Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Art Projects

Cecil-Jacobs

Since I'm out of school and my work is comission based I don't always have a lot to do. Sure Pokemon is fun but I can only hunt for shines or IV breed for so long without getting bored.

Normally this would mean I would take up running a Nuzlocke or some other written creative endeavor on this site but since X, andTam already have writings going on I thought to do something else like art.

So unless there is sustained interest in me doing a Nuzlocke how about asking me to draw things?

Pokemon, OCs, Butts... ect. I don't care. I need to keep up my art skills anyhow.

If you can send me a picture I can paint it too! Here you can see what I can do. (Those pictures were also all from my Senior Show and are for Sale or I can be persuaded to give them as a Christmas Present too)

The quality doesn't matter it can be crisp or shitty cell phone quality idgaf.

Sound fun?

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

December 19, 2013 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Since you brought it up, I've always wanted to see someone take an artistic hand at some of my favorite Pokémon from my 4th Gen competitive roster and Nuzlocke runs. Diddy's Sapphire team is another I'd love to see.

--

The destructor has gone

December 19, 2013 at 10:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

I wouldn't mind seeing another Nuzlocke up. Especially after what I've read of your Platinum run. So awesome. Plus, it'd be another run that wasn't mine...

I would love to see art done of anything I've done. Be it Xerxes, Adam, Deekin, Victor Chiral, Ilmiru Domardi or Lance Jacobs. I leave the decision to you.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

December 20, 2013 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

@Desutoroia Yeah I'm down with that! I was looking back through the Hall of Fame yesterday out of boredom and thought about how it would have been nice to have some visual representations of our comrades both living and dead. I once illustrated for Tam's team, remember that? It could be something similar to that full scale scene or just character portraits. Telll me what you'd like to see best.

@X I wouldn't mind doing a Nuz either if you'd read it, but my writing skills have gotten kind of Shitty over the years of disuse. That said once the PokeBank comes out I'll have empty Platinum/HeartGold/Black/White/White2 games and making a Nuz out of that wouldn't be to difficult.

I'm really interested in Hrothstuck though. I love Argonians and wouldn't mind making a stab at a Painting of Deekin. Is there some way you could send me some cool screenshots of him in action from a 3rd person perspective? A Kill cam would probably make for the best shot. If you upload it for me I'll see about turning him into a real work of art!

--

Ask me about my waifus

December 20, 2013 at 9:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I do remember that! I'd love to see you take a stab at Harmony's Crystal team like that. I'll message you later with more specifics, and I'll see if I can't come up with any defining moments from that run to capture. I also loved your Platinum run though, ever think of drawing Neolithic?

X posted pictures of Deekin here, but they're just stills.

--

The destructor has gone

December 20, 2013 at 3:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tamoria

Oh man, I'd totally love to see you take another stab at a Nuzlocke! Count me down as having interest in that! Some art contributions sounds really nice too though, especially after looking through your Senior Show paintings. Looking forward to whatever you put out!

--

December 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

Incidentally, Deekin in Warchief Armor has been posted. I've been struggling to get a good action shot of him.

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

December 28, 2013 at 11:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

B "Diddy" M

A Nuzlocke would be cool. I would also like to pitch the idea of maybe making some PR releated art. Maybe a banner or something? OR some kind of comic book esque drawing to accompany aPokelypse Now! Yeah, that would be freaking awesome.

--

December 31, 2013 at 4:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

PR could do with an update banner. Are you up for that Nick? 

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 6, 2014 at 8:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I am indeed up for that. If you're still interested, I can get the ideal dimensions and stuff from the Webs widget.

--

The destructor has gone

February 4, 2014 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I think that wouldmake for a nice project. Hit me up with the demensions.

What shuld our banner be?

--

Ask me about my waifus

February 5, 2014 at 10:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

The ideal size appears to be 1000x200 pixels. I like that the current banner fits with the site's overall color pattern (well enough, anyway) and that it plays on the name with the color scheme of the letters in the title and the general feeling of, well, randomness. So initially, my suggestion would be to promote black/dark grey and some sort of easy blue as the main colors of the banner, but to throw in a few elements of chaos.

However, that's assuming you're designing for the current template. Personally, I'd be open to exploring some new templates. It's been more than 4 years now, I think we could use a refresh. What does anyone else think about that?

--

The destructor has gone

February 5, 2014 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Further musings on the banner as I browse available templates: The banner does not necessarily need to say "Predictable Randomness" when you make it. Most templates allow me to overlay that, and there are more than a few templates I like that move the site header/navigation tabs above the banner image entirely. Of course, if you come up with a design involving a stylized title or something, that's fine too.

Yeah, and actually that 1000x200 I gave you is only for the present template. So first I guess we need to put the idea of a new layout to vote.

--

The destructor has gone

February 5, 2014 at 2:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Okay so what are our options for Layout? I'm having trouble conceptualizing.

--

Ask me about my waifus

February 5, 2014 at 8:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

The layout itself would stay basically the same in all of them; it's only minor aesthetic changes. The main things would be the colors. If more people post that they'd be open to a change like that I can take sample screenshots of a few different templates and send them to you.

--

The destructor has gone

February 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

624 views - 0 comments
818 views - 4 comments