Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Darkzero45's Diamond Nuzlocke Run

Darkzero45

My rules are:

The Nuzlocke rules that exist for every challenge plus:

1. No repeats at all.

2. I am doing as X and placing my dead pokemon in a box.

3. Healing items only in battle. Others such as evolution stones are ok. No rare candies.

4. Pokemon Centers and other resting spots for healing outside of battle.

5. If I miss out on a pokemon with evolutions, I can't get the secondary and tertiary forms. My geodude died, so I couldn't catch a graveler or a golem.

I can't think of anymore rules. If someone has ideas please let me know.

I picked Turtwig as my starter, named him Leafygrens. We went out and fought a starly, but I didn't get pokeballs until after that so I went back and caught a starly. His name is Starryeyes. I went on to Jubilife to do the stuff there. After Jubilife I went through the cave and caught a geodude. I named her Rocksas. Then I went to Oreburgh for my first badge. Well, when I went into the mine, I battled one of the miners. I wasn't paying attention and Rocksas was killed. So I took Leafygrens and murdered everything else in the cave(unfortunately I was too strong and missed out on zubat). I then went to fight the Oreburgh gym leader(forgot his name). I won. And that's where I am currently.

--

"Why don't you tell me? I'd like to know my feelings y'know!"

January 31, 2011 at 12:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

interesting rules, particularly #5. this should be fun to watch!

your run has been added to the homepage, btw

--

The destructor has gone

January 31, 2011 at 1:16 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator
I thought it said "rockass" at first glance and I laughed. Sorry for your loss :/ but grats on beating the first gym!
--
January 31, 2011 at 11:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkzero45

I actually thought of using Rockass. But then I thought I could go for a good pun.

So, Starryeyes has evolved, Leafygrens is still first form(I don't know when turtwig evolves) and I got the old rod so I immediately set off to catch a magikarp. I named him GaryMFOak. Now I am making my way to the next town while trying to level up my magikarp.

--

January 31, 2011 at 12:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

(turtwig evolves at level 18)

So, since you named your Magikarp GaryMFOak...1 of two things will probably happen:

1. He will be epic as all hell & live up to his name or...

2. He will die asap bc you named him that & he was nowhere near as Epic as Gary MF Oak.

--
January 31, 2011 at 4:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkzero45

I'm hoping I'll end up with a badass Gyrados that will last the whole run.

--

January 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

gyara's always worked for me in nuzlocke.

--

The destructor has gone

January 31, 2011 at 5:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

As far as Rule 5, I am doing that as well, I just kinda figured it was implied. So far, not too bad. I need to get a Sinnoh game sometime and try it for myself.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

January 31, 2011 at 7:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i recommend Sinnoh. the storyline is ridiculous even by pokemon standards, but the gameplay is very solid. i'd probably recommend Platinum over Diamond or Pearl, as they added some new things that made training easier and the pokemon selection is just all-around better.

--

The destructor has gone

January 31, 2011 at 8:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

So I've heard. Plus, looking at the selections, I'd like to get Pearl, as it seems nobody else gets it, but I dislike the Pokemon List.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

January 31, 2011 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkzero45

I owned Pearl before I got Diamond. I don't know why but I like Diamond better. Anyways:

GaryMFOak is lvl 9.(only 11 more :)) Leafygrens is lvl 16. Starryeyes is lvl 17. I just reached Floaroma town(I think that's what it's called.)

--

February 1, 2011 at 4:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

platinum's the shiznit imo.

--
February 1, 2011 at 1:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkzero45

I caught a Shellos and named her Shelby!!! 3 battles later she died!!! yay. Dammit. Well, GaryMFOak is working his way up the chain. I'm about to take down the valley windworks section.

--

February 1, 2011 at 1:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

Good luck with GaryMFOak! I hope that works out for you. Sorry for all the losses though.. that really blows. A Gyara will help you out tremendously though!

February 1, 2011 at 2:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

Definitely should. If it doesn't live up to its name, I'm gonna be disappointed.

--
February 1, 2011 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkzero45

GaryMFOak is now lvl 18. Since he has tackle now I don't have to switch him out so often. I just completed Eterna Forest and I thought of a new rule: Double battle areas you can come back to and catch the first pokemon you saw there by yourself. Oh I caught a Bidoof and named it Herp Derp.

--

February 3, 2011 at 8:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkzero45

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!! GaryMFOak has evolved to Gyrados now!!!!!!!! Not long after he learned Dragon Rage. So I'm tearing everything up. I had caught a Chingling. His name is Bells and he is also badass. I also got a Wurmple who's name is Worm Man(it's a female) and I leveled her so she's fully evolved(Beautifly) Let's see.... I caught Bronzor and I don't remember his name but he's in the box atm. Anyways, I'm in Wayward Cave after Cycling Road. SO:

Bells Lvl:18

GaryMFOak Lvl:23

LeafyGrens Lvl:23

Starryeyes Lvl:23

Worm Man Lvl:17

Herp Derp Lvl:18

--

February 6, 2011 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Darkzero45

I'm trying to find time to play so I'll have more up soon. It seems everyone has had a lot going on.

--

February 22, 2011 at 10:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

grats on Gary MFN Oak! Really hope he turns out Badfreakinass. And we have, but you can still post. We reply when we have time

--
February 24, 2011 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments