Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > AUG2014 Update Thread

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Hopefully some of you are still checking in despite a whole summer of inactivity, and if you are, I thought I'd make a thread so we could all catch up.

I don't know what the hell happened, guys. I was rollin' along doing just fine and then the momentum came to a screeching halt and now I'm back in a hole. Philosophically I've trapped myself in an existential labyrinth of ennui that's got me questioning everything. Physically I've developed a fairly severe vitamin deficiency that has me sleeping most of the day and almost completely impotent. Creatively, I'm still planning things but I have no real direction for anything. Shit just kinda sucks.

But I do want to make another push for activity on PR, so holla if you read this and let me know you're still around. X has started a new thing and I'm playing with a few ideas. One of them is to finish Shattered Emerald, then tell an abridged story of Harmony's adventures in Unova, and possibly getting around to writing the story behind a BW2 collab Nuzlocke Casey and I did. Another idea would be a realism-centered zombie survival story based on Max Brooks canon, or possibly my own kind of zombies. Finishing aPokelypse Now! is another thing I'd like to do, but as the past three years have shown that's easier said than done for me. I don't know, just let me know what interests you.

Also yes, I still battle teh pokemans. I haven't in forever and I still don't think I have a great grasp on this Gen yet but my roster is deep and I would like to play whoever is interested. Just don't expect me to be the Destroyer I was in 4th Gen.

--

The destructor has gone

August 6, 2014 at 5:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Hey Nick! Things are good here. Captain, Mitsuo, and I are still living together and we haven't killed or maimed each other yet haha.

Philosophically I'm battling the desire to live with others in mind or to only look out for myself. I had a moderate breakdown of my worldview at work a couple of days ago and now I'm leaving heavily to looking after myself only. I'm not proud of the change yet, only time will tell how everything falls.

I'm not much for writing anymore and I've barely done art. You can still count on me to read though and post opinions when asked.

I'm still up for battling too. I've entered into one of the Worldwide tournaments recently and I came out okay winning more than I lost. I'm also sitting near 60+ wins in Triple Battles at the Chateu. Metagame will probably shift real soon with ORAS though.

What is the vitamin deficency all about? That isn't something I'm very familiar with. Sounds like things have been rough on your end though, get to feeling better!

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

August 11, 2014 at 9:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I'd love to hear more of your thoughts about your empathy v. apathy dilemma. Wherever you ultimately land, worldview breakdowns aren't inherently bad events.

Personally, I decided to hard reset and revisit the ancient Greeks. They're wonderful for when you need to escape your current perspective and see a wider field.

Over 60 wins in Triples, wow. That's impressive! Casey and I got a Doubles run just over 40 last month. King's Rock hax did us in, I believe. Although we did have a lot of suboptimal spreads on our team so it can definitely be even better next time! Other than that I haven't done any training or battling whatsoever.

A pretty common side effect of the medication I'm on is that it saps all your VItamin D. It's usually not a big deal, but if you let it dip too low it can drain your energy to a debilitating level. It was just unfortunate timing in my case, I couldn't get in to see my psychiatrist until after it had already dipped too low, so now it's 4-6 weeks until it's back where it should be. I already feel better though, I'm on a temporary fix to boost my energy until the Vitamin D can catch up. So at the moment I'm basically on a cycle of uppers and downers but it should only be for the very short term. 

--

The destructor has gone

August 12, 2014 at 2:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Ick that sounds gross. Constant ups and downs? At least it is for the short term, but I can see how that would be debilitating.

I would have never thought Vitamin D was so important. Or as slow to return to homeostasis.

--

Ask me about my waifus

August 12, 2014 at 9:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Eh, it's not that bad. To my doctor's credit, he's got me balanced incredibly well so that now I'm pretty even. I just need to take the energizer in the morning so I can sleep at night and probably skip it entirely on days where I think I'll have to do something that will scare me, lest it undo the anxiety-numbing I went in for in the first place. My mood is a little inconsistent, but it's not radical highs and lows. We're definitely getting there.

Also, Mega Slowbro and Mega Audino. Are we finally getting true walling Megas?

--

The destructor has gone

August 12, 2014 at 1:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Maybe out of Slowbro but only because he has Slack-off. I will miss regenerator though.

--

Ask me about my waifus

August 13, 2014 at 11:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I'm still waiting a Mega Dragonite or Flygon. Dragonite should get it to match it up with Salamence and Garchomp, and Flygon really just deserves a mega, let's be honest. Also, is it bad that when I first read Mega Audino I was thinking of Exploud (mostly cause audio is a root word there), and how awesome that would be? While by no means impressive, it'd be nice to have more love for forgotten pokemon like it, especially in a remake of its debut game.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

August 13, 2014 at 10:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I don't know, Multiscale puts Dragonite on par with any dragon out there. Of course if we're talking about necessity, Mega Garchomp and now Mence are kind of head-scratchers... Agreed on Flygon though, I mean even ALTARIA has one. Not to knock Altaria, really excited for its Mega. Mega Kingdra would also be amazing.

--

The destructor has gone

August 13, 2014 at 11:16 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Ye gods, makes me harken back to the days of GSC where Claire's Kingdra was nigh unstoppable. Had to use Perish Song the first time to defeat it.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

August 13, 2014 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

525 views - 0 comments
522 views - 1 comment
579 views - 4 comments
550 views - 0 comments