Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > Casual PokePlayer

Mitsuo-Dexl

I lurk through here, and honestly I am surprised at how casual of a Pokemon player I am.  I knew I was casual, but damn.  XD

I do have to say, though, I love the E4 idea you guys have going, and would consider being a potential challenger at some point.  Its a really neat idea, and the ways you guys have implemented it is really neat.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

April 11, 2014 at 9:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

You probably could have just said that in the post haha.

Anyway, you would be welcome to! I know I'm trying to make my teams feel more like the game and less like competative imo. I want to evoke the feeling of fighting a Champion in the games. Difficult enough that you don't want to make mistakes yet simple enough that if you are smart you can out play me.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

April 11, 2014 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Nothing wrong with being casual. That's one thing I love about Pokémon, how many ways there are to enjoy it. I'd love it if you'd run the E4 challenge with us though, and I'd happily assist you in teambuilding/breeding if you'd like.

--

The destructor has gone

April 11, 2014 at 9:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

To CJ:  Yeah, I coulda, but to no one's fault I tend to find my posts get overlooked unless I make a big show of it.  Not that I post often.

To Nick:  Every gen I decide I am gonna break into the competitive scene, and every gen I don't.  XD.  I would gladly take advice once I get to that point, but my biggest thing is the Pokemon I like and want to use most times are actually competitively viable.

--

April 11, 2014 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I'm really sorry to hear you feel overlooked here, Del =/ Whether or not it's anyone's "fault" I'd like to do what I can to correct it. I'd love to have you here as more than just a lurker and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

--

The destructor has gone

April 11, 2014 at 9:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Ah, typos.  In my last post I meant 'aren't competitively viable' not 'are compettiively viable'.  Argh.

Its really no worries, I can't honestly provide meaningful input to a meta-game I don't know well. 

--

April 11, 2014 at 10:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Maybe not, but you could start posts about aspects of the game that you are knowledgable of and interested in. I'd love to hear about a current run or old in-game favorites, etc.

Totally unrelated, but we should play L4D2 again soon. Casey got a bunch of her friends into it, we sometimes mess around on Versus and have a ton of fun. Want to join us next time?

--

The destructor has gone

April 11, 2014 at 10:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Work has me pretty busy, but if I have the free time sometime I surely well.  I don't know if I have L4D2 still on my system though, so that'll take time, and I'm hoping to be moving within a month or so.

On topic, my current run of X is too easy.  I was gifted the two starters I didn't pick in the very beginning, so you add Sylveon to that and I've had no trouble.

--

April 11, 2014 at 10:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I believe I'm about to restart SoulSilver and do a casual run where I try to use stuff I've never used before.

--

The destructor has gone

April 11, 2014 at 10:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

If you can use a Hoothoot/Noctowl up to the E4 you'll be a stronger man than me.

--

Ask me about my waifus

April 11, 2014 at 10:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Noctowl is actually something I was considering for my Flyer; I had it down to either it or Xatu. Given your challenge I am now more inclined towards Noctowl.

--

The destructor has gone

April 11, 2014 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I want to do a Nuzlocke run of X where I give myself a team of 6 in the beginning and that is all I am allowed to use.

--

April 11, 2014 at 11:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

As far as the original topic goes, I so agree that we'd be glad to have you be a challenger for that E4 plan! I know I'm not the only one that was sad to see it lose momentum! And oh wow, I'd really want updates on how a run like that would go! So you would pick the original team of 6 and start with them, and if you lose any you're permanently down a member?

--

April 12, 2014 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Yep, thats how I would plan it would go.  Basically I have 6 lives to try to make it to the E4 and beyond.  I pick X/Y because it seems that would be the easiest to accomplish with once I acquire the Exp Share.

--

April 12, 2014 at 11:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Yeah and if you Amie them all up to the max, the exp buff from that plus the Exp Share will get you overleveled in a hurry.

--

The destructor has gone

April 13, 2014 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Its actually why I don't like X and Y.  Because it is no challenge to get through the main game.

--

April 13, 2014 at 11:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

It is certainly easier. Not the balls hard of Ruby/Sapphire or Pearl/Diamond. Maybe try a Nuzlock where you can only use the first form of any Pokemon and not using single-stage Pokemon? The lower BST of the pre-evolves might help make up for the fact you are overleveled.

--

Ask me about my waifus

April 14, 2014 at 8:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Thats a pretty neat idea, actually.

--

April 21, 2014 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

624 views - 0 comments