Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Bad News. Nick, Brooke, and Calvin please read.

Cecil-Jacobs

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you this, but we lost one of our friends yesterday.

Scotty Pratt got into a fatal car accident yesterday around midday. I don't know a lot of details because it all has happened so soon, but I do know that the funeral is set for this coming Sunday, Feburary 9th. I'll tell you a place and time as I learn more.

Sorry to burden you all with such Heavy information, but since we were all his friend I thought you needed to know.

Jacob

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

February 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I can't believe he's gone, man. I loved that guy to pieces. What a huge heart, what a great friend. A far better friend to me than I was to him, I'm ashamed to say. The Book is absolutely saturated with Scotty Pratt aphorisms, from the time we decided that there were no numbers in India and developed a counting system based around farm animals to the absolutely legendary time he asked Sensei during one of her emotional rants if she could see why kids loved Cinnamon Toast Crunch. That's what I'll always remember first when I think about him, the fact that I never spent five minutes with him where I didn't laugh.

Please do let me know more about the funeral when you can, CJ, I plan to attend. And thank you for doing the very difficult job of breaking the news to us.

--

The destructor has gone

February 3, 2014 at 2:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I don't even know what to say. He was among my first friends at Cabot, introduced me to the rest of you guys in the first place, and was one of the funniest and most kindhearted people I knew. I wish I had had a chance to hang out with him again. I'm not certain that I'll be able to make it to the funeral, but I will certainly try

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 3, 2014 at 3:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I don't know if it is any comfort to know, but he likely did not suffer. Reports are that he was with his girlfriend when it happened, on their way to Missouri, when she hit a patch of black ice and veered into oncoming traffic. I was assured he likely died on impact. 

She's alive but suffered a broken arm and pelvis. No word on the passengers in the other car.

Scotty was a good guy. He was so friendly and funny. The world will be just a little less bright at his passing.

Sorry but I don't know much more about the funeral yet, I will say something as soon as I know. 

February 3, 2014 at 9:48 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

http://rollerfuneralhomes.com/mobile2/memorial.asp?locid=&id=33584

That is his obituary.  It made it too real.

Roller-Owens Funeral Home Chapel.

5509 John F. Kennedy Blvd

North Little Rock, Ar 72116

That is the place the viewing and the funeral is taking place.  10 AM is the visitation, 11 AM is the service.  Both are happening on Thursday, February 6th.  The date Cecil initially provided was an initial date given to me, but in got changed at some point.  The obituary will also have the address and times, if you need.

The obituary was the hardest thing that I ever had to look at.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

February 4, 2014 at 12:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I will unfortunately not be able to make it. I really wish I could. I'm gonna miss him.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

February 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Thalia May
:(
February 5, 2014 at 2:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

I might not have known him personally, but I've heard about him from Nick and he sounded like an incredible and really fun guy. I am so sorry to hear about this, and my heart goes out to you all.

--

February 5, 2014 at 5:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

673 views - 0 comments
873 views - 4 comments