Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Nick's Crystal Nuzlocke Run

Cecil-Jacobs

Espeon will easy OHKO the Gengar. Most likely could take a Shadow Ball from one too just because Ghost is Attack in that game.

The Machamp is a more difficult to say yay or nay to. Machamp has a deceptively high Sp.Df and it is only x2 stab. I say prolly but I cannot say absolute yes.

You can stream if you want. I will follow you.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

January 1, 2011 at 3:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Cecil-Jacobs at January 1, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Espeon will easy OHKO the Gengar. Most likely could take a Shadow Ball from one too just because Ghost is Attack in that game.

The Machamp is a more difficult to say yay or nay to. Machamp has a deceptively high Sp.Df and it is only x2 stab. I say prolly but I cannot say absolute yes.

You can stream if you want. I will follow you.

cool, i was more worried about the gengar than the machamp; it knows d-bond, and i REALLY wanna kill that thing before it gets a chance to pull that off. since this is prior to the days of payback and crap like that, i'm not at all scared to take one hit from the machamp.

alright, i'll definitely still do it on group chat then. i've at least got you and Lemur and that's enough for me.

9:00 sound good?

--

The destructor has gone

January 1, 2011 at 3:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

absolute last update before the elite four

01JAN11

Last Save: Indigo Plateau

Jack lv.40

Zaprong lv.50

Shadow lv.49

Pete Wentz lv.44

Roxanne (Onix) lv.33

Ole Red lv.32

i noticed Shadow was only a few thousand exp away from lv.49, so i ran back into victory road, resolved to attempt to catch whatever my first encounter may be.

it was an onix, which isn't at all what i was hoping for but not terrible either. this way, i can put her in my elite four party and use her high defense to my advantage as emergency fodder, while still not risking Rocky who i plan to turn into a crucial steelix in Kanto. after catching Roxanne, i grinded Shadow up to lv.49 (this took about 2 minutes, that's how close he was).

i decided on Ole Red as my sixth, just because he's fairly bulky and is capable of dishing some damage with dragon rage and thrash, should i need him to do so.

gathered up all my healing items, i have:

5 hyper potions (200 HP each)

6 max potions (all HP)

6 full restores (all HP + status conditions)

4 full heals (status conditions)

4 super potions (50 HP each)

3 potions (20 HP each)

i also have a few berries of various descriptions here and there. seeing as how no one on my team has more than 151 HP, this is obviously overkill. this should also have me set for Red, and i haven't even been to Kanto yet! i'm hoping not to use any of these, but i will if i have to to save a friend.

as for held items, i have a magnet on Zaprong (don't worry, he gets how the fucking thing works), blackglasses on Shadow, charcoal on Jack, mystic water on Pete, and a normal berry on Roxanne and Ole Red. for the battle with lance, Zaprong's fuckin' magnet will be replaced with nevermeltice, just to make SURE his un-STABed ice punch OHKOs.

Harmony's ultimate challenge starts in 4 hours and 47 minutes.

she hopes you'll be there to cheer her on.

--

The destructor has gone

January 1, 2011 at 5:13 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

no deaths. no healing items. it was about as close to perfection as you can get.

01JAN11

Last Save: New Bark Town

Jack lv.40

Zaprong lv.52

Shadow lv.51

Pete Wentz lv.44

Roxanne lv.33

Ole Red lv.32

wow guys, as much as i'd like to go on an epic rant about how awesome it was and everything that happened... there's really not much to say.

i didn't even get attacked until bruno's hitmonchan mach punched Shadow (for 11 damage. lol). umbreon and houndoom were the only things that didn't just lay down quietly, and they did jack nothing with the turns they had. Zaprong OHKOed every single member of lance's team, the 'nites to ICE... PAWNCH! (quoth the Lemur) and everything else to a t-bolt. none of my guys went under half health. it was mostly just Shadow and Zaprong, Jack took out the forretress and Pete Wentz got the houndoom and onix.

so that's it! Harmony is the new pokemon league champion! Harmony, what are you going to do now that you've beaten the elite four?

"i'm going to disney world!"

yeah, um... this is a nintendo game. there's no disney in your world.

"oh... well, shit."

you could always go to kanto i guess, beat those gym leaders, maybe even throw Red on the ground?

"my dad's not a phone, if that's what you're thinking."

no one was suggesting that, Harmony...

"YOU CAN'T BUY ME, HOT DOG MAN!"

"dude, i'm totally messing with you. fine, whatever, i'll go to kanto. what else am i gonna do, listen to professor oak's radio show? that's about as easy to follow as listening to John Madden try to explain what a first down is."

how do you know about John Madden? ... or football, for that matter?

"... i think we're done here."

so tomorrow, i embark on the second half of my quest. beat up all the trainers on ss aqua, then get my metal coat and hook up pokemon stadium 2 and turn Rocky into a steelix. my goal after that is to do the absolute bare minimum required to get the silver wing, then go and master ball lugia. then i clear the rest of the gyms, level up til i'm confident i can beat Red, and then my run will be over. feels like i just started... god, this run has been fun. and it only gets better! stay tuned.

--

The destructor has gone

January 2, 2011 at 1:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

bringing Kanto to its knees, one underpowered gym leader at a time

02JAN11

Last Save: Celadon CIty

Jack lv.43

Rocky lv.45

Zaprong lv.53

Shadow lv.52

Pete Wentz lv.46

Luigi (Lugia) lv.60

i had Rocky clear out the ss aqua and gain some nice level ups, then i got the metal coat from the worst grandfather in the history of the world. Stadium 2 had me worried there for a minute... one of my gameboy cartridge adaptors wasn't working =/ but, after about five minutes of experimentation and holding the controller firmly in place in a way that made my hand cramp up, i managed to make it work long enough to trade Rocky to my old Silver game and back, evolving him into a steelix in the process. this is big... i plan on using him a lot in the upcoming Red battle.

so he EQed all of vermillion gym, and then i ran through the power plant sidequest as quickly as i could in order to get the silver wing in pewter city and then run back to johto to get lugia. the snorlax gave me a fight, but i caught it (it's a female, i named her Feboomer, a reference to what i call female boomers in L4D2), but perhaps more importantly, i got an extra leftovers out of the deal.

with that out of the way, i ran through diglett's cave and got the silver wing from the old man in pewter (i love that guy). then i got copycat girl her pokedoll back and rode the train back to goldenrod.

after spending about 15 figuring out which damn entrance to use in whirl islands (using repels every step of the way, don't worry), i finally worked my way to lugia, who i master balled. with this, my ultimate team is complete. i'd like to nominate it for the title of best team ever assembled in a nuzlocke run. i can't imagine how you could do much better (or luckier).

with lugia in tow, i then went around hitting various gyms that i felt like hitting. i got pewter, vermillion, and celadon so far, saffron, cerulean, and fuchsia will soon follow.

not knowing exactly which pokemon i want from each area i encountered, and not really caring at the moment, i just used repels every time i had to enter tall grass or surf over water. so my only two wild pokemon encounters today were snorlax and lugia.

i'm already looking ahead to the Red fight, and i must say his espeon scares the shit out of me. since pikachu can't touch steelix, i had a plan to teach him curse to set up a sweep, but the charizard and/or the blastoise will obviously ruin that. if i can get both of those out of the way, maybe i can set up curses on the snorlax... it's not too threatening either... i also like the idea of bringing in lapras to use perish song on the shit i can't handle. that's still in the works, but everything up to that point should be cake. i'll probably have everything except for Red finished in a day or two, but my preparations for Red himself will probably take me several days to complete.

--

The destructor has gone

January 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i gotta stop updating multiple times a day... not that there will be too many more updates.

02JAN11

Last Save: Fuchsia City

Holly (Lapras) lv.42

Pete Wentz lv.46

Rocky lv.47

Shadow lv.54

Zaprong lv.55

Luigi lv.60

yes, you saw right: Jack is not in my team. don't worry, he didn't die... i benched him. that's right. i benched my starter. i hated to, believe me... but looking ahead to the fight with Red, he just isn't really an asset =/ fire isn't the most useful type, and if i ever do need it, i've got that covered with Zaprong. he also had t-punch (again, Zaprong has t-bolt, and STAB at that) and his other two moves, quick attack and smokescreen, i have literally never used. so i don't think i'll start now.

i decided Holly the lapras was a much greater asset, thanks to her bulk, Red's relative inability to deal with water once you get pikachu out of the way, and most of all, perish song. confuse ray is a nice way to create some hax too. but she's mostly here to perish song the espeon, take one psychic from it, and then i switch to my own espeon (or lugia) and let his die to perish song. might also help with the snorlax, although i'm hoping Rocky can take him (there's not much his snorlax can do to a steelix).

so, i spent a good chunk of my playtime this evening getting Holly from level 20 to 42. but now she's pretty much caught up to the rest of my team (Jack was lv.43 when i benched him). i cleared route 25 and then beat misty, then i ran back to saffron and took out sabrina. cleared cycling road, then on to fuchsia where i threw janine on the FLOOR. wait... that doesn't sound right. oh well.

tomorrow, i guess i do everything else there is to do in kanto. then i'll search the world for free shit, grind for more level ups, maybe buy drugs for my pokemon since i won't ever need money again. i also need to figure out what i want to try to catch here in kanto... if anything... i STILL have not encountered any wild pokemon here except Feboomer and Luigi.

BESs

BESs

apparently, if you go back to the ss aqua, there's a new batch of trainers there each time? that's cool. there's also that guy in viridian city who has a lv.50 meganium, feraligatr, and typhlosion if i remember correctly. and there's always the elite four for cheap and easy level ups. what levels should i aim for for my guys? Red's are 73-81.

--

The destructor has gone

January 2, 2011 at 10:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

just one final challenge remains.

03JAN11

Last Save: SIlver Cave

Pete Wentz lv.46

Holly lv.49

Rocky lv.50

Shadow lv.57

Zaprong lv.58

Luigi lv.60

first, i cleared out every single route in kanto, battling every trainer i saw and gathering all the exp i possibly could except by outright grinding.

then i took on blaine with Holly, and won. i took Gary MOTHERFUCKING Oak down, and despite the fact that his team was higher leveled than mine, i didn't even take a hit.

so guys... this is it. the next and only remaining task for me before i can proclaim my latest nuzlocke challenge a success is Red himself.

don't let the fact that my last save was at mt. silver fool you; i am by no means ready. in fact, i used repels the whole way up there, i didn't even encounter a pokemon yet, much like the rest of kanto. i just wanted to unlock it so i could fly there later.

this is my last update of any substance until i fight Red. i will continue to update with my pokemon's progress as i grind for additional pylons i mean level ups, but there is simply nothing else for me to do except the final challenge. i always thought they made kanto too short and too easy in gen 2. but, so far this has taken me longer than my LG run did, and i spent at least as much time per day on it (if not more).

now my days will consist of challenging Cal, the elite four, and the trainers on ss aqua, probably the wild pokes on mt. silver too, just for more level ups.

so here's where i need your help, PR.

i have still not used any healing items in this run, outside of a few berries and lefties which were held by my pokemon. i stated in my very first update that i'd allow these.

i can beat Red with just a few more level ups for Holly, Pete, and Rocky. i watched chuggaaconroy beat Red in Crystal with a team in the high-50s, with minimal healing. and i daresay he's not even as good at pokemon as i am (he's ok, but he's never make it as a competitive battler).

but, i certainly would not wager that i can do it without healing. it may be possible, if i get a little lucky... but even then, i'd probably lose a couple pokemon in the process. technically, this is the end, so it wouldn't matter, in a way. but... i've grown attached to these guys. i love my pokemon. yes, i've coasted because i am both lucky and OP'd. but i worked hard to make them OP'd, and i feel like all the luck is their little gift to me. whenever Shadow's bite gave me flinch hax, that little 8-bit sprite and the little block of code that serves as his soul, i saw that as his way of saying "i love you." when i hatched elekid from my odd egg, i saw that as Crystal saying "hey. thank you for buying me 10 years ago, and thank you for playing me three times over." i felt sad when Heath Bell and Jelly died. i felt jubilation when i watched Zaprong's ice punch OHKO that lv.50 dragonite.

you get my point. i don't want them to die. not even in the final challenge, not even knowing that i'll never play with them again, whether they live or die. a lot of you implied during my excruciatingly well-planned LeafGreen run that i did it wrong, that i was too cold and calculated, that i missed the point of the challenge. that wasn't true then and it isn't true now. it's just who i am. i'm a tactician; i am always going to plan everything that i do as much as i possibly can. it doesn't always work out so well in life but in video games, especially ones structured such as pokemon games are, it works great.

maybe it'd feel better to you if you didn't plan, just let things fall as they may, but my mind doesn't work like that. if i just went with the flow and something went wrong, it would bother me. i would torture myself over whatever wrong decision i made, or neglected to make. torture is too strong of a word, it wouldn't keep me awake at night or anything, but you know what i mean. i couldn't enjoy the experience. that would never be fun to me. i just don't work that way.

so... that rant went in an unintended direction, but i think i'll keep it just because i wanted to get that out there. i am a cold-blooded hardass, yes, but there is a heart pumping that cold blood through my veins. and that heart has grown attached to Harmony and her pokemon, and i don't want to see any of them fall.

now, having said all of that, i have two options:

1. i can try Red with a team in the high 50s, and rely on healing items. Here is a link to chugga's battle, proving success can be achieved this way (remember, his wasn't a nuzlocke run).

2. i can do a sholad of grinding and get a team well into the 60s, maybe try for a floor of 70, and try to do this whole thing without healing items.

BESs

i have my feelings for which way i should go here, but i also value the opinions and desires of the people who have followed this run. so i leave it up to you, PR. tell me which you'd rather see.

--

The destructor has gone

January 3, 2011 at 7:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I say try to beat it as that guy in the video did.

Mainly because the narcissism in your post would make me lol if it didn't work, but that's me.  Plus...it just seems more epic of you to do it that way, and saves a lot of time grinding, which (to me) is the most boring part of any RPG.  On another note, I don't (and probably won't ever, or at least until Black and White) go by Nuzlocke rules, so I wouldn't really know how much using healing items and not using healing really affects the game.  I would say that you could probably even go in the mid-50s without using healing items and come out fine, but in the interest of saving your Pokemon, you might wanna go in with healing.

TL;DR:  Do it now.  Preferably without healing, but I understand if you want to save as many Pokemon as you possibly can through the run.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

January 3, 2011 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

it affects it tremendously, considering that one wrong move or one gay crit can mean the end for any of your pokemon, and if that pokemon is a key anchor of your team, it could potentially doom your whole run.

if you allow items, all you have to do is build a team of walls and chip away at your opponent while healing religiously. i imagine you could beat any pokemon game quite easily in this fashion.

if i attempt Emerald again, or perhaps a sinnoh game, i may do it while allowing healing items, just to see the difference for myself. but all i know is there are several spots where i've lost/almost lost pokemon and i thought to myself, "man, if only i could use a full restore right about now..."

anyway, if i fight him now, it will not be without healing. the level difference is just too great.

--

The destructor has gone

January 3, 2011 at 8:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Yeah,  even so, the youtube video guy only used one healing item, and you said your self he n00bed it up in a few places.  So I figure a tactician like you can manage it with no healing items, barring the gay crit/cheathax.

I think you, of all people, could accomplish it without healing.  Especially if someone whom you consider lesser (in terms of Pokemanz skill) could do it with only using one healing item.  Who knows?  Maybe it is something to try after you have completed this run the way you feel is necessary.

Anywayz, good luck, hope you win (I know you will).

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

January 3, 2011 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

he also let two of his pokemon die, which is something i can't do. and you always have to assume gay crits and hax will happen. i'm sure you also noticed he got two important crits in his battle as well. the way i see it, the luck he got balanced out the mistakes he made, which leaves us with two dead pokemon and one healing item used on a level playing field. maybe my skill can make up for the 2 deaths and one potion, but i can't make the assumption that i'll get a level playing field.

--

The destructor has gone

January 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

here's my progress after two elite four runs:

Pete Wentz lv.48

Rocky lv.51

Holly lv.52

Zaprong lv.60

Shadow lv.60

Luigi lv.60

i'm done for the night.

--

The destructor has gone

January 4, 2011 at 12:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

Just my opinion, but I would level up til I was about ready to shoot myself. So far, your team may be ready. You can try as long as you can without items until you ABSOLUTELY need them as it may save a poke or your match all together. So, go with what you had planned and bring em.

--
January 4, 2011 at 7:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

MasterAshinator at January 4, 2011 at 7:17 AM

Just my opinion, but I would level up til I was about ready to shoot myself. So far, your team may be ready. You can try as long as you can without items until you ABSOLUTELY need them as it may save a poke or your match all together. So, go with what you had planned and bring em.

you just want me to shoot myself.

--

The destructor has gone

January 4, 2011 at 10:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

like 5 or 6 elite four runs later, and here are the results. they're all starting to run together in my mind at this point...

04JAN11

Pete Wentz lv.51

Rocky lv.54

Holly lv.60

Luigi lv.60

Shadow lv.63

Zaprong lv.63

obviously, my focus this morning has been getting Holly up to 60, which i did. i'm now focused on getting Pete Wentz up there as well. once everyone is at least 60, i'll reassess the situation. Rocky will be a little slow; although he is getting boosted experience because he's traded, there's not that much in the elite four that he likes to go up against. so far i've been giving him the muk, the crobat, and the umbreon, and these three pokes are good for about a level up every other run. i may just get him to 60 with wild pokes in mt. silver, but then again Pete Wentz is leveling up pretty slowly, so he may get there before Pete does anyway.

i'm itching to play some GoldenEye Wii, and the Sugar Bowl is tonight, so this is probably all i'll do in Crystal today. although i do have a bit of a time constraint on me now... i wanna do Red sometime before Ashley leaves so she can follow it on group chat (she can't access the site at home anymore). so look for it to happen in the next few days.

--

The destructor has gone

January 4, 2011 at 2:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

You have til like the 16th lol. And I had a virus that was cutting off my internet. Fixed it, so it should work now.

--
January 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

MasterAshinator at January 4, 2011 at 6:58 PM

You have til like the 16th lol. And I had a virus that was cutting off my internet. Fixed it, so it should work now.

well shit, i go back on the 10th. it seems like everyone gets a super-long break except for me =/

--

The destructor has gone

January 4, 2011 at 10:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i said i'd reassess once i got to a floor of 60, and that's exactly where i am.

05JAN11

Last Save: Silver Cave

Rocky lv.60

Holly lv.61

Pete Wentz lv.61

Luigi lv.61

Shadow lv.65

Zaprong lv.66

i'm now within 10-15 level's of Red's pokemon. factoring in my pokerus-enhanced EVs and the fact that my intelligence is not limited to 10-year old portable gaming code, i'd say i officially have the advantage going into this fight now.

if you read the Thinking Out Loud thread i made a few nights ago, you've seen that i have strategies in mind for all six of his pokes. pikachu and venusaur will go down instantly. snorlax and blastoise will die to perish song, and i have pokemon to effectively stall each out while i wait for that to happen. Shadow can take his espeon, and SOMETHING can take his charizard. i've literally got about 5 options for him.

i don't want to heal. and i don't want to lose a pokemon.

if nothing dumb happens, i got this. but throw in critical hits, maybe snorlax gets parahax with body slam (that's what killed Heath Bell...), maybe venusaur decides to sunny day and charizard roams free, i don't know.

but if i do any more leveling up, it'll seal it for me. and i don't want it to be sealed. i think this level is perfect. it's enough of a challenge that i can still do everything i want to do, but it's also still up to me to call a perfect game. i still have to make the right decisions.

all this means that i am officially ready for Red. i'd do it tonight, but i've given no notice up to this point, so i am now setting a tentative time for 8:00 tomorrow night, January 6.

--

The destructor has gone

January 5, 2011 at 4:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

change of plans. i will be streaming live video of my battle with Red tomorrow night at 8. just go here and join the chat:

http://tinychat.com/shenaenay

--

The destructor has gone

January 5, 2011 at 5:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Harmony's adventure of a lifetime has come to an end.

06JAN11

Last Save: Silver Cave

Rocky lv.60

Holly lv.61

Pete Wentz lv.61

Luigi lv.61

Shadow lv.65

Zaprong lv.66

Red led with pikachu, i led with Rocky. charm missed, i'm not sure if it would've mattered but i got the easy OHKO. i think it would have killed anyway, based on the fact that chuggaaconroy's donphan OHKOed Red's pikachu after a charm (donphan has better atk than steelix, but my steelix was higher leveled and likely better EVed).

next came Red's espeon, and i countered with my own espeon. one shadow ball took his espeon to the yellow, as he set up a reflect. this i wasn't crazy about, but for now anyway, the fact that i had the special-based bite sealed the 2HKO on his espeon.

then came the snorlax, and i meant to switch out to Rocky right then but my controller decided that Shadow should stay in =/ not that it mattered, i switched to Rocky on the first turn as he set up an amnesia. obviously, since Rocky is only gonna attack from the physical side, this was irrelevant. reflect still bothered me though, so i spent my first two turns using screech and thankfully both hit, while he was doing about 20 damage a turn with body slam (thank you, pokerus. lol). after my second screech, reflect wore off, so i figured after -4 defense EQ should OHKO. but it juuuuuust barely failed to kill, leaving him at a sliver of HP. this still surprises me, even though Rocky's 15 levels lower. fortunately, Red decided he'd rather not heal, and a second EQ did the job.

next up was venusaur, and i go back to Shadow. based on chugga's battle, i thought it'd be an easy 2HKO. instead it was an easy ONE hit KO. i guess Shadow is just that much more epic than Vui (his espeon). that and 10 levels higher. XD at any rate, i was not expecting to take it out with one psychic, so i did and that was the end of the venusaur.

surprisingly, he sent out his charizard now. i was under the impression that he almost always saved him for last. but he didn't, so i went to Pete Wentz here to take it without the benefit of rain. i also heard that he pretty much just spams flamethrower no matter what; this also turned out to be false. he used fire spin instead. however, and again, i'm not sure how much this matters, but Pete got a crit and OHKOed the 'zard with a surf. an OHKO crit means a definite 2HKO without, and fire spin did nothing, and since Pete is a suicune with pokerus-enhanced EVs, even a crit slash probably wouldn't have done half. so it was doomed no matter how you sliced it.

meaning his final pokemon was his blastoise. there were several ways i could've gone here; it's a shame that Zaprong, who had carried me this far, hadn't been used up to this point. but she's not the most defensive thing out there, and i still had my no-items streak intact at this point. so i went the no-risk route. i send in Holly, who uses perish song and takes a surf like it's nothing. here's where i got dumb though: while devising this strat, i forgot about whirlpool. if he'd used whirlpool on Holly, and lasted at least three turns, i wouldn't have been able to switch her out and she would have died to her own perish song. i really didn't realize this until i switched to Pete Wentz and then 'stoise used whirlpool on him instead. i still would have won... i had it on lockdown as soon as Holly sang her victory song... but if he had whirlpooled her instead of surfed, i would have lost my lapras in the process =/ that's not what happened though, and after 2 more turns of Pete Wentz taking virtually no damage, the blastoise was dead and Red was defeated.

Harmony of New Bark Town is now the most powerful thing in all of both Kanto and Johto.

that, obviously, concludes my run. i did it without using any healing items, even during the elite four and even during the battle with Red. i did take advantage of held berries and leftovers and the like, but i stated when i began the run that these would be allowed. i also held true to my promise not to USE berries on pokemon... every healing item that was activated during this run was consumed while held by a pokemon in battle, and i am confidant that they had absolutely zero impact on this run. i still like the rule though, and i'm keeping it for all future nuzlocke runs i do.

seven pokemon died in the making of this epic:

Purdue OWL (Hoothoot): Used as fodder against Francis in Azalea Town

Heath Bell (Weepinbell): Died as a result of the haxiest three turns of this entire run, against Psychic Norman outside Olivine City. This still angers and shames me to think about.

Dwight (Drowzee): Used as fodder against a trainer in Cianwood Gym

YelowDucky (Psyduck): Used as fodder against Clair

u jelly? (Tentacruel): Died against Clair. I mismanaged this one, buddy. I'm sorry.

Krabtastic (Krabby): Used as semi-fodder against Suicune

Very Large (Ursaring): Used as semi-fodder against Suicune

i already gave a personal message to the guys who died on my watch unintentionally. to the five i used as death fodder; i'm sorry for this too. i don't like using fodder, but if you hadn't died, someone on this final roster would have died, and i would not have gotten as far as i did. thank you.

overall, i dominated this run, but i'll be the first to tell you how lucky i got. there's no way i should get an elekid out of that egg, there's no way i should get pokerus, there's no way i shouldn't have run into half of the bullshit that got me in trouble in Emerald. but all i could do was make the best out of what i was given, and this is true of any run. this time, i got the best, and i made the best of it.

in the end, this run was even more satisfying than my LeafGreen run was, largely due to the fact that i did it completely without items, even counting the elite four. i had also forgotten how much i loved johto; i played HeartGold as soon as it was released last spring, but prior to that, it had been years since i'd finished a run on Crystal. following these rules and completing an entire quest by them will truly make you see the game in a new light.

thank you all for following my run and supporting me through it. i hope you enjoyed it as much as i did.

--

The destructor has gone

January 6, 2011 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments