Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > March Battle Night!

Cecil-Jacobs

What day are we having it? lol Because I keep inviting people to it but without a date it is hard to get any commitment from them. I'm super-ready for it though.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

March 21, 2014 at 4:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I really hate to say this, but I won't actually be able to do battle night or the PR E4 challenge myself. Lots of stuff have been going on and, long story short, I don't have my 3DS anymore. I'll be able to get it back soon, but not before the end of March. I can probably attend the events still, but won't be able to participate in them. I hope this doesn't alter in plans or anything, but I figured you all would need to know.

--

March 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Well, it means we won't be able to do the E4 challenge. Unless... unless we go ahead and use Showdown. I despise the whole premise of Showdown, but if it means Diddy can participate with us I'll go with it. We all paid for 3DS' and copies of X/Y anyway, so in our case we're not really stealing. I still hate playing Pokémon on a non-Nintendo platform though. I even disliked YouTube battlers who played on emus back in the days of 4th Gen.

It'll likely occur on a day between the 26th-29th, when Tam and I are in Houston. I'll talk to her and see if we can narrow it down any more than that. Is there any day in that period that either of you know does not work for you?

--

The destructor has gone

March 21, 2014 at 4:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that Diddy. I hope things settle down for you!

I don't know much about Showdown, but I'd be willing to learn if Diddy wants to go. If not, waiting doesn't hurt me any.

No day is bad for me either. I work from home and I'm home all break to take care of the house. So I'll be around.

--

Ask me about my waifus

March 21, 2014 at 5:55 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Battle Night 7 is currently scheduled for tomorrow night, Thursday, March 27, at 9pm. That time is extremely flexible.

--

The destructor has gone

March 26, 2014 at 11:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Well it seems this wasn't a good night. Tomorrow night will work, but it HAS to be tomorrow night now. CJ, Diddy, please post or text me when/if you see this.

--

The destructor has gone

March 27, 2014 at 10:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Sorry Nick. I would have been available last night, but I never got on the site to check.  Tonight is fine with me, still 9?

--

Ask me about my waifus

March 28, 2014 at 11:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Hey guys!

I think I might lurk for tonight's Battle Night if it happens.  I am roped into something else at the moment, so I can't participate as far as I know as of right now, but I can still hang out and chat.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

March 28, 2014 at 8:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Thanks to everyone who showed up and contributed to the awesome night! Also I'm back home now, actively breeding and training new things and up for battles at any time.

--

The destructor has gone

March 31, 2014 at 1:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I feel a little cheated because no one told me about the TinyURL thing until a few days after.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

April 1, 2014 at 12:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I'm sorry, I did do an awful job of organizing this one. I was juggling this with quite possibly my only trip to visit my girlfriend's family this year, so I put off planning for it until I basically had to. This one worked out so well though and we still need to try the Elite Four Challenge when Diddy can participate, I'm sure Battle Night 8 will be held before very long at all!

--

The destructor has gone

April 1, 2014 at 1:25 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Do you mind putting up the Battle Video Nick? I tried to tell Del about the battle but it would just be easier to have him watch it lol. Same goes for Jordan.

Would you mind discussing your team with me too? Some things have been on my mind about movesets, EVs, ect and I wanted to know if they were founded or not. You are welcome to ask about my team too, this doesn't have to be a one-way street.

--

Ask me about my waifus

April 1, 2014 at 9:29 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Sure, I'll do that today! And I wouldn't mind at all, that kind of openness is exactly what I had hoped we'd do with this Gen.

--

The destructor has gone

April 1, 2014 at 11:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Awesome. Like I said, as me questions to as you think of them. :)

Firsty, and what weighs most on my mind, does your Crobat run Defog? I went the whole matching fearing it, which might help explain some of my switches, but it occured to me last night that I was mistaken since your Ferrothron knows SR and having them together would be counter-intuative.

And speaking of your Thorn, how did you decide upon that moveset? I really like it, Rocky Helmet + Thorns was really bad for me, and I kept forgetting through the match. Looking over my team though, I barely had anything to handle a Thorn from afar without taking that double recoil damage so it really beat me up.

That is all I can think of right now. I might think of more once I can see the battle again lol.

--

Ask me about my waifus

April 1, 2014 at 2:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

That Crobat did not have Defog, no. However I also have a visually indistinguishable one that does have Defog (same name, gender, even ball). I plan on Seras kind of being my Poe in this gen; that is, tanking and scouting things when I'm not entirely sure how to handle them. Expect to see her a lot, both with and without Defog.

Chateau d'If was tailor-made for that exact team and the fact that I didn't have Lefties for it. Now that I've seen how well the Helmet+Barbs worked though, I'm not sure I'll be in a rush to put Lefties on that Ferro when I get more. Leech Seed makes up for the lack of recovery in Lefties, T-Wave can hopefully cripple whatever sweeper comes in to deal with my Ferro, Rocks because Rocks and Power Whip>Gyro Ball because Scizor.

Code is YFXW-WWWW-WWW6-HZRM. I'll record my own sped-up version with commentary later for the rest of the site.

--

The destructor has gone

April 1, 2014 at 2:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments