Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > Double Battles?

B "Diddy" M

Now that I'm "battle ready" and into the competitive battling scene here, I was thinking it'd be fun to do some double battles so 4 people on PR can be in one video and spice it up. It will also add a little more communication between people since they'll have to plan out their pokemon and such.. granted that might be better when more people aren't "RL friends" but the 2v2 battles would be fun anyway.

January 17, 2011 at 3:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

B "Diddy" M at January 17, 2011 at 3:09 AM

Now that I'm "battle ready" and into the competitive battling scene here, I was thinking it'd be fun to do some double battles so 4 people on PR can be in one video and spice it up. It will also add a little more communication between people since they'll have to plan out their pokemon and such.. granted that might be better when more people aren't "RL friends" but the 2v2 battles would be fun anyway.

DUDE... i freaking love this idea. i'm in. we must develop this further.

--

The destructor has gone

January 17, 2011 at 3:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I'd be interested once I get my DS connected. (I just beat the Elite Four in HG)

...of course, I play pretty casually. I've never had much chance to play competitively.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

January 19, 2011 at 6:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i guess we just randomly throw four people together, and each brings three of their favorite pokes. no communication between any of the four is permitted before or during the battle, just to make it interesting, random, and lulzy.

another interesting twist might be to do this just with nuzlocke pokes.

--

The destructor has gone

January 19, 2011 at 7:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Nick, your idea is great and all, and I'm gonna let you continue on with it, but I just want to say that my idea is the greatest idea there ever was.

Now, more seriously, I'm all for the double battle thing...but I don't really see where the "RL friends" thing matters...if you aren't friends with someone, but want to pair with them in a 2v2....that is what these forums are for, right?  And the idea of limiting it to only Nuzlocke pokes is kinda bleh, IMO, because it leaves me out of the scene, where as I would love to join into it.

I also dislike the non communication rule, but that is because I like to plan.  But that is just me.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

January 19, 2011 at 9:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Mitsuo-Dexl at January 19, 2011 at 9:12 PM

Nick, your idea is great and all, and I'm gonna let you continue on with it, but I just want to say that my idea is the greatest idea there ever was.

Now, more seriously, I'm all for the double battle thing...but I don't really see where the "RL friends" thing matters...if you aren't friends with someone, but want to pair with them in a 2v2....that is what these forums are for, right?  And the idea of limiting it to only Nuzlocke pokes is kinda bleh, IMO, because it leaves me out of the scene, where as I would love to join into it.

I also dislike the non communication rule, but that is because I like to plan.  But that is just me.

not my idea, it's Diddy's.

i obviously wasn't suggesting doing a double battle with nuzlocke pokes and then never doing double battles again... and it's not leaving anyone out anyway, you're welcome to do a nuzlocke run whenever you please. but anyway, the original intent was to do a normal double battle or two, then maybe do one just with nuzlocke guys.

i like to plan too, but i don't want this to be too serious. this is just, as they say, for teh lulz. since double battles get pretty ugly sometimes due to poor communication, i figured the best way to go would be to eliminate communication altogether. but again, this is something we can try both ways; do one where teammates can talk and plan, and do one where they can't. 

--

The destructor has gone

January 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

My comment about RL friends and communication was more of a if there was someone new that we didn't know well or someone new that wanted to get in on PR stuff, putting them in a 2v2 battle (which involved communication and strategizing) would be great. It's be an ice breaker for new people to be able to jump right into the PR action. Of course, people should be able to choose whoever they want to play with if it's a tournament thing or whatever. I was just saying that it gives a good avenue for new peeps to break in-- most people here know each other in real life so communication isn't really problem.

I'd like to do random battles though. It spices things up a bit for sure. Not knowing who you're playing with and relying on your 3 favorites is risky and kinda gives a rush. I approve! Just let me know where to sign.

January 19, 2011 at 9:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

BESs

so we've got two definite yeses, one willing but unable to connect, and one is Del. so idk. lol

as soon as we get 4 willing and able people, let's do this.

--

The destructor has gone

January 19, 2011 at 9:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

And Del is willing to do it.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

January 20, 2011 at 10:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

1 more and we got the doubles! Woo

January 20, 2011 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

problem is, i have no idea where we might find that one more. everyone else i can think of who'd want to can't connect their DS to wifi (CJ, Ash). maybe Com will save us?

--

The destructor has gone

January 21, 2011 at 1:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

sounds great, still gotta find wifi. i think its just whoever wants to battle will battle. in fact, we could set up a tier when everyone IS capable of getting on. find out who the champ of PR is :p also, i think we should maybe have both reg. teams & locke teams

--
January 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

MasterAshinator at January 21, 2011 at 11:20 AM

sounds great, still gotta find wifi. i think its just whoever wants to battle will battle. in fact, we could set up a tier when everyone IS capable of getting on. find out who the champ of PR is :p also, i think we should maybe have both reg. teams & locke teams

nah, this may just be me but i don't wanna take double battles too seriously. may just be because i never learned how to play them, but still. if you guys wanna do a hardcore tier system/tournament-type thing, i'll participate, but meh.

--

The destructor has gone

January 21, 2011 at 11:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I am up for this. I like all ideas presented so far (barring Nuzlocke only Doubles), although random no communication sounds most lulzy and therefore most interesting to me.

Count me in, I'll call the Tech Support place today and get my MAC address into the books so I can use Wi-fi here at school (That is what our problem was last year Nick)

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

January 21, 2011 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

sweeeeet i think we have our four

--

The destructor has gone

January 21, 2011 at 12:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

LET THE DOUBLE BATTLES BEGIN.

Choice Scarf Ditto, GO!

January 26, 2011 at 3:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

maybe we can finally do this as part of your BATTLE NIGHT idea, which i will address next and i love it and i will be promoting the hell out of it.

--

The destructor has gone

January 26, 2011 at 11:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

Crimson DESTR0YA at January 26, 2011 at 11:48 AM

maybe we can finally do this as part of your BATTLE NIGHT idea, which i will address next and i love it and i will be promoting the hell out of it.

I totally approve this message! LET'S DO IT.

Can we ignore duplicate pokemon / item so I can use 3 choice scarfed Dittos? COME ON!

January 26, 2011 at 2:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

if you wanna use 3 scarfed dittos, you have my permission to use 3 scarfed dittos. ONE time.

--

The destructor has gone

January 26, 2011 at 4:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments