Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > CJ's Coronation

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I started this back in 2012, but it never really took off much. Which is good, in a way, as it makes it more special.

You may have noticed a small golden icon in X's signature. That would be his PR Medal of Integrity, which he was awarded for, among other things, rejecting a shiny Meowth in a Nuzlocke, returning to our site after a year+ absence with the Navy, and generally being a fucking awesome guy. Until this day, Xelakian was the ony one of our members to be awarded a Medal.

Cecil-Jacobs, you have been an active participant in this website since the year 2010. On this very forum, you introduced me to the Nuzlocke Run and started that perhaps largest part of our community. You were my first competitive battling opponent back in the days of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, and your knowledge, suggestions, generosity and ingenuity helped me become the battler I am today, and by extention, Tamoria as well. You introduced me to her as well, for which I feel I owe you a genuine golden medal, but that is aside from the present topic.

Your tenure with this community predates all members of this site save for my own and our co-founder's. You have given us many a fine Nuzlocke, including two Hall of Fame entries and the unforgettable split-narrative that was Cecil's and Jivide's Beware Tall Grass. You maintained perhaps my favorite of all our traditions, Pokémon of the Week, for many months despite lax participation that never seemed to reward the gargantuan amount of effort you put into it. Even now you're back with us, helping us dawn a new generation of Pokémon.

Our community is far from grand, but you are a cornerstone in what we have now and what we will have going forward. For that, I award you, Cecil-Jacobs, with the PR Medal of Longevity. The image on the medal is that of Old Tjikko, the world's oldest known living tree. I hope you find it a fitting tribute.

-

Also, X, man your medal sucks. I didn't even give you a transparent background, and it had that weird dent thing halfway down the bottom... I'm still no pro artist like CJ but my shooping skills have improved since then. So, I redid yours too. Not to hijack your coronation here CJ, sorry. Anyway, here's X's redone medal. Once he receives it I can delete this part.

March 8, 2014 at 1:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

It is with great honor I humbly accept this medal. I don't think I realized how long this site has been running until you put it all in perspective like that! I had just begun to think about Pokemon of the Week again yesterday actually. I missed doing that, even if the turnout was lackluster sometimes. I'd be happy to do so again as we approach competative battling again. I wouldn't even have to sav the Pokemon to make them either, so it would all be legit!

If I had one regret though, it would be how many things I've started and never finished. Some of them were dropped for good reason, but others the only fault is my own and that distresses me.

I'll proudly add the medal to my signature Nick, thank you very much!

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

March 8, 2014 at 2:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

That'd be tremendous if you could bring back PotW, though that's an awful lot of work. But it would be really helpful for some in our community who might not have the time to breed deep rosters on their own, and of course I can only imagine how it'd spark our competitive battling going forward.

And man, there's not anyone here who can say anything about you not finishing things, myself as much as anyone.

--

The destructor has gone

March 8, 2014 at 3:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Congrats, CJ, you earned it! Thanks for all the work you've put into this site and all the great things you've contributed! And of course, I'm indescribably grateful to you for introducing me to this all, as well! I owe you quite a bit and I'm so lucky we met back on DA years back. 

And as far as PotW goes, man that was great! Now that I'm acutally really into battling, I'd love to see it make a return and I'd be able to contribute a great deal more to it, as well!

--

March 9, 2014 at 4:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Tam makes a really good point. Now that breeding is so easy, it wouldn't have to just be you anymore! I'm sure one of us could pony up the PotW once in awhile!

--

The destructor has gone

March 9, 2014 at 6:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Well, I never really considered it work because it was fun to do. Seeing the interest from you two makes me want to bring it back, so I will. Look for it this coming Friday as I decide who to profile first!

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

March 9, 2014 at 6:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

624 views - 0 comments
818 views - 4 comments