Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Diddy's SS Nuzlocke

B "Diddy" M

In the spirit of the Final Week of G. IV, I decided to do another Nuzlocke run! This time, the game will be SoulSilver with the following rules:

-I will Nickname all my pokemon.

-Only 1 pokemon may be caught per route. No duplicate or further evolved forms of pokemon already caught can be caught in later routes,

-I will play in "Set" mode.

-Only Pokeballs may be bought from markets.

-No healing items may be used.

-If a pokemon faints, it is put into a special box in the PC and may not be used again,

-No legendary Pokemon may be used in battle.

*The Journey Begins*

Diddy, fresh from his victory in Hoenn, had returned home to Cinnabar Island to relax after his hard fought battles. He had left everything he had made in Hoenn, except his new found friends, to return to where he was brought up. Although the relaxing, stress free life he lived on Cinnabar was great, he couldn't shake the feeling of excitement he felt during the Hoenn Challenge. He decided the only answer was try again. Start from scratch in an all new location. He gave his Pokemon to his mother for save keeping and decided that Johto would be his best option for competition. His mother was friends with Professor Elm and told Elm of his ideas. Elm was excited to hear a trainer of Diddy's caliber would be attempting the challenge and quickly agreed to help Diddy start his journey. Diddy waved goodbye to his friends, old and new, and headed for Johto in an attempt to take the title and become an even greater trainer.

Diddy knew a kind lady in New Bark Town who lived next to Professor Elm, so he decided to stay there. He felt uncomfortable at times because her name was Mom. It felt weird to address someone as "Mom" without the person actually being his mother. He woke up one morning, suddenly, from a terrible nightmare. Professor Oak had appeared to him in a dream asking him about whether or not he was a boy or girl and what his name was. Granted, he had never personally met Professor Oak, but it still was quite scary that an elderly man was asking him all these questions. Diddy shook off the creepy dream and went downstairs. Mom was there cleaning up the living room and seemed very excited to see Diddy. She ran over to him and said, "Professor Elm wants to see you! He could use some help! Here's your bag, trainer card, and journal to save your experiences in!" Diddy was slightly annoyed because not only was Mom treating him, the Hoenn champion, as a person who knew nothing about adventuring, but she was way to bubbly for this early in the morning.

Diddy made his way over to Professor Elm's house and on the way noticed a little girl playing with her Marill. This caused him to remember the times he played with his Charmander when he was younger. He had a feeling this girl would be a great person and trainer someday with the way she boned with pokemon. Elm was in the middle of working on something and gave Diddy a quick rundown of what he needed. Essentially, Elm wanted to see if pokemon living outside of the pokeball had an impact on their happiness. Since Diddy was going to be taking the Johto Challenge, Elm believed that this would be the perfect arrangment for both of them. Diddy examined the 3 pokeballs on the table and was considering who would accompany him. Elm mentioned he had gotten an email from a person named Mr. Pokemon who had discover something very mysterious. He told Diddy it may be beneficial to him to go over, see what the fuss was, and return to the lab with the information. Diddy agreed and made his decision. He chose the Water Pokemon Totodile. Diddy had never really given Water pokemon a chance so he decided now would be the perfect time. Diddy released the Totodile from the Pokeball and the two quickly became friends. Diddy nicknamed him "Rush" thinking it would be an appropriate name for a fast water type pokemon. It was until he began to leave the lab that he noticed Rush was very Careful in nature. He laughed to himself realizing the irony in the nicknamed and journeyed on.

Diddy had heard Mr. Pokemon lived north of Cherrygrove city so he stepped out in the world for a second time, ready to become the best Johto had every seen. Rush quickly gained Diddy's trust as Diddy discovered Rush wasn't careful in a fearful way, but in a calculating way. Diddy had a connection with this Pokemon now. He knew they would think alike and, in time, be an unstoppable force. The two adventurer reached Cherrygrove and were confronted by an odd, old man who gave them a tour around town. Diddy knew all about Pokemon Centers and Pokemarts but could tell this man was feeling quite proud of himself for being a tour guide so just went along with it. At the end, the man gave Diddy some shoes that he could run in. Diddy took the shoes and went on his way. He wasn't sure what these shoes were made of, but for some reason they made him move twice as fast.

Diddy reached Mr. Pokemon's house and, to his suprise, found Professor Oak there with Mr. Pokemon. Diddy was excited and slightly scared. He had never met Professor Oak and the one time he had seen him was in a dream where Oak had been creeping on him. Fortunately, Professor Oak was a kind man and, at least for now, didn't seem to be too overbearing. Diddy told Mr. Pokemon about the task Elm had sent him on and Mr. Pokemon rushed over to his desk and began searching for something. Oak walked over to Diddy and annouced he was leaving. He glanced at Diddy's bag and noticed he didn't have a Pokedex. Diddy had forgot all about his Pokedex when he left so he was glad to hear Oak happened to have a spare one on him. Before leaving, Diddy swore he heard Oak mumble, "...is he a boy or a girl?..." but dismissed it as halucinating. Mr. Pokemon finally found what he was looking for, a mysterious egg, and gave it to Diddy to take back to Professor Elm. Diddy stepped outside and recieved a call from Elm. "Prefect timing Elm! I---" Diddy began to say before being cut off. "Diddy! I... don't even.. this is horrible! GET BACK HERE QUICK!!!" exclaimed Professor Elm before he quickly ended the call. "That's strange.." thought Diddy as he looked at the phone in disbelief. Rush seemed to have understood the call because he too was in deep thought over the conversation. "Hmm.. let's go see what this is about, Rush." Diddy said and his Water based companion jumped onto his shoulders ready to find out what the problem was.

Party:
Rush - Level 7 Totodile (Obtained at Elm's Lab)

P.S. This is the first time I've written something like this but I felt like I should try a little harder in the celebration of the last week of G. IV. Tell me what ya'll think please! I don't plan on doing this with everyone run because this one is "special" but if it's bad or whatever I could stop now. Or if ya'll like it, I'll keep going. Either way, the Johto journey of Diddy continues!

--

February 27, 2011 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

dude those are some hardcore rules you got there. if you manage to pull this off, you will be what all true warriors strive for! (meh. it's not as cool without the Harkinian picture, is it?)

i definitely encourage you to continue, especially since we will NEED something like this going on next week... i'm really worried about what that first week of gen V will do to the site, since it looks like only Del will be reading my narration and i'll likely have to put aPokelypse on hold.

--

The destructor has gone

February 27, 2011 at 5:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Keep going man, I can still find our telltale humor imbedded within. 

On a side note, I know you didn't mean to but the Typeo (He had a feeling this girl would be a great person and trainer someday with the way she boned with pokemon.) is freaking hilarious. Freudian slip? Or accidental mistake? It has my lawling anyway.

I agree with Antwan too. Those rules are super-tough looking. I am not envious of how your journey will play out.

I'll be on during Gen 5 Antwan, just not reading your narrative. Sorry bro. My copy comes in sometime around the 11th or so.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

February 27, 2011 at 5:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

So here's a mini update that's more of an "Oops.. Diddy messed up" update.

When I saved outside of Mr. Pokemon's house I mindlessly mashed the A button waiting for the save as I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone about going to dinner. I shut off the DS, went to dinner, and played games until around midnight. Midnight came around and I thought, "Hey! This is the perfect time to get some game time in and possibly an update!" Only.. when I started the game.. it said, "Diddy. Play time: 26:23 Badges: 8" AKA IT DIDN'T SAVE. I completely forgot this was the game where you had to delete it at the title screen and *then* save. I had to restart.

Here's where everyone is thinking, "Ah man Diddy.. that blows!" right? Well no. It doesn't. Because as soon as I went to pick up my first pokemon.... can you guess it? No go ahead. Seriously, try it. It was a SHINY Totodile named Rush. Granted, it's no longer Careful natured so I have to change my story accordingly (it is now timid which made me kinda sad face irl) but I feel like this was a gift from Arcerus. Shiny Totodile and Diddy are going to wreck this game. Fortunately, I saved outside of Mr. Pokemon's house with my level 7 shiny totodile named Rush so the story is still accurate minus the part where Rush is Careful.

And the part where the girl boned her pokemon.

Glad to see you guys have some interest in this. I'll be updating as soon as i get some more progress. And I'm the same as CJ on the site. I'll be on still, just not clicking in Black/White stuff. The Gamestop here is *supposed* to do a midnight release Saturday so I actually may just beat it pretty quick.

--

February 28, 2011 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

alright, all i'm saying is you guys might have to generate most of the content on here. because i will be busy with Black.

--

The destructor has gone

February 28, 2011 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Shit dude, that is fucking awesome! I am so insanely jealous....

I do miss the part where Lyra was boning her Marril. Can you imagine? HSOWA! Except with Pokemon and People!

I'll have to get something going then so I can update throughout the week. (More than just the Pokemon of the week that is)

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

March 1, 2011 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I've deicded to switch up my narration for this seeing as it was.... around 3 months ago since I started. I'm going to go to my 'old' narration (if you can call it old considering I've only done it once) style and do a first person narration. It won't be a story like everyone elses because I'm just not *that* good of a writer (VIVA LA PSYCHOLOGY) but anyway.. let's see how this goes!

I set out from Mr. Pokemon's house and went the lab in New Bark Town to listen to the professor blab on about some Pokemon theft- You know, the stuff you mash A through to get the Pokeballs. After listening to him talk, I went to el madre's house to see if she needed anything while I was exploring Johto. She wanted me to give her money from my battles and of course, I said yes. She wouldn't go out and buy anything useless with it I'm sure...

I left New Bark Town and found a Hoothoot on Route 29. This, in my opinion was a good find and it led to me daydreaming about the future of Diddy and his Noctowl. I named him Hyrule, since I sadly could not think of the Kaepora Gaebora name at the time. I leveled up Hyrule and Rush (encountering Raltz on my 4th random encounter..), healed up in Cherrygrove City, and went to route 30 to catch the newest addition to my team.

When I went through Route 30 the first time to see Mr. Pokemon, all I encountered were wild Hoothoots and Weedles. I figured I'd catch a Weedle and actually get to use a bug pokemon for my game and.. that's when it happened. The worst possible catch there... A freaking Kakuna.... Kakuna doesn't know any freaking attacks! Harden?? HARDEN?!! It's TOO early for me to have to switch out in trainer battles for xp, not to mention he doesn't learn an attack that's decent until level 16.. I name him Twinrova because obviously this had to have been some kind of trap. And for those of you saying, "Well Diddy, Kakuna used Harden is a hilarious sexual innuendo! Just go with it!" you try to go into Violet City and asking someone if they want to see your Kakuna harden.. I assure you it's not pleasent.

After catching Twinrova, I went to Sprout Tower and began to process of... *shudder* Pokemon Switching to level Twinrova. Luckily, my first encounter was a Gastly that named Poe! (Zelda theme anyone?),

I am currently saved outside of Sprout Tower with the following Pokemon:
Twinrova: Level 11
Poe: Level 5
Rush: Level 13
Hyrule: Level 12

--

June 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i'm actually glad you decided to switch the narration style; don't get me wrong, it's not at all because you can't write. it's just that this is more like my old style and i rather miss it. it'll be good to read another run done like this.

i wanted to make Emerald like this again, but then i decided it was more important to me to build Hideki's and Harmony's canon. i'm actually strongly considering re-writing LeafGreen and Crystal for the same reason; there's a lot of background between the two in my head that i haven't shared with you guys because i never put the stories down the first time.

oh yes... Kaepora Gaebora. aka that fucking owl. my least favorite thing to ever come out of the Zelda franchise. such a troll.

and i want credit for the idea of naming a ghost pokemon Poe.

--

The destructor has gone

June 14, 2011 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments