Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Zombies > Project Left 4 Mons

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

a brilliant new idea has come to me, and i have decided that this will be my next thing (although i'll probably still start KotOR before too long too).

i am writing a story about a zombie apocalypse in the world of pokemon, codenamed Project Left 4 Mons. i realize this name sucks and i am not going to use it as a final title; just something we can call it for now.

so, if you have any ideas please post them here. i'm not gonna get too far into discussing MY ideas for now, as i want this story to be a surprise for you guys as you read it when it's done.

but, i will say the story is going to revolve around a party consisting of my two nuzlocke characters, Hideki and Harmony, and two other members.

the final two spots will be filled by two PR members yet to be determined. that's where you come in again; if you want me to include YOUR pokemon character, tell me about him/her here and convince me. the two characters i like best will fill in the final two slots (although i will say i am already strongly inclined to give X a spot, since he helped inspire this idea in the first place). even if i decide not to put your character into the main 4, i can still include you in the story somehow, so post your ideas no mater how lame you may think they are!

one final thing... this is going to be an alternate reality type of thing. i.e. it's not canon. i may kill off pokemon from nuzlocke runs that didn't actually die, hell, i may even kill off Hideki or Harmony. so if i put you in the story and you die, please don't be offended. it's a zombie apocalypse after all so at least a few people have to die, or it's no fun. but no matter what happens, it didn't really happen... you get it.

as for what i already know about it, the story will take place in Kanto and may leak into Johto at the end. as for a time frame as it relates to my characters, this occurs after Hideki has beaten LeafGreen and failed at Emerald, and after Harmony beats Crystal but before she moves to Sinnoh. but again, this is all in an alternate universe, and none of this actually HAPPENS.

--

The destructor has gone

February 2, 2011 at 1:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

Crimson DESTR0YA at February 2, 2011 at 1:06 AM

a brilliant new idea has come to me, and i have decided that this will be my next thing (although i'll probably still start KotOR before too long too).

i am writing a story about a zombie apocalypse in the world of pokemon, codenamed Project Left 4 Mons. i realize this name sucks and i am not going to use it as a final title; just something we can call it for now.

so, if you have any ideas please post them here. i'm not gonna get too far into discussing MY ideas for now, as i want this story to be a surprise for you guys as you read it when it's done.

but, i will say the story is going to revolve around a party consisting of my two nuzlocke characters, Hideki and Harmony, and two other members.

the final two spots will be filled by two PR members yet to be determined. that's where you come in again; if you want me to include YOUR pokemon character, tell me about him/her here and convince me. the two characters i like best will fill in the final two slots (although i will say i am already strongly inclined to give X a spot, since he helped inspire this idea in the first place). even if i decide not to put your character into the main 4, i can still include you in the story somehow, so post your ideas no mater how lame you may think they are!

one final thing... this is going to be an alternate reality type of thing. i.e. it's not canon. i may kill off pokemon from nuzlocke runs that didn't actually die, hell, i may even kill off Hideki or Harmony. so if i put you in the story and you die, please don't be offended. it's a zombie apocalypse after all so at least a few people have to die, or it's no fun. but no matter what happens, it didn't really happen... you get it.

as for what i already know about it, the story will take place in Kanto and may leak into Johto at the end. as for a time frame as it relates to my characters, this occurs after Hideki has beaten LeafGreen and failed at Emerald, and after Harmony beats Crystal but before she moves to Sinnoh. but again, this is all in an alternate universe, and none of this actually HAPPENS.

You should include Diddy! Here's why:

1. Diddy is a fun, dedicate trainer who rocked Hoenn's world.

2. He is a strategic mastermind who can manipulate any dire situation and make it his bitch. (ex. his battle vs his dad)

3. He fight's defensively and can be great at protecting points necessary for survival.

4. He never underestimates his opponents and prepares for worse case scenarios.

4.Diddy's pokemon are great for survival.

a.Sulfer can burn the zombies and carve into mountains for a safe house.

b.Exploud works as a great lookout since his ear piercing shout will wake everyone up.

c.Borealis could be a scout for any potential water threats.

d.Tea Co. can cut through jungles and use his vines to lift everyone past high obstacles. His agility also makes him an amazing fight if necessary

e.Overpower has no weakness so he can fight the zombies endlessly

f. Cataclysm controls all the [email protected]#[email protected]# water on the planet. How is that NOT helpful?

5. Diddy's knowledge of Hoenn could come in handy if Kanto and Johto become overrun.

6. There's never a dull moment when Diddy's around because when he gets his Pokeballs ready.. SHIT. GOES. DOWN.

Also, if there is no way you'd include Diddy in the main party, he *may* have started the zombie appocalypse due to the lose of Felix and Niles. You really thought he could just accept the lose of his dear compaions...? ;)

--

February 2, 2011 at 1:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Diddy makes a good arguement. Let me make my offer.

1. Xerxes has explored Johto and Kanto extensively (he originally was the HG protagonist), and knows every nook and cranny of the regions. He knows how to get from anywhere to anywhere, creating backup routes as the need arises. Plus, if we include his HG Pokemon (which were not Nuzlocked, but still) that gives us even more options (Magneton, Crobat, Mismagius, Miltank, Feraligatr and Dragonite).

2. Xerxes has dealt with more death than any of the other Nuzlockers, including the loss of an entire party's worth of 'mons. He can handle the psychological trauma of a zombie apocalypse.

3. He knows his stuff. He faces overwhelming odds and succeeds due to strategy and items. If all hell breaks loose, and you're down on hit points and paralyzed, he's the guy with a Full Restore and pair of Choice Specs with your name on it.

4. Determination. Xerxes does not give up, even when the chips are down. He will not stop until the zombies are destroyed, or he is.

5. While Xerxes is determined, he knows when to run away. If the outcome is unwinnable, he will attempt to Get Away Safely and grind some more, preparing for the right time to strike.

6. Karma. Remember all those casualities? That's gonna have to balance out sometime, and what better time than during the aPokelypse?

7. Xerxes has dealt with Team Rocket on eight seperate occasions. Do you think he'd let a criminal organization keep their weapons (assuming they don't just use Pokemon)? I don't think so. If it really comes down to it, X has the resources to fend off the hordes (if not weapons, still there's all that Rocket Equipment that's sure to come in handy).

Of course, some points may or may not be valid, depending on how you want to handle this thing. In short, I'm posting this at Stupid O'Clock, so if I can think of anything else, I'll be sure to mention it.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 2, 2011 at 3:32 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

*cracks knuclkes* time to make my case(s)

Why should you include Cecil in your Pokecalypse? Cecil has adventured around both Johto and Kanto just like Harmony. He has been to each and ever region and brought every Gym Leader to their knees. Despite not finishing his story, he has even murdered some of them (Erika, Blaine) for the soul purpose of trying to reach and stop RED. Cecil is determined in any endeavor he sets out in. That said, Cecil is a kind soul who prefers to protect his friends than go on murderous rampages. Determination + Friendliness?  Sounds like the best ally you could ever ask for!

Also despite claims made by X, Cecil has actually lost the most Pokemon in a run. (Although admittedly he has lost 11 to X's 10, and X hasn't finished his run yet). Therefore he has a great deal of experience dealing with trauma.

Cecil makes for a great ally because his team of Pokemon are ideal for tough situations. He has a Tyranitar, that thing ate Mountains! In its younger forme! Not to mention he has the Power of Lugia at his back, a Dragonite that could fly us across the world, an Armaldo to cut through swaths of Zombies, and a Feraligtr to chomp them to pieces. (An a Golem, for the Awesome it brings to the party).

Maybe you are asking yourself, but I don't want a nice character! I want a mean one!

Then Look no further than Jivide! This guy is one pissed-off conductor of the rape-train (the one lacking brakes). When times get tough Jivide gets angry, and you won't like him when he is angry (but neither will the zombies!). Sure Jivide may be a bit of a misogynist, but h knows what he wants. Jivide is a determined and angry motherfucker who will kill kill kill until every zombie about him lays dead again. Jivide is the best ally one could ask for, he may not save you out of friendship, but he will save your ass and blow up whatever gets in your way (along with may others who were standing "too fucking close by"). Jivide is great for some party tension, as well as some badassery. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

February 2, 2011 at 10:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

All these well thought out and typed posts!  So let me be honest...you probably shouldn't include Del as a main character.  Instead, include him as the kind of character I told you I wanted to be in your L4D comic that you and Ashley are doing.  You may even just use me as a token black death.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

February 2, 2011 at 2:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Del: since i named the rival after you in Hideki's LeafGreen run, i figured you'd play the role of Gary Oak (named Mitsuo Oak in the story)

everyone else: i love all of your character ideas, including both of yours, CJ! i obviously can't put all four in the main party, but i will definitely include all of them in some capacity. i see Jivide's bad-assery as being quite humerous in particular.

now then, does anyone have any potential plot ideas or particularly epic scenarios involving Zombiemons? i have the main story pretty much figured out at this point, but i could always use more supplementary stuff. so please share any and all ideas!

--

The destructor has gone

February 2, 2011 at 4:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Well, let's start with the obvious: Snorlax. Good gods, Zombie Snorlax (there are at least two in Kanto, and more implied to be in the mountains).

That being said, let's move on to some of the more bizarre zombiemons. Firstly, ghost types. Can they become zombies? Probably not, lacking a corporeal form, so believe it or not, Pokemon Tower may be one of our better options, defensively. At least until the zombies start raising the deceased mons. Second, you guys have mentioned legendaries. In certain situtions in Nuzlocke, you're likely forced to kill legendaries. I don't know about you, but the concept of a zombie Mewtwo terrifies me. And if Sinnoh gets the plague, we're all screwed. Any zombified legendary from there equals game over.

As far as comparisons to L4D, here's the way I see it:

Smoker - Tentacool/Bellsprout

Hunter - Scyther

Boomer - Koffing

T - Anything sufficiently strong/bulky enough. I would think Machamp fits perfectly here.

Witch - Abra and its evolutions. Think about it.

Jockey - Anything small and fast enough.

Charger - Rhyhorn

Spitter - Grimer

--

February 2, 2011 at 5:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i have a zombie snorlax encounter in mind... don't worry. or do worry, depending on your point of view.

i've made a list of pokes that cannot become zombies, and the ghosts are on there. other noteables include ditto (as his DNA is fluid and therefore he can manually override the transition to zombie), the magnemite and voltorb families (since they are machines), porygon (again, inorganic), and the staryu line (because of IRL starfish's incredible self-healing abilities).

i've had a few ideas regarding mewtwo, but i'm not sure which if any will be used.

also, as of now i plan to keep it strictly in Kanto, with a possible leak over into Johto for the very end.

thank you for going out of your way to avoid using the T-word. but zombie machamps... dear god. there is no escape.

i may incorporate some elements of the L4D infection into this, but mostly i'm going to try and be as original as possible.

--

The destructor has gone

February 2, 2011 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

Good thing I pointed out NOT to say the T word to X :p Oh, and sorry for my delay :/

I kinda see Machamp as more of a charger for some reason. Snorlax would make a great boomer imo. The rest seem to fit perfectly. (if you're going with l4d style)

As for my character (I know Im slacking terribly on the run, ignore this lol) her name is Vi. She's kind of a loner. She hasn't lost very many pokes, because she's tried very hard to keep them alive. She also has a nice little lucky streak (aka, catching the Pikachu). Vi would Probably be better as a cameo that shows up at the toughest times & lends her luck to the main party, but goes her own way afterwards til the next time.

--
February 2, 2011 at 8:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Well, if you use Mitsuo Oak, feel free to do what you want:  but there are a few Pokes I especially would carry...and they really hold no strategic purpose.  In my first ever Pokemon story, I had a Growlithe named Flare.  Not original, but it holds a special place in my heart.  Right beside the pink Sneasel.  Which I would also have.

And that is about all I can think of.

--

February 2, 2011 at 8:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Flare the growlithe and a shiny sneasel. got it.

Diddy, you kinda answered this already, unless you wanna change, but who else do you guys want listed in your respective parties? no one is going to catch anything new on the way, since pretty much every wild pokemon is a zombie.

in case you're worried about redundancy with my two characters, here are their projected lineups so you can avoid using the same pokes as they do. or not, i don't care if there's a little redundancy. probably be best to make things as diverse as possible though. anyway:

Hideki-

Helena (Gyarados)

Starwho (Starmie)

J-Dog (Jolteon)

Rochelle (Golem)

Success (Zapdos)

Big Bird (Fearow)

Harmony-

Jack (Typhlosion)

Zaprong (Electabuzz)

Shadow (Espeon)

Rocky (Steelix)

Holly (Lapras)

Birdo (Pidgeotto)

use pokemon from your nuzlocke runs, non-nuzlocke runs, runs from when you were a little kid, or just totally make up pokemon you've never had before. just maybe don't use your absolute favorites, because any and every pokemon you give me is subject to having its brain eaten.

also, go easy on the legendaries, please.

--

The destructor has gone

February 2, 2011 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

I'm prolly gonna list my favorites anyways. If they die, oh well. It's a story. and since you put YOUR Shadow in...I can't use my old, epic one :((

Ninja the Blastoise

Espi the Espeon

Rachel the Raichu

Fireball the Charizard

Retribute the Scizor

Nightmare the Dusknoir

--
February 2, 2011 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I'd probably have two parties, my HG and my LG Nuzlocke run.

First, HG:

Remilia the Crobat

Nak the Feraligatr

Mikuru the Miltank

Myon the Mismagius

Gamzee the Magneton

Flandre the Dragonite

LG (haven't posted todays update, so spoilers):

Kaguya the Venomoth

Slaad the Snorlax

Blink the Jolteon

Letty the Lapras

Suika the Sandslash

Ran the Ninetales

If neccesary I can list movesets, but probably not.

--

February 2, 2011 at 9:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i guess i'll use the LG party for you then X, just because we start in Kanto. maybe if/when we get to Johto you can pull out some of your older, stronger pokes (the HG ones).

anyway, is it safe to assume everyone who cares has made a case for their person? if so i'll start deciding who fills out my team.

right now i'm leaning towards the idea of making a second party of four survivors that Hideki's group keeps bumping into. so i think it's safe to say that everyone will get a major role in the story. i'll do my best anyway.

--

The destructor has gone

February 2, 2011 at 9:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I applaud your efforts to keep everyone in the party! That's pretty cool, not gonna lie. As for my team, it *would've* been the exact same had it not been opened up to my favorites as a kid. You opened up a kick ass can of worms here bro. (Unless I'm a bad guy then good luck surviving the apocalypse lololololol.. oh wait.. you're the story writer..)

-Zippo the Charizard (you can change the nickname to fit better if you want but my original Charizard was named Zippo and every male Charizard since has followed suit. I know Ash put Char down already but I freaking love Char)

-Richter the Steelix

-Aurora the Glaceon

-Jade the Gardevoir

-Haze the Gengar

-Axis the Fearow

--

February 3, 2011 at 1:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Hmm.. Cecil's ideal party would be;

Leliana (Feraligatr)

Anora (Ampharos)

Morrigan (Ariados)

Oghren (Golem) (Switch him out for Piers the Anorith if you are using your party)

Felix (Tyranitar)

Felsi (Machamp) or Alistair (Umbreon) ((Take your pick. I loved them both))

Now if we were talking about Jivide;

Theodore (Infernape)

Kennedy (The Fucked-up Raichu)

Marilith (Drapion) 

Ryoku (Aggron)

Bully (Tentacruel)

Miko (Froslass)

(Not all of those are original party members, some are just my favorites)

I am glad to hear that you are going to try and run two groups, even if they are just short cameos! I appreciate the work you are putting into this.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

February 3, 2011 at 2:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator
This is gonna be cool :D
--
February 3, 2011 at 9:22 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I feel compelled to make a case for an actual character!  Heh.

If you include Mitsuo, which you said you would, make sure he is unusually bright, peppy, and seemingly naive.  I always imagined any of my Pokemon characters that way, so it only seems natural that you ensure Mitsuo keeps that quality.  Though he seems naive, you have to promise me that Mitsuo isn't actually naive...that is part of his character.  He knows, understands, and has dealt with a lot more then he has let on, especially in a zombie apocalypse.  If you leave him with only Flare and Shiny Sneasel, this should be especially true, because he must have lost the rest of his Pokemon.

If you do not want Mitsuo to be this way, then I ask that you create even a minor character named Del who works this way.  Del would carry this team, which is the team I am running through HG with.  On a note about my team, to CJ, if you mention one thing about my Pokes nicknames I am will gut you in your sleep when I come over.  Regardless of what you think, that's what my envisioned character would have named them anyway.

Shox (Ampharos)

Muscle (Machamp)

Red Sea Sins (Shiny Gyarados)

Rock Leaf (Sudowoodo)

da Vinci (Smeargle)

Mint (Aipom)

To be honest, some of those Pokes just exist in my HG game...I don't actually use them.

--

February 3, 2011 at 2:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

alright guys, update time.

first of all, i want to sincerely thank all of you for the massive amount of interest this little project has gained. you've almost given me too much material to work with, a very good problem for any writer to have. i'm confidant that i can turn all of your ideas and all of my ideas into something special.

i still have not decided the two that will fill up my party and the four that will make up the other party. i'll decide that soon though, i promise.

Com has promised to throw his hat in the ring at some point, so he will also be considered.

the title of the story is now officially "aPokelypse Now!" obvious play on Apocalypse Now, which isn't even about zombies, but i don't even care. i like it.

finally, i have written the first two chapters of the story, i.e. up to where the outbreak just begins. i was wondering if you guys would like me to post these two chapters now or if i should wait a bit.

--

The destructor has gone

February 3, 2011 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

It's up to you. Also, might I suggest having one of your party members in each party?

--

February 3, 2011 at 10:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments