Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Zombies > Left 4 PR

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

This is happening.

So right now I've got myself as Nick, Casey as Rochelle, and CJ as Ellis and X as Coach, although if you guys want to switch that's fine by me. I just thought that was the best personality matchup.

I'll leave the narrating for the actual story, but here's what I need from you all. Basically, I need you to select a primary weapon, a secondary weapon, and a melee weapon. Actual L4D2 gameplay only allows you a secondary OR a melee, but I'm gonna allow both for increased carnage and entertainment.

-Primary: Basically, a shotgun, an automatic rifle, or a sniper-type rifle (anything semi-automatic and powerful, really). Now, as for what KIND of shotgun, automatic, or sniper, I'm going to leave that up to you. Left 4 Dead 2 only has a handful of guns out of the box, however there's a vast modding community that I've gotten into lately that opens it up to literal hundreds of weapons to choose from. Because of this, I'm going to open it up even more to include anything you can imagine, within feasible reason. Does this mean the gun you select has to exist in real life? No. Include inspiration from other games, movies, anime, or your own creative vibes. Design a gun from scratch if you want, as long as you can describe it to me to replicate in my writing. Also feel free to give me multiple guns to put in your hands; I'd like the freedom to be able for us to lose/break/abandon our weapons from time to time. For your knowledge, Casey is planning on shotgunning, and I'm planning on sniping. So ideally I'd have at least one of you use automatics, but if neither of you wants to I'm not gonna trip about it.

-Secondary: Only two options to choose from here: a single, high-powered pistol (.45 or higher) or a pair of smaller pistols (.9mm or so). If you select two pistols, both pistols DO NOT have to be the same make and model! Even the in-game default is a Sig Sauer in the right hand and a Glock in the left, so mixing guns is actually canon in this case. If there's a make of pistol that you're particularly fond of though, feel free to use two of the same. IRL, that'd be more practical anyway. As for the design, same as above. Anything you want, within reason. Keep in mind, your sidearm is going to be your "baby," if you will. It'll be the weapon you start your adventure with, the weapon you use when incapacitated, the weapon that is always with you no matter what. Casey's going to use a magnum, while I'm going to use dual pistols, so it doesn't matter in the slightest to me which one you choose.

-Melee: Anything. Absolutely anything. As long as you're willing to carry it around with you everywhere you go, you can have it. Just, you know, no lightsabers or anything completely nuts.

Maybe you don't care as much about your weapons as I do. If that's the case, here is a list of all the default in-game firearms and melee weapons for you to choose from.

Also, let me know if you have any interest in using the grenade launcher, M60, or chainsaw. These weapons are very situational, and I won't give them to anyone on a permanent basis, but I do plan to write them in at some point.

--

The destructor has gone

February 7, 2014 at 8:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

I know this doesn't involve me, but oh hot damn, that sniper rifle is my jam. I don't know why, but I love headshotting zombies. Granted, I have never gone above the normal difficulty and done well, but it is fun! 

I'm looking forward to this story a lot. I think you have a way of writing that doesn't weigh much on cliches, so this should be a breath of fresh air in the zombie genre!

--

February 8, 2014 at 2:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Thanks for adding the link to guns. I am gun-illiterate, I don't even know how to hold them. The only bit of gun knowledge I have is Mass Effect 3 stuff. When I do play L4D I prefer M-16 BUT if I was playing with others I would happily take the Grenade Launcher for its situational use. I'm also really in love with the Chainsaw and charging into Boomers with it. (Only when playing on the easiest difficulty of course!)

As for sidearm Magnum all the way. Melee weapon of choice is Mop.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

February 8, 2014 at 8:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Alright, good old fashioned M-16 and Desert Eagle, and a mop. Got it.

--

The destructor has gone

February 8, 2014 at 10:43 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I got a new idea for this. I got to thinking how difficult it's going to be for me to accurately capture everyone's perspectives in writing this, and I'd seriously worry about not giving everyone a fair shake.

So, what if each one of us wrote a campaign instead of me writing the whole thing? That way everyone's perspective would be exposed fairly and far more accurately than I could do alone. Would you guys be interested in doing that?

--

The destructor has gone

February 10, 2014 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I dunno. I'm having serious reservations about my writing skill as of late. I've been considering not even writing the Nuzlocke I promised. Writing is a lot of hard work...
I'm not too worried about you misrepresnting me at least, I know it is a character not myself so it is all in good fun. If the others agree to writing campaigns though I won't hold everyone up, I will write if need be.

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

February 10, 2014 at 9:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Bolt-Action Rifle (Mosin-Nagant) or Pump Shotgun (Mossberg 500), although I'd also be willing to pick up an assault rifle but would probably limit fire to semi-auto or potentially short bursts. Unless surrounded. Then all bets are off.

As far as sidearms are concerned, probably would have to go with the 1911. You can't go wrong with it. Probably wouldn't dual-wield though. Having a free hand is too useful. On that note, melee weapon would have to be the fire axe. Light enough to not be a burden, heavy enough to cut through the hordes, multipurpose and even has a spike on the other end that I could use if I need to.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 10, 2014 at 2:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Nice, the 1911 was the default pistol in the first game, so that fits really well. Plus, I agree, you can absolutely never go wrong with it. What about the aesthetics of your particular model, though? Silver? Black? Pimped-out General Officers Model? I plan to get into as much detail about the guns as possible, particularly the sidearms.

--

The destructor has gone

February 10, 2014 at 3:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Probably just a well-used dull silver. Surface covered in minor scratches, nothing damaging really, but obviously not new. Probably scavanged from the apocalypse. It is pretty much the most popular pistol in America after all, and for good reason. Possible pimpedness would probably just be a flashlight attachment or a laser. Not that it'd do much good to blind the undead though, now that I think about it...

--

February 10, 2014 at 3:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Mind if I fit you with a blue laser? I was planning on a red and a green for my dual pistols, it's the only way I can even sort of make aiming two pistols feasible (even then IRL not really, but let's have a little creative license here) and I know Casey's gonna want dat purple.

--

The destructor has gone

February 10, 2014 at 3:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Perfectly alright with me.

--

February 10, 2014 at 3:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

624 views - 0 comments
818 views - 4 comments