Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Climb the Tallest Mountain, Punch RED in the Face.

Cecil-Jacobs

I have found the most Torturous and horrid of playthrough game ideas. You thought going through LeafGreen on Mono-type fire was hard? How about the Nuzlocke challenge?

Here are the rules:

1. If a pokemon faints, you must release it as soon as possible.

2. You can ONLY catch the first pokemon you encounter in a route/cave/town/area (You get the idea). If you defeat the first pokemon you see, tough shit, you get nothing from this area.

3. Obviously if you run out of pokemon, you must start again.

4. Potions, healing items of any kind infact, are DISALLOWED.

5. Give your pokemon nicknames, for fucks sake! Make them your little babies! CARE FOR THEM!

This has potential to be harsh and fun at the same time. If you spend your time near a pokecenter leveling up inordinately you are probably a dickhole; grinding should be frowned upon en mass but obviously it will be required to survive some parts...try to challenge yourself, don't just level your starter to 100 on the first route you see and run the game that way. If you have the patience to do that, I hate you already.

I guess this can be for any version, but soulsilver is rather barren for great mons (especially those you see first when you enter an area), so this is likely more challenging on this version. Seriously, try it on any version, any generation of the game.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

August 15, 2010 at 8:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

sounds doable, unfortunately i just started a normal run of FireRed like 3 days ago for the hell of it so it'll have to wait til i'm done with that but i think i will try this. probably on FireRed/LeafGreen, sounds the least gruesome. start with Bulbasaur to deal with the first two gyms, grab a Pidgey to deal with grass-types, hopefully get lucky and get a Geodude in Mt. Moon... buy the Magikarp from in front of Mt. Moon and get an early Gyarados, get a Jolteon in Celadon to make up for missing out on Pikachu. it'll suck not having a psychic til so late though. maybe i can find a Drowzee, if not Gastly is a decent fallback but not until after the Rocket hideout... there's a quick team right there. i hardly ever let my guys die anyway, but without healing items it'll be tough... minimal grinding and it should be doable though.

August 17, 2010 at 12:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator

You have more patience than I, then. 

--
October 5, 2010 at 2:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

so far, my run has gone amazingly close to how i planned it on this thread three months ago. only difference is i got the geodude in rock tunnel, not mt. moon. and i didn't find a drowzee but i'll get a gastly because well... that's ALL that's in the pokemon tower.

November 13, 2010 at 1:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Or Cubone or Ratatta. :/

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 13, 2010 at 10:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Also Nick, after you read my Heartgold thing tel me, is that going to keep your attention or would you rather just see bullets of information like yours?

November 13, 2010 at 11:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

i think cubone only appears in the top two floors or so, and there's no rattata, you're thinking of the sprout tower in johto. as long as i get it early in the tower, it'll be painfully low-leveled sure, but it should be a 100% thing.

as for the story, i provided some encouragement there but here i'll say that i'd rather SEE a story like how you're doing it, i'd just rather WRITE bullets of information =P

November 13, 2010 at 12:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I didn't mean to dog on your style of presentation. I was more just curious if someone was going to read what I would write. Since you liked it expect more today because I have nothing else to do!

I believe you are right when I think about it. Ratz are only in Sprout. 

November 13, 2010 at 1:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I don't know where to post it but... I GOT A FUCKING LARVITAR IN MR SILVER! 

Only 5% chance of getting one of those bastards.

WHOOOOO!

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 14, 2010 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

wow... awesome! dude that'll help immensely with red, if you care to devote the time to make him a 'tar... lead with him and he negates the hail, no more 100% blizzards in your face.

November 14, 2010 at 10:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Exactly my thought. I also picked up a Anorith and have my Old Golem so I could just go forth and make a Sandstorm team out of em'.

--

Ask me about my waifus

November 14, 2010 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments