Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > Eeveelutions!

Mitsuo-Dexl

God I love them.

Anyway, for my PTU campaign, I'm creating a few new ones (but honestly, who hasn't?) based some designs I found on the Internet.  Thought I would share the names and get critiques and ideas.  The names weren't entirely my ideas, I had help and suggestions when I was coming up with them.

Chilveon (Steel, based on chilvary)

Raitheon (Ghost, based on wraith)

Vireon (Poison, based on virulent)

Graneon (Rock, based on granite)

Loameon (Ground, based on loamy soil)

Arthreon (Bug, based on arthropod)

Aereon (Flying, based on aero)

Draceon (Dragon, based on drake)

Brawleon (Fighting, because I gave up trying to think of something good)

I'm willing to take suggestions, especially since these names will (hopefully) appear in stories you guys read.  Also, I wasn't trying to insult anyones intelligence by listing where the inspiration for the names came from; I just thought it better to explain my self completely so you guys knew where I was coming from for sure.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

April 26, 2014 at 3:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Well firstly,  Chivalry is misspelled in your post. The Eeveelution should probably be "Chivleon, but that doesn't roll off the tongue very well. Also, without the context of the world Chivalry as it's basis, it reads as Chil-veon in your post and Chiv-le-on in mine. I would suggest moving creating "Chivalieon" which plays from the French world Chevalier. It still keeps the connotations of Chivalry and duty, gives homage to the French nature of the original word, and is more likey to read correctly to users. (This, of course, is Pokemon though where no word is read correctly and most of us have to hear the name in the Anime before we pronouce it right)

Vireon reads to me like "Virus". I don't know if you intended that or not too, but there is my impression.

Loameon's hidden ability should let you plant berries in it's back and it grow small berry trees. Just sayin'.

Arthreon is really hard on the mouth. Also, Arhtropods are a really broad phylum which also incolude crustaceans and arachnids, which aren't really bugs. Arachnids are bugs in Pokemon I suppose, but most Crustaceans are water type. Anyway. Do you know the capabilities of the Bug Eevee yet? That might help with a name. If it has a tough shell then Arthreon might work pretty well. Does it have a cool stinger or a pincer mouth? Arachneon might be the answer. Maybe it lives in colonies like Ants or Bees do? Then you might want to call it Antheon.

Plese do tell. I'm very invested in this Eeveelution.

Hmm. Brawleon is okay, but maybe you could pick a fighting style and name it after that? Karateon? Wrestleon? Sumoeon? Capoereon?

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

April 26, 2014 at 8:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Yeah, I noticed that about chivalry too late, but I really like Chivalieon.  A lot, actually.  Thanks for that suggestion.  And whether virulent or virus gives you Vireon, it doesn't really matter.  They both have the same connotations and give across the impression I want.  Virulent was just where I came from.

Yes to Loameon.  He is a farmer's best friend, after all.

As for the bug, it spawned from an idea that Viridian was having trouble in its forest.  The bugs were going crazy, riled up by an angry Bug-type Eeveelution.  It does have a vague ant-like or bee-like appearance, based on a design I found on the web, so I suppose Antheon could work.  I'd have to roll it around for a bit and think more on it.

Brawleon is terrible.  Like I said, I just gave up.  Caleb, who was helping me, suggested things like Grappleon, and I had suggested Kixeon at first.  Both are because a dog-esque creature would do a bunch of both grappling and kicking.

--

April 26, 2014 at 11:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I like the names as they are now. Even Brawleon... I'm also not sure you can do better than that for a Fighting Eevee.

I'd like to know more about the statistical capabilities of each form, and how Eevee evolves into each of these forms.

--

The destructor has gone

April 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

That'll take research and some more time, but I can get something to you before too long.  Maybe not movelists, but still.

--

April 26, 2014 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Suggestions, if I may? All Eeveelutions up to this point have a Base Stat total of 525, with the following numbers distributed among the six stats: 130/110/95/65/65/60. That does limit things when you apply that to every type in the game, so my suggestion would be to alter the distribution pattern but to maintain the 525 BST.

Some types are obvious, like that Brawleon will need high Attack, Aereon will need high Speed, and that Chivalieon (if that is the spelling you go with, which I put my support behind you doing) and Graneon will probably need high defenses. But I'd ask you to consider shattering a few silly type tropes the game has already established for the others. For example, almost all of the game's good Poison types are defensive, so how about giving Vireon good offensive capabilities? Conversely, the game sorely lacks a good defensive pure-Dragon type, so how about that for Draceon?

Also tell Caleb to get his ass back on here. I miss that guy.

--

The destructor has gone

April 26, 2014 at 6:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Captain F. Magic
Yanno I was gonna wait until I had finished with Sequoia's story before I made any posting comeback, but after that name-drop I may as well climb on out of the shadows of lurkerdom.
--

Professional Grumpy Old Man

April 26, 2014 at 9:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

So glad to hear you're still working on that. That was right up there with Cecil's Platinum, Tam's SoulSilver, and Ninja and X's Diamond for favorite Nuzlocke narration ever. Also welcome back, of our many comback attempts this one is by far our best.

--

The destructor has gone

April 26, 2014 at 9:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Now let's not squander this oppurtunity!  I'll work at some point on getting you some stat spreads, Nick.  Probably on Monday.

--

April 26, 2014 at 10:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Here are the first-draft stats.  I'm including the all ready known Eeveelutions for reference.  Keep in mind the numbers are listed in the order of HP ATK DEF SPATK SPDEF SPD.  I stuck strictly to the 525 BST model, using the same trend as the other Eeveelutions with the spread of 130, 110, 95, 65, 65, 60.  Sorry to disappoint in that regard.

Flareon: 65 130 60 95 110 65

Jolteon: 65 65 60 110 95 130

Vaporeon: 130 65 60 110 95 65

Umbreon: 95 65 110 60 130 65

Espeon: 65 65 60 130 95 110

Leafeon: 65 110 130 60 65 95

Glaceon: 65 60 110 130 95 65

Sylveon: 95 65 65 110 130 60

Graneon: 95 110 130 65 65 60

Draceon: 130 65 95 60 110 65

Aereon: 60 110 65 95 65 130

Kixeon: 110 130 95 60 65 65

Chivaleon: 130 110 95 65 60 65

Vireon: 60 130 65 110 65 95

Raitheon: 95 65 60 130 65 110

Loameon: 65 95 130 60 65 110

Antheon: 65 110 95 65 60 130

All right.  So these are just the rough first drafts of their stats.  I basically focused on the 130; I wanted to even out how many eeveelutions got a 130 in each of the stats.  There are essentially three Eeveelutions with a 130 in each stat except SpDef, which there are only 2.  I didn't do the same for the 60, the lowest stat, because I thought I could use that to help differientiate the various Eeveelutions from each other.  Keep in mind I have no idea what movesets or abilities these things will have, and along with the type differences, I think that will help quell any problems of similarities that might arise.

Let me know what you guys think.

--

April 27, 2014 at 1:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I think you're absolutely hitting this thing out of the park. I must be sounding like a yesman on this thread at this point but I genuinely agree with all of this. It's not a disappointment to me that you stuck with the stat distribution trend; I just assumed it couldn't be done without monotony. You proved me wrong.

--

The destructor has gone

April 27, 2014 at 2:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Well, I'm glad I did something right then.  I also tried to use your suggestions, such as making a defensive dragon and offensive poison.

--

April 27, 2014 at 1:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I can't say much about the Stats, they are what you wanted them to be lol. I would say this about movesets though, no matter what they should be incredibly shallow. Eeveen and it's evolutions are notorious for having terrible move selection. It took us to 6th gen for Flareon to even get a decent STAB! So I would advise making these new ones have very strict movepools as well. Also, since they are primarily for the Tabletop where we can break stats as we please if the trainer becomes a Stat Ace Class, I wouldn't worry as much about you giving them Stab moves that compliment their best offenses. Just give them moves that fit the feel of the Eevelution you are trying to evoke. For example, to me Loameon should learn Earth Power and not Earthquake. This wouldn't be good in the game because his Attack is highest, not his Sp.At. But I feel it better compliments how an Eevee would use the power of the Earth, not with brute force (slamming the ground to cause a tremor) but instead having the Earth workd for him with his's specially devoted powers. Feel free to disagree with me here but at least you can see the point I am trying to illustrate.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

April 27, 2014 at 8:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

624 views - 0 comments
818 views - 4 comments