Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > Battle Night?

B "Diddy" M

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in some fun competitive battles on Saturday night. We could stream them or w/e everyone wanted but I'm sure at least a few people are itching for some battles like I am and I figured it'd be a cool PR event we'd all enjoy. Not to mention I need to break a tie with Nick ;D

January 26, 2011 at 3:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

HYESZ i would be interested. i think the best way to do it would be for all interested parties to meet on the bat-al royal group chat, then if we wanna stream videos we can move to tinychat.

even if you're not interested in battling, just in watching, let us know!

--

The destructor has gone

January 26, 2011 at 12:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

Fo sho fo sho. The only "issue" I see with not streaming it people who want it to be uploaded to the site but either don't want to get rid of their current Battle Video on the game OR they don't have the software to edit and record them. Actually.. I don't even know if I have the software to record them... FU---

BTW- As a way to include everyone, I wouldn't be opposed to a restricted battle. AKA No EV trained pokemon or maybe even something like no fully evolved pokes for some lolz. I have a ton of Pokemon designed for E4 / story battling that I could use. They're not EV trained greatly and some only have E4 EVs. I actually have about 60+ pokemon I've never used.. trying to complete that Pokedex is a rough job. This is more of an attempt at a FUN night of battling as opposed to an intense Competitive scene. I wouldn't mind some legit competitve battles either, but I would like people to have a reason to come even if they have never trained pokemon for battling.

January 26, 2011 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i can affirm that i have the ability to record/upload battles, but i can't stream them live. so let's say we have a battle you wanna upload to the site but you can't record it. i'll have to save it on my vs recorder then record it later and upload it from my point of view. but as for streaming, you'll have to do that.

we can do several different battles with any kind of rule variations we want, hell, we can throw in some ubers if we want. i totally agree that this is better off as a fun, loose night. if we get enough people maybe we can have a roulette tournament.

here's an idea, a roulette tournament with the stipulation that you cannot include your intensely EV trained pokes. for me, i'd probably limit this to pokes 61-120 on the depth chart (when doing a roulette, i mix up the guys in my boxes, so they aren't really in that order). that way everyone could compete on a level playing field, and it'd be hilarious to see what kind of crap everyone gets stuck using.

tbh, i'm getting kind of burned out of the intense competitive battling scene. i miss the good old days of pokemon being fun. that's why i LOVE this idea of yours, Diddy. i really hope we can get enough people interested.

--

The destructor has gone

January 26, 2011 at 4:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I hope we can too! If there aren't many people we could always play some L4D on steamd or something btw.. No matter what happens, I'd love some PR gaming fun! I'd get stuck with a BUNCH of crap in roulette

January 26, 2011 at 7:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

alright guys... haven't heard much of a response on this one. please post here and say whether you will or will not be showing up and if you plan to participate in battling. we want you there even if you won't be battling, but we want as many battlers as we can get too.

let me just make one last thing clear: DO NOT THINK YOU HAVE TO BE "GOOD" TO PARTICIPATE. all you need is a gen 4 game, a way to connect it to wifi, and some pokemon. that's it. they don't need to be EVed. Diddy and i both have non-EVed pokemon we plan to use. hell, i don't think ill break out my main battlers all night. this is not a hardcore thing. this is for FUN. but it's only fun if people join in on it. so please, participate if you can.

whatever battle you like doing best, be it singles or doubles, tiered or roulette, whatEVER, all you have to do is be like "hey, anybody wanna have a X battle?" seriously, if you have the three requirements i mentioned above, there is no reason you shouldn't do this with us.

--

The destructor has gone

January 27, 2011 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I'm joining for sure. However remember how I had so many roulette pokes Nick? I don't have them anymore. (I erased a majority of my battle Pokemon when I gave my Diamond to a friend)

I am not opposed to Roulette, but you will be seeing EV trained Pokes if I do.

Otherwise I totally and completely want to do this. All night. 

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

January 28, 2011 at 12:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

CJ, your new picture and signature are full of 99.9%, 24-karat WIN (the .1% is awesomeness).

also, i need some info from you so i can put your HG run in the HoF.

--

The destructor has gone

January 28, 2011 at 12:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

(Thank you!)

What info do you need?

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 28, 2011 at 1:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

your character's name

a condensed version of the rules you followed

the six pokes you beat red with, with nicknames and levels

the pokemon who died during your run

the date the run began/ended

you can look at the entries already in there for examples.

--

The destructor has gone

January 28, 2011 at 1:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Cecil (Technically, I wrote him as Jivide on accident)

1 & 2 (standard). 3 Battle Style Set. 4 Only use items I found. I only bought Pokeballs from the Mart.

Leliana lv.82 Feraligatr, Oghren lv.82 Golem, Promise lv.82 Dragonite, Piers lv.82 Armaldo, Deadbeard lv. 83 Lugia, and Felix lv.82 Tyranitar.

I lost: Sten the Drowzee (lv.15), Zevran the Gastly (lv.18 ) Morrigan the Ariados (lv.29), Anora the Flaafy (lv.29), Alistair the Umbreon (lv.36), Felsi the Machamp (lv. 37), Wynne the Pidgeot (lv. 44), howe the Electrode (lv. 42), Cauthrien the Jynx (lv. 43), Issac the Vileplume (lv.46), amd Saturos the Honchkrow (lv.56).  ((May they all rest in peace))

I began in like... September? I must have finished around November I think....

That all you need?

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 28, 2011 at 1:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

check it out.

--

The destructor has gone

January 28, 2011 at 1:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Radical! (Kids still say that right?)

Thanks man.

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 28, 2011 at 1:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

And now a Word from our sponsers:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, friends. Look at your calendar, now back to me, now back at your calendar, now back to me. Sadly, your calendar doesn't involve me, but if you stopped doing other non-PR things and joined PR's Battle Night, it could have me in it. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a battlefield with the Pokemon you would like to battle with. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s a Cloyster with two Full Restores for that Pokemon you love. Look again, the Full Restores are now Mews. Anything is possible when you come to PR's Battle Night. I’m on a Rapidash.

"How many Outrages does it take to get to the Squishy center of Nick's Team?"

"Well let's find out- a 1 *CRUNCH*"

"Oh.. it only takes 1?"

*awkward*.....

The world now knows.

"SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY! HARMONY BATTLES THE ELITE FOUR OF SINNOH!

AARON, THE LOCUST PLAQUE BRINGER!

BERTHA THE EARTHSHAPER!

FLINT THE HELL RAISER!

LUCIAN THE MIND CRUSHER!

AAAAAAAND CYNTHIA THE HOMICDAL PAIN TRAIN OF DOOM!!

THIS SATURDAY ONLY AT 7! CAN HARMONY SURVIVE THE HARSH STING OF AARON'S DRAPION? CAN SHE RESIST SINKING INTO THE GROUND AS BERTHA'S GOLEM RIPS IT ASSUNDER?! CAN SHE TOLLERATE FLINT'S CLOSET HOMOSEXUAL TENDENCIES LONG ENOUGH TO CRUSH HIS INFERNAPE?! WILL SHE SURVIVE THE TORTURE AND DESTRUCTION LUCIAN'S BRONZONG DISHES OUT??? AND CAN SHE POSSIBLY STOP THE TYRANT CYNTHIA'S REIGN OF TERROR AGAINST THE MIGHT OF THE MIGHTY GARCHOMP?!

TUNE IN SATURDAY SATURDAY SATURDAY ON PR AT 7pm AND FIND OUT!

(Free admission but we charge you to leave)

Tune in this Saturday after the Harmony Elite Four battle for an all new episode of Squishy Addorable Ditto!

"It's Ditto! The loveable, stuffable, friend!"( that's the theme song)

Ditto is in for a rough awakening when he finds out he's slower than all the other pokemon. He can't even beat a Magikarp (AWWWWW :( *audience sadness). But things look up as Ash brings him a Choice Scarf and Ditto can begin to outspeed every one else! (YAY! :D *audience excited*). Can Ditto manage to beat that awful Gary Oak for Ash now that he has his Scarf? Can he Transform fast enough to be useful? Tune in Saturday after the battle to find out!

(Here's a hint: No. Ditto can't do [email protected]# against Gary because he's Gary MFKING Oak)

COME TO BATTLE NIGHT.

(glad to see you'll be here CJ!)

January 28, 2011 at 2:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Many a great man has aspired to try and do what you just did there. For your achievement, I salute you sir.

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Diddy mah boi, this post is what all true warriors strive for!

...yes, i did change my picture to King Harkinian just so i could say that. but that's just how epic your post was.

(link included in case anyone doesn't get the meme)

BES

--

The destructor has gone

January 28, 2011 at 11:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments