Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Video Games (Miscellaneous) > Five Nights at Freddy's

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

This seems to be one of the most divisive games to hit the internet in awhile. I wanted to see what corner everyone is in.

I'd have to call myself a big fan. I'm not usually into horror games but the atmosphere and tantalizingly vague backstory draw me in bigtime.

Chica is my favorite bot, and no, I don't want to fuck her. Actually the crowd that seems to live only to accuse FNaF fans of being closeted furries really pisses me off. Yes, there's rule 34 of FNaF just like everything else, but I don't see it anywhere outside of its usual places on the internet. The game seems to get a lot of hate in general but it's the ones that try to label all fans as perverts in love with the robots that grind my gears.

--

The destructor has gone

December 4, 2014 at 10:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I've never played it, but from the streams I have watched, I'd say that it is very unique. Unique games will get my thumbs up 9 times out of 10, so I'm kind of biased towards saying it is good. I like the narrative - as little sense as it makes to me - and love that someone made a game about how freaking creepy those things are. I hated chuck e cheese cause of things like that!

--

December 5, 2014 at 1:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I liked Chuck E Cheese for the games, but I always steered way clear of the animatronics. Those guys are creepy even when they aren't trying to be, now I know how much creepier they get when they are trying...

--

The destructor has gone

December 5, 2014 at 1:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

I've also not played it myself, but watched a fair share of let's plays. I'm weak against horror games, so as good as it looks, I probably won't be playing it anytime soon.

With that said, it really is a unique game, in terms of mechanics and setting. I could just be ignorant, but I've never seen any kind of horror media take place in one of these Chuck E Cheese style pizzeria/arcades. Taking a place that's supposed to be fun and associated with happy memories and turning it on it's head. I love that kinda thing!

And the game mechanics remind me of tower defense games, in a way. Sure, they make no real-world sense (Doors need power to stay closed? Wat), but that's not the point. The point is HOLY FUCK I'M LOW ON POWER SHITSHITSHIT!

A bit off topic, but I don't really understand why furries get the level of hate that they do. In my early 4chan days I did my share of furry bashing, just following the crowd and such, but since distancing myself from that culture, it really doesn't seem justified. Most furries tend to keep to their own communities and they're not going around en masse beating people over the head with horse cocks (and the "raids" that do happen on rare occasion I'm pretty sure are just done by trolls to instigate hate).

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

December 5, 2014 at 5:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Yeah, furry bashing is on par with homophobia imo. I just mean there's a good portion of the internet that seems to equate liking FNaF to furryism. Examples:

http://tgweaver.tumblr.com/post/96046637747/god-damn-why-does-everyone-want-to-fuck-the-fnaf

Why even go there, you know? There is LESS than nothing sexual about Freddy's, in fact I'd go so far as to say the game's only female is an active bonerkill. Probs just trolls and I'm overreacting, it just seems like everyone who doesn't like this game does so on the basis of "LOL FURRIEZ"

But yes, OT, I have another confession to make: I've never actually played either. I'm too chickenshit (no offense, Chica). LPs and late nights inadvisably reading backstory were enough to make me fall in love with it though, so I did buy it half to support Scott Cawthon and half under delusions that one day I'd be brave/stupid/drunk enough to actually play it.

That might be an interesting video series I could do actually... Would any of you enjoy watching me lose my shit playing FNaF?

--

The destructor has gone

December 5, 2014 at 6:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Vesicant Lemur

Hell yeah I'd watch it! Probably need a drink myself and a pause every few minutes to get my own shit back together, but yeah, I would. If you have a webcam, a face cam would be pretty sweet, but it'd cool even without it. I have no idea how much work/expensive software that kinda thing would take to setup anyway.

--

Life is Absurd. Chill out. Don't give a fuck.

December 5, 2014 at 6:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I have screen capture software on my computer, but the only device I have that can play FNaF is my iPad. I think Airplay might let me stream my iPad's screen to my computer, where I can then record it? I'll have to test that. No idea about facecam though. Theoretically I guess I could use my webcam to record face and then shoop it over the iPad screencap? Again, ignorant on this. If moar interest, I shall research.

--

The destructor has gone

December 6, 2014 at 2:28 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Nights 1 and 2 uploaded.

--

The destructor has gone

December 10, 2014 at 11:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th_LYe97ZVc&list=TLunAkzGlsD0g" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">this some time back. VERY interesting, and the channel as a whole is fantastic.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

December 11, 2014 at 8:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator
Gotta get this game now.
December 12, 2014 at 12:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Next video is up.

--

The destructor has gone

December 12, 2014 at 11:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator
So...I was inspired to get it and....FUCK. THIS. GAME. So here's the story of my first time (hurhur innuendos hurhur). I turned the game on my kindle, and my Papaw was like "what is that?" So I tell him, which intrigued him, so he wanted to watch me play. The 1st night was pretty uneventful. Bonnie didn't even leave until 3am and moved really slowly. 2nd night Bonnie moved at 1 am. Chica moved at 2. By 4, Chica was nearing the hallway and Bonnie was right outside. I kept checking the doors but nothing ever happened. An hour passed and I decided to check my cameras. I see Chica in the hall and no Bonnie. Freddy had moved too but I wasn't too concerned with him. I looked back to the room an- AHHHH OH MY GOD!?!?! MY EYEBALLS!!! I was laughed at because I actually yelled. So we tried night 2 again. Bonnie and Chica both move at 1am. I checked my cameras around 2 to see Bonnie backstage and saw Chica starting down the right hall. I accidentally clicked backstage cam again when trying to look at Freddy and didnt see Bonnie there. So i tried to find where my creepy friend went, and saw ears poking out from behind a curtain. So I was like oh okay. I checked back on Chica who was in the kitchen. I went back to the security room and...i screamed bloody murder and papaw jumped because hey. There's a jacked up pirate fox in my face. So yeah...moral of the story: read up more on what to expect with this game first cos for some reason I thought there was only 3 creepy friends to worry about (totally didn't register that Crimson mentioned 4 in the video) and that there are these things called lights for the hallways that you should turn on to check when they're in the halls on your cams, don't check the cameras when you know they are outside, and don't scream like a little bitch in front of your grandfather because he will never let you live it down -.-
December 17, 2014 at 10:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Jesus, I don't have a living grandfather, but if I did I imagine this game would've killed him XD

It's honestly best to play it blind though. I mean, it's kind of the worst, but the game loses some scariness with knowledge of how it works, like most things. Still, if you try it again knowing all that I bet you'll beat night 2 no problem.

EDIT: It seems Markiplier beat 10/20 mode in FNaF2 a few days ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9qPj-YJcN8&spfreload=10

--

The destructor has gone

December 17, 2014 at 10:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

MasterAshinator
He's an ex marine so...he's a tough old dude. He likes that kind of stuff anyways. And although I like that stuff too, every time a door is open at night I keep expecting a animatronic head to appear around the corner. Talk about insomnia...
December 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

So. Casey's over and she brought her Windows-based PC so I finally got to play the full version. I feel the need to quit my bitching over my troubles on the tablet because the PC version is SO MUCH WORSE. I'm not sure which is actually "harder" because the tablet version was definitely more frantic, with many more visits from the bots than on the PC nights but the longer, quieter nights are SO MUCH MORE STRESSFUL. More ambient sounds and hallucinations. She was right beside me and I was so much more scared on nights 1 and 2 on the PC than I was even on night 5 on the iPad.

--

The destructor has gone

January 5, 2015 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments