Predictable Randomness

Forum

Forum Home > Nuzlocke Runs > Cecil's Crazy-Ass Nuzlocke

Cecil-Jacobs

I only have a couple of more days left in my break but I reached the critical point of boredom today. So I have decided to run a crazy-ass, crazy-quick Nuzlocke for the next couple of days as something to do. My rules are as follows:

Rules:

If a Pokemon faints, it's dead.

You can catch the first encounter on each route.

Duplicates may always be skipped.

Shinies are an exception to the rule

You may use gift Pokemon and fossils.

Encounters are set to random via an AR. Every single encounter in the game could be any one of the 493 pokemon in the PokeDex (I'm playing HeartGold)

You may not buy healing items normally, but you may use items you find, including by Pick-up. However, you may buy TMs, evolution items and held items without limitation.

Every new Area, excluding your home town, you have to roll a die to determine a number between 1 and 20:

1. Randomly determine a team member. This team member is now dead. (Ignore if team has only one member.)

2. Randomly determine a team member. This team member will now be replaced with an equally random box member. The preciously boxed member cannot leave the team (unless rolled otherwise) and only if this member dies can the other member who was boxed return to the team. (Ignore this roll if there are no boxed Pokemon).

3. Randomly determine a team member. This team member cannot evolve, ever, but also has to remain on the team until dead.

4. Randomly determine a team member. This team member is the only one that can be used on this area, until either the member is killed or all important events are done.

5. Randomly switch a live team member for a dead past team member.

6. Buy 10 items here.

7. Buy 15 items here.

8. Buy 20 items here.

9. Throw away 10 healing items

10. Throw away ALL healing items you carry.

11. No catch here.

12. You may catch the first TWO pokemon you encounter.

13. In this area, grass, shaking grass, double grass, water and all cave levels are each counted as seperate

catch chances.

14. You can choose what to catch here.

15. You can catch the first 4 pokemon you encounter, but you may not weaken them at all.

16. For all important battles (Gym Leaders, Evil Team, Rival battles, any battle you deem to be important) you will use Game of Chance rules. *

17. You may only heal inside a battle

18. You may only heal outside a battle.

19. You have activated star mode! In this area, your Pokemon cannot die!*

20. You may resurrect a dead pokemon! (Ignore this roll if no pokemon are dead right now. You may not save this roll for later, not even if a Pokemon dies in this very area.)

* This roll re-activates each time you re-enter the area.

Rules taken from Wasserbienchen on DA, author of the lovely In Black and White Nuzlocke comics.

Game of Chance Rules:

Assign each pokemon's move to a Card suit. (1 Clubs, 2 Spades, 3 Hearts, and 4 Diamonds)

Battles are fought by drawing cards. You use the move based on what Suit you draw.

Jokers are wild, choose your move. 

To use an item you must flip a coin and recieve a heads.

Switching Pokemon is done randomly by the throw of a 6 sided die.

(Modified slightly but pretty close to the original Game of Chance Ruleset)

So yeah, it will be crazy. Anything can happen on these Nuzlockes guys. The 'locke I am overwriting to play this one has a team that includes a Groudon that I caught at lv.14 in the Burned Tower (LOL) and a Zapdos that I caught at lv.10 on Route 34. Yeah shit gets crazy. I think I have fought a wild Mewtwo like 10 times already? Not something you want to see while grinding I can promise you that!

Does this ruleset mean it is doomed to fail? Probably. Do I care? Not till I start loosing my team left and right. Then I'll be a sobbing mess though. lol Expect my first update tonight, hope you enjoy it!

--

Ask me about my waifus

"I'm happy to report that my inner child is still ageless". James Broughton

January 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

I... I don't even. I can't wait to read the first update, I know that much!

--

The destructor has gone

January 9, 2013 at 7:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I usually don't like reading Nuzlocke updates and I am excited for this.

--

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like bananas."

January 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

This is my Crazy-Ass Nuzlocke.

Started with a Cyndaquil, named him King. Quiet nature (because Real gangsta-ass-niggers don't talk much.) He and I roll out of town aiming to be the very best out to prove it with these ridiculous rules. I decide to ignore them till after the meeting with the Po-po. 

The road to Mr. Pokemon's is uneventful. Fought Dialga, Regirock, and Mew on the way no biggie.

King and I roll back into town after trashing our rival Honey (Honey Boo-Boo child is his full name, Giovanni sure likes weird names)

Now the real shit starts.

Rolled a 12 for Route 29, sweet two captures on my first route!

First encounter? Oh a little known psychic type named DEOXYS. Too bad he wasn't a real gangsta cuz the bitch went down in two motherfucking hits. Oh well, caught a Rhydon as well and named her Queen. Faulkner is sooo fucked.

Popped into route 46 like always and rolled a 11. Well fuck, no catch, nothing to do here.

Cherrygrove rolled a 9, well there goes those potions I started with.  I stock up on Pokeballs in town because the rules are really vague about them and I decide I can buy balls anytime.

Route 30 I roll a 7. Buy 15 items here? Uhh, from who? Joey? Yeah no. Caught a Exeggcute. Gangsta already comes with his own gang, fucking sweet! Damn bitch doesn't know any Psychic or grass moves yet though. Calling him Bishop

Route 31 I roll a 10, there goes that Antidote I picked up. Ran into an Azelf but, like a real OG, King killed him in 2 hits. Thug Life forever.

Dark Cave was uneventful too, rolled so I could only heal in battle with my zero healing items. Caught a female Nidoran though. She's a top Ho, got Rivalry and everything. Calling her Rook.

So next I cruze into Violet City, King and I ready to disregard females and aquire currency when a black van pulls out of nowhere and lights the place up with gunfire. I grab my gat but it's too late, King's dead! I must have rolled a 1! Fuck man, there goes a true Gangsta. Too soon. I bet it was that gang over near Faulkner's place. Gonna fuck that place up.

After we trained some outside of course. 

Queen is leading the pack now as we step into Sprout tower, caught a Makuhita inside and named him Knight. My roll was to throw away more healing items that I don't have.

After a lackluster battle with the head Sage (Rook owned his Bellsprout's and Queen wrecked his Hoothoot) me and my gand head outside. I feel we aren't quite ready to take on Faulkner though, so I head down to route 32 to see what is what.

Damn, rolled a 3. Knight is stuck on my team as a Makuhita forever now. 

Of course, that pales in comparison to what happened next.

I step into the grass thinking I'll get some stupid punk when I hear the music change.

Who is it? MOTHERFUCKING KYOGRE. Oh yeah, that's right. King of the sea is up in this hizzle bringing his drizzle!

And what do I do? I PUT HIS ASS IN A MOTHERFUCKING POKEBALL. That's right I got the King of the Sea IN MY POCKET.

Taking on Faulkner tomorrow.

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I lol'd just a little bit.

--

January 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

I just realized that I need to put summaries in my posts since it probably will make keepingup with what has happened easier. 

Alright, after catching Kyogre (Called him Pedro) I stepped into route 36 on my way to the Ruins of Alph. Rolled a 12 which means I'll get two catches on this route when I come back around. Sweet!

Ruins of Alph is my training spot, but not before I rolled another 9 and lost the Paralyze Heal I picked up. While training Queen was killed by a Starmie. In all fairness, she would ahve survived if it wouldn't have criticalled. Still shows how green I am to Nuzlockes again, I forget how fragile those first few levels are. I dunno what I was thinking!

After training my team up some I went into Faulkner's place. Pedro trashed him with Water Pulse nearly OHKOing his Pidgeotto. With badge in hand I set out for Union Cave.

Rolled a 15 in Union Cave which meant I could catch the first 4 Pokemon but I couldn't weakne them at all. Hmm, Challenge Accepted.

First Pokemon? Swalot. Nope, no way I am having that thing on my team. Killed it.

Second Pokemon? Garchomp. KILL IT WITH FIRE. Oh god, as much as I'd have loved to have that thing on my team there was no way I was even going to attempt catching it. With a low 45 catch rate at full health and only Pokeballs, plus when at such a low level it was guranteed to know Dragon Rage? I put that thing in the ground. Too bad.

Third Pokemon? Riolu. Ah, finally some luck! Went in on the first Pokeaball. I'm calling you Pawn.

Fourth pokemon? Houndoom. I tried to catch it, I really did. But I nearly wasted all my Pokeballs on it and I never got to a 2nd wiggle. Oh well.

Blew through the cave while training Pawn.

Outside on route 33 I rolled a 6. Buy 10 items? FROM WHO?

Damn, anyway caught a Nidorino for this route. I think I will keep my Nidoran Female though, she is perfect for Whitney with Rivalry and Double Kick.

Azalea town I rolled a 19. All my pokemon are immune to death. NO FREAKIN WAY! Both my Rival battle and Gym Challenge and my Pokemon can't die? Hell Yes!

First had to pop into Slowpoke well though. Rolled a 10. Well damn, I sure have some faulty healing items don't I?

So what, you may ask, did I run into in Slowpoke cave? Oh nothing just a MOTHERFUCKING GENGAR. Aww yeah, put that bitch in a Pokeball. Bitches love Pokeballs. Called him King Boo. Once I hit Goldenrod I plan on taking him out and using him since I can buy TMs with Special Moves. No point in risking his life now when all he knows is Lick.

In the battle with Proton Rook evolved into a Nidorina. Scientists:1, Christians: 0.

I'll take on Bugsy and my Rival Honey Boo-Boo child after lunch. Peace!

Recap:

Current Team:

Pawn (Riolu) Lv.11
Pedro (Kyogre) Lv.14
Rook (Nidorina) Lv.16
Knight (Makuhita) Lv.13
Bishop (Exeggcute) Lv.13
Some bitch ass Egg that won't hatch. (Togepi)

Box:

King Boo (Gengar) Lv.6
Jack (Nidorino) Lv.7

Dead:
King (Cyndaquil taken from me by rolling a 1)
Queen (Rhyhorn taken because I am an idiot) 

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Small-Ass Update.

Beat Bugsy and my Rival Honey Boo-Boo Child. I taught Jack Cut to let me go through Ilex forest so I wouldn't waste the HM slot on a actual party Pokemon but get this. My roll for Route 34 was a 3. And guess which party member I rolled? Yep Jack. So now I am stuck with a Nidorino on my team that can't evolve and is stuck with Cut on the Moveset.

On the upside my Makuhita committed seppuku in Ilex forest and brought Queen back to life (Rolled a 5 in Ilex) so I have Queen again! 

Now I am trying to decide what I want my party to be before I grind for the fight with Whitney. With Queen alive agian I have a better option for taking down Miltank than my Nidorina. So do I keep my Nidorina and Nidorino or do I just trust in Queen and add something better to the team (Like my Gengar or the Houndour I caught on route 34? Mmm). Decisions decisions. If you guys want to weight in go ahead. 

Current Team:

Pawn (Riolu) Lv.14
Pedro (Kyogre) lv.16
Queen (Rhyhorn) lv.13
Rook (Nidorina) lv.17
Bishop (Exeggcute) lv.13
Jack (Nidorino) lv.8

Box:

King Boo (Gengar) Lv.6
Ace (Camerupt) lv.5
Clubs (Houndour) lv.10
Some Bitch-Ass egg that won't hatch.

Dead: 
King (Cyndaquil)
Knight (Makuhita who sacrificed himself to give Queen a second life)

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

I would add Gengar, if you can.  If I remember right, you can't remove Jack, so who would you take out of your team for him?

--

January 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

My nidorina is what I am thinking about getting rid of or not.
So a vote for moving out my Nidorina for Gengar?

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

Yeah.  That is what I would do.

--

January 10, 2013 at 10:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Xelakian

This is awesome. I thoroughly approve of the chaos run idea. Didn't you bring this idea up some time way back?

--

Friend Code: 1006-1639-8826

January 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Crimson DESTR0YA
Administrator

Damn, even in a run as crazy as this one, losing a starter really sucks =/ And yes, I concur on the Nidorina for Gengar swap.

--

The destructor has gone

January 11, 2013 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cecil-Jacobs

Okay, so the debate about whether to include my Nidorina or Gengar was settled in several hilarious ways.

Firstly, rolling into Goldenrod I ot a 20! Which means King spontaniously came back to life! Frakkin sweet I have my starter back!

So I head out to do some Pre-Whitney training and I accidentally loose both Bishop and Pawn to wild Pokemon. Bishop got obliterated by a wild Bagon's bite (which I had no idea he was packing) and then Pawn lost to a Rampardos. Somehow Force Palm  didn't kill and then it hit back with a crit Headbutt? What is this I don't even.

Anyway so after reorganizing my team to fit that I successfully train some before remembering that I haven't beaten the trainers to the North of Goldenrod nor caught any of the Pokemon on that route. I beat my way through those trainers and arrive at the Park where I catch a.. Porygon? Interesting. I have never seen one of them in a Nuzlocke before. Most people skip it for Eevee (and why not?). I also nab a Golem on Route 36, which is really good luck. I'll be replacing my Rhyhorn with the Golem once I beat Whitney (the golem  was sadly male).

So next I head out to thrash Whitney, which Rook does quite well as I expected she would. Rivalry + Immunity to attract + Double Kick = Dead Miltank. 

Time to head for Ecruteak, but first to reorganize my party some. I decide to leave Rook behind in favor of the Nidorino I am forced into taking. I also switch Queen for Checkers the Golem and add the Porygon Spades to the team. 

However all that was for naught for when I reach route 37 I roll a 2, someone in my party has to be permaboxed and a boxed member has to be place on my team. And of course who do I roll? King Boo for Rook. Yeah, that whole debate about who better to train? The dice decided for us. So now I am stuck with a Nidorina and a Nidorino till they die (At leas tthe Nidorina can evolve!) and King Boo can't be on my team till Rook is forced out or killed. Great.

The roll for Ecruteak is a 17, but it isn't like I have healing items anyway.

Burned tower, however, I get another 20! Heck yeah, I brought Pawn back to life.

Beat the Rival, nothing special.

I decided to go on and fight Morty right away too. See I have a secret weapon in Spades the Porygon. Nomal so he is immune to Ghost moves and Psybeam.

I easily outstall Morty's Gengar's sucker punch with Agility and then proceed to sweep his team with Psybeam. I am starting to really like this little guy. 
Morty gives me the TM for Shadow Ball. Sweet! If only I could use King Boo. >o(

So that is where I am now, a lot of crazy stuff happened so he is the review.

Party:

Pedro (Kyogre) lv.22

Pawn (Riolu brought back from the dead) lv.15

Spades (Porygon) lv.22

Rook (Nidorina, must be on the team till forced out by dice or dead) lv.22

Jack (Nidorino, cannot evolve and must remaing on the team till forced out by dice or dead). lv.18

King (Quilava brought back from the dead) lv.20

Box:

Clubs (Houndour)
Diamonds (Ambipom, caught on route 35)
Ace (Camerupt)
Hearts (Bitch-ass Togepi that finally hatched)
King Boo (Permaboxed till Rook is forced off the team or killed)
Queen (Rhyhorn)
Checkers (Golem)

Dead: 
Bishop (Exeggcute)
Knight (Makuhita)

--

Ask me about my waifus

January 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mitsuo-Dexl

.<

--