Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > RS Remakes

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Bam. I even ninja'd Bulbapedia on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywGSON9tNq0

That's a video on Pokémon's official YouTube announcing the release of the long-awaited and much-needed Ruby and Sapphire remakes on 3DS. Except maybe not. All we know right now is that Groudon and Kyogre are the mascots and the games use Ruby and Sapphire in the titles. But the video claims a "dramatic new world" to explore... Hoenn is hardly a new world, is it? Or are they just banking on us all being too young to remember it? They did kind of let it just sit there for a decade.

--

The destructor has gone

May 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

The ad was probably meant for the young kids who play Pokemon who never played Ruby or Sapphire, as it will be completely new to them.  It will be new to us in a way too because it is being released in Gen 6 so we should see some Gen 6 Pokes in Hoenn.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

May 8, 2014 at 12:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Personally, I hope you're right. If so I wish they'd worded it differently though.

--

The destructor has gone

May 8, 2014 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Del is right, they are confirmned in saying that it is purely a remake. But plenty of kids born when Hoen came out never have experienced it yet joined Pokemon through B/W, D/P/Pt or XY and to them it'll be brand new! Plus we're taking a 2D game into full 3D and adding in Mega Kyogre and Groudon, things will be plenty new for people whom have played before.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

May 8, 2014 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

A complete, total, word-for-word remake? That makes me a little sad. Personally I was hoping for something along the lines of B/W 2 as their reasoning for calling it a "dramaic new world." It would have been very easy to alter the region with time and/or some form of cataclysm to create a new setting. Hoenn IS the home of a few potent earthshakers.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

May 8, 2014 at 7:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I'm sure there'll be new content. They've never made a word-for-word remake that did nothing but updated the graphics.

Looking forward to seeing updated Hoenn. That region always felt bluh to me, hopefully some minor tweaks can bring out its full potential.

--

The destructor has gone

May 8, 2014 at 7:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I imagine it will not be a "full" remake of R/S either because HG/SS took their story from Crystal too, I imagine these will play more like Emerald.

I, for one, hope for the return of Secret Bases and they be a streetpassable thing. If they have that, then I'll be happy enough. (Also, pounding it with my Regi Brothers again. Hell yeah!)

--

Ask me about my waifus

May 8, 2014 at 8:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

...this is highly relevant to my interests. Also, already considering a possible Nuzlocke of it. This gen I felt was highly underrated and rife with a lot of problems due to converting from the original GB series to the Advance and due to all the innovations. I feel like a remake will put it squarely back in the spotlight as a phenomenal gen, as opposed to one of awkward transition. Of course, that's assuming they make Team Magma and Aqua a little more sensical. I can't take Team Flare seriously at all, after I found out their plan. It's just...dumb. Especially after the complexity of Plasma, it just feels so poorly thought out.

Also, yeah, I'm back.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

May 9, 2014 at 9:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I just realized something in the shower that actually causes me some excitement at the thought of the remakes. PHYSICAL SPECIAL SPLIT IN HOENN. Poocheyna isn't shit anymore! Also, the potential return of Move Tutors.

In Flare's defense, GameFreak was trying to make a story that could be understood better by young children. That is why the 2DS launched right before X/Y. There is some interesting subtext in the story too for older viewers (Fridge Horror and the like). I'm not condoning it by any means, it still is pretty bad compared to Team Plasma.

--

Ask me about my waifus

May 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Dropped the quotation marks since they're now confirmed to be remakes.

Also it's so nice to have you back, X. I've been wanting to run some story ideas by you.

--

The destructor has gone

May 11, 2014 at 6:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

What are some things you're looking for in these remakes? I want:

-Megas for Sceptile and Swampert. It's only fair.

-The return of the lead Pokemon following you around like in HGSS

-Definitely the return of Secret Bases, but they should be better. The PC should actually function like a Pokemon Center's; that is to say, I want to actually be able to use it as a BASE, not just a place I decorate. 

-Better difficulty balance. The leveling was super weird in RSE, it kept fluctuating between too hard and too easy.

-Other Hoenn Pokémon that might appreciate Megas: Sableye, Flygon, Milotic, Regis.

--

The destructor has gone

May 12, 2014 at 4:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic

Megaeye. That's all I need.
And it's only fair in the same sense of Swampert and Sceptile.

--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

May 12, 2014 at 8:53 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl
I would love to see the clothing system return. I wanna be able to dress my character how I want
--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

May 13, 2014 at 7:18 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

More Pokeballs or the return of Apricorns. I love being able to match my Pokemon to their Pokeball.

Mega Probopass. He's just one giant Mustache.

--

Ask me about my waifus

May 13, 2014 at 7:58 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments