Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Pokemon > TwitchPlaysPokemon

Tamoria

DO YOU KNOW WHO THE FIRST POKEMON IS ON THE KANTO POKEDEX??

Well prepare to find out! Someone on the gaming stream service Twitch has set up a playthrough of Pokemon Red. Sounds pretty normal, but there's quite a twist! A bot is inputing the commands based on the commands put into the chat from people watching the stream. Thing is, there are currently well over 50000 people watching, and hundreds of commands being put in each minute. Between people just hitting start to mess with everyone, saving and checking on items constantly, walking into walls and the hurdle of any path with ledges, progress is slow and insane. At about 125 hours into gaming, they've somehow managed to make it into the Rocket base in the Game Corner. WILL THEY EVER MANAGE TO PASS THE PUZZLE FOUND WITHIN? Probably not, but come check it out and laugh at the pathetic attempt that is taking place!

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Things that have already happened:

• Bubblebeam was taught to a Rattata
  • Said Rattata (named JLVWNOOOOO, nicknamed Jay Leno by spectators) was released
  • They managed to go long enough without anyone hitting B to allow the starter Charmander (named ABBBBBBBK () to evolve into a Charmeleon
  • Charmeleon was released
  • A Pidgeotto in the high level 40s is currently completely carrying the team
  • There was somehow enough coordination to buy a Fire Stone and evolve an Eevee into a Flareon, but not before accidentally buying about 90 Dolls
  • The Helix fossil has been used on literally everything
  • A religion has been built around said Helix fossil

--

February 18, 2014 at 12:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

9 hours after she posted this and I'm pretty sure they are still in Team Rocket Headquarters.

Not to hijack your threat too much, but does anyone on this site have White2/Black2? I have a request that can only be fufilled by those games (Of course after I restarted it).

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

February 18, 2014 at 10:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I have White 2.

What does everyone think of this Anarchy/Democracy thing they're doing now? I don't like it, I hope anarchy reigns supreme forever. Although it seems as in real life government may be a necessary evil as they've managed to exit the Rocket hideout AGAIN and they're back to dicking around in Celadon City.

--

The destructor has gone

February 18, 2014 at 1:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Rest easy guys, Bulbasaur is still the first Pokémon in the Pokédex. I just hope they save soon so we don't lose all this progress.

Here's a link to some images that describe some of the memes that have arisen out of this so far. I'm so proud of the internet right now.

--

The destructor has gone

February 18, 2014 at 1:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Democracy has now been engaged for the first time. Let's see if this actually gets them out of the sliding tile maze.

--

The destructor has gone

February 18, 2014 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Hah, democracy has made it even worse! Because there's about a 20 second lag between the game and the chat, everyone is now spamming what they think is the right answer which turns out to be wrong. People are getting bored and it's going to switch back to anarchy soon. I honestly think they may never clear this maze.

--

The destructor has gone

February 18, 2014 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Can you get me a male Corsola taught Stealth Rock? You can only get it with Tutors and that is the only way to breeed SR onto Anorith.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

February 18, 2014 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

What's your alignment? I'm somewhere between Anarchist Dome and Anarchist Neutral. For the most part I support the chaotic things that anarchy brings, but I really didn't like how the Helix followers treated Flareon. That said, fuck Democracy. Ruins the whole point and it doesn't even help progress that much.

--

The destructor has gone

February 19, 2014 at 1:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Probably would be Anarchist Neutral. Anarchy's no fun without consequences. S'why it's so much fun watching this. So, do you guys think they'll make it through the Safari Zone? They've made it past the Rocket Maze, now they're fumbling through the Pokemon Tower. Ghost's first gen wonkiness is really messing them up.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Not so much Ghost's first gen wonkiness as Gust's. Why they originally made it a normal-type move is beyond me.

I heard that the rom is hacked so that the Safari Zone doesn't restrict the steps, or perhaps not as much? It's third-hand information as best, if it's true, then they'll have little trouble, if it's untrue, they'll *never* get through. I already managed to piss off my girlfriend by arguing about this and the Helix Fossil though, so I'll probably lay low on this for awhile... The sad thing is I'm not even kidding.

--

The destructor has gone

February 19, 2014 at 11:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Ah, sorry, didn't mean to come off as being pissed! 

For those of you wondering, THEY DID IT. The rom was not hacked (my information was indeed bad, sorry about that!), steps counted, and they freaking did it. They cleared the Safari Zone! I'm under the impression they used Democracy to do it, but I'm not sure at all. I'm mostly basing that off the fact that I popped in for a moment to see everyone spamming Democracy, so I assumed the plan was to use it to get through. They are currently working their way through Silph Co., managed to defeat Blue, and got the Lapras (named AIIIIIIRRR). 

As for the alignment, I'm going to have to go with Neutral Helix. I'm a huge sucker for fictional religious imagery, so it's really only natural that the allmighty Helix pulled me in. (For you Homestuckers, it should come as no surprise that my favorite ancestors are the Signless and Dolorosa for much the same reasons). And if nothing else, I have to believe in our gloriously overpowered Bird Jesus. Yes, I'm very aware that this is all rather ironic from me, but what can you do. And neutral because wow I just really want to see this game beaten by all these people, and as much as I enjoy the anarchy of it all, if democracy must be employed to get us to the end then so be it.

By the way, here's a fantastic doc covering this all that updates frequently! Absolutely great reference that I find myself checking often:

https://sites.google.com/site/twitchplayspokemonstatus/

--

February 21, 2014 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

624 views - 0 comments
818 views - 4 comments