitely PM you CJ. Maybe we could do some kind of team up for it? Whatever works best. I mean, I'm not the most experienced battler here so I can only write noob guides really. Unless there is a baton pass edition.. ;D

Thanks for all of the comments! I'll probably post this on Facebook soon. Hopefully people actually read my facebook stuff!

--

April 13, 2011 at 12:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments