Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Ashley's EPIC!!! (fail) Nuzlocke Run

MasterAshinator

Alright, I decided to jump on the bandwagon and find yet Another reason to /quit. SOOOOO (if you didn't read the title and just randomly clicked like a fucktard) I am starting the Nuzlocke Challenge! I am playing by Nick's rules, because his is the best. It even says so in the title. 

Two Differences:

1) I'm with CJ. NAME YOUR FUCKING POKEMON. You'd name your child, wouldn't you? Think of it like war. These are your men. These men are dying for your stupid and lame-ass cause. Give them a name. They deserve something to be remembered by. Yes, a tribute song is still necessary.

2) Elite Four seems to be a big issue. Why? Because they ARE a big issue. Those mother fuckers are going to tear your ass UP. Especially since you can't choose the pokemon you want from each area. Nick has decided to go with you can buy healing items ONLY for the Elite Four, excluding revives. I personally think it would be more challenging to only use items you've obtained in the game by not buying/trading. I also will exclude revives, even ones I have found.

Now that the bullshitting around is over...LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. err....Battle. 

Quick thing..for the fuckers too lazy to go back and look for it, Nick's Rules are here.

--
November 15, 2010 at 7:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

hey, i nicknamed mine too. i just don't care if anyone else does. i think it's dumb to make that a RULE so i chose not to mention it.

and you didn't say anything about excluding revives earlier, i thought i was the only one doing that... in that case, we're probably actually doing the exact same thing lol

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2010 at 7:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

I'm making it a rule :). I like it better that way. So you're not going to do the buy-items before thing?

--
November 15, 2010 at 7:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

if not, i'll only have like 7 chances to heal... i'm still deciding. i'll either do it like you said, or i'll make it so i can buy all i want BUT i can't heal mid-battle. considering how you also need to keep them alive because no revives, i think that makes up for it in difficulty. but the more i think about it, the more i like your way. all i'm against is the use of revives. that's my only requirement.

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2010 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

So...I predicted my own failure. I chose a female character and named her Asiea (Asia) and the rival Amerigo (America). I chose a bulbasaur, he chose charmander, of course. First UNAVOIDABLE battle? I hit him with tackle, he hits me with scratch. Everything is normal, right? No, it's not. The second turn, HE hits first and continues til the last turn. I had 3 HP left, and his HP was at the same level as mine. Basically, it was down to who hit who first. Of course, that cocklunch did and Asiea lost. Sign? I think so. Nick thought so. Therefore, I predicted my own EPIC FAIL and made the shortest Nuzlocke Run based on a fluke. ALSO, it goes to show that Asia will not defeat America. He'll go when it's not his turn and scratch her ass til it bleeds. Now that everyone knows I'm a complete loser (even though I didn't do anything wrong..NICK!!), I guess I'll retry.

--
November 15, 2010 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

On my second and (hopefully) final attempt, I name my character Vi (V) and her rival Kai (like kite, minus the T sound.) Vi chooses a Bulbasaur and names her Razor. As true to par, Kai picks Charmander and challanged Vi to a battle. Let's hope this one doesn't EPICLY FAIL like the last one, or fail at all for that matter. 

VI VS. KAI 

Razor starts with tackle, and Charmander uses scratch. Razor uses tackle again, only to be growled at. Razor tackles a third time, and Charmander deals 5 damage with scratch. With her hp 11/20, Razor is feeling pretty good about her chances. Charmander attacks first, though, and deals 4 damage. Maybe it won't go so well. Aha! Razor strikes first again! Both are down to their last whims of life, and Razor strikes.

The battle ends, Razor is healed, and Vi heads off to Viridian City.

ED: I ran into a pidgey. Too bad I don't have any pokeballs yet :/ Oh well. It was level 3. Razor tackled and got a Crit. In short, the pidgey went DOWN. 

--
November 15, 2010 at 9:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

you named your bulbasaur razor?

nah, ashley's not emo. what gave you that idea?

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2010 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

I ran into yet ANOTHER pidgey, a lvl 3. Hit twice, then a Crit. Same thing as last time, just reversed. Razor grew to level 6! Still wish I had pokeballs.

--
November 15, 2010 at 9:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

Crimson DESTR0YA at November 15, 2010 at 9:55 PM

you named your bulbasaur razor?

nah, ashley's not emo. what gave you that idea?

Haha no.....:D It's actually because of Razor Leaf. I don't know. I just wanted to name her Razor.

--
November 15, 2010 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

you got a female? nice. not that it matters, but i think the ratios for the starters are like 85/15 male/female. that's pretty cool.

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2010 at 10:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

it is pretty cool

--
November 15, 2010 at 11:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

yeah... when i got your platinum for christmas last year, you have NO IDEA how many times i had to restart to get you a female piplup...

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2010 at 11:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

got the POKEDEX!!! (cos nobody EVER gets those, right? Right?). So the first pokemon I encounter once I am capable of catching pokemon? Rattata. I really wanted a pidgey :/ Oh well. I caught it. My party is now Razor (bulbasaur) Level 6, Fangs (rattata) Level 2

ED: Ran into a pidgey as soon as I caught Fangs. It almost did Razor in. Got her down to 2HP and Fangs only had 3. I ran...sadly, but I had to.

--
November 15, 2010 at 11:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

no shame in running when the penalty is death. you'll be doing plenty of running in the early part of the game.

--

The destructor has gone

November 15, 2010 at 11:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

I know. I did it, but I still feel ashamed :p jk. Gotta save my Razor and Fangs! I haven't played since this last update so far, but I probably will tonight. I'm at school right now in history. I'm just messing with the site. Also, since I accidentally ignored your last post....yea, I was shocked I got a female too. Feels pretty cool though. Maybe we could use her for breeding or something later??

November 16, 2010 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

if she survives.

November 16, 2010 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

If... 

When the challenge is done we can "revive" her *cough cough* this is impossible if you're in the challenge. *cough cough* anyways, its not like Im releasing her or anything

--
November 16, 2010 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Good luck with your challenge! I'm glad you agree to be more attached with your Pokes. There should be a river of tears every time one dies. (Okay not really)

November 16, 2010 at 6:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I'M ATTACHED TO MY POKES!!!

i just thought it was dumb that that's an official RULE of the challenge. i don't think it's my place to tell other people how attached they should be. if they wanna be heartless bastards and not name anything, what do i care? i don't. it doesn't affect me. that's ALL i was saying by leaving that rule out.

--

The destructor has gone

November 16, 2010 at 8:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

This is my rules. Not yours :p Basically, people have a choice. So...Nuzlocke news!

Caught a Pidgey on Route 2, level 3. Named her Wings. My first encounter in Viridian forest..no joke. A Pikachu. level 3. Named her Sparkle. I officially have an all girl team at this point.

--
November 16, 2010 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments